Adamec: great stuff on Stef | The Boneyard

Adamec: great stuff on Stef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/category/uconn-2/womens-basketball/

Sounds like she is doing well....getting back in shape after a summer of rehab and rest....scrimmaging....getting the rust out.

I can't find a link to Carl's article in the paper [the above link is to his SNY blog]. it has much the same info but part of her goal this year is to make sure Breanna plays 'wherever she wants'....yes!

School starts August 26. I'll give them a day or two to find classes and such but I sure hope to see them in Gampel scrimmages that first week or soon thereafter.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nice story by Carl. Most revealing is Stef saying Geno thought she could have tried to play against St John's:

Ironically, what helped her play through the pain in March/April was the experience of missing her only career game in February.

Dolson sat out UConn’s game at St. John’s on Feb. 2 due to a stomach ailment. The Huskies pulled out a six-point win but it left a bad state in her mouth.

“I think I learned how much harder I can push myself than I thought I could,” Dolson said. “The one game I know that Coach (Geno Auriemma) kind of got upset with me, and I was upset with myself, was at St. John’s when I got sick and didn’t play. That was a stepping stone for me. He expected more from me and I should have expected more from myself to be able to push through that.

“Getting to the point where I was injured during the tournament and being able to push myself through it and play through it as much as I could and help my team as much as I did, that made me mature as a player and person.”

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Dolson sat out UConn’s game at St. John’s on Feb. 2 due to a stomach ailment. The Huskies pulled out a six-point win but it left a bad state in her mouth."

I'm wondering what state was in her mouth. Surely, it must be a small one. Can't be Hawaii or CT, maybe Delaware but I am thinking New Jersey. Or maybe just a state of being.

Reaction Score
You just gotta love Stef. She has come such a long way since her Freshman year. She has worked so hard. I remember watching her in the Final 4 this year, and I thought no way can she go ! She not only played, but played outstanding bball. I was so worried that she might injure herself permanently, but she didn't. Just a cast on 1 leg and a boot on the other. Yeah, Stef is for real.

She is so unselfish. With her it is always my teammates, my team needs me, there is no other option.
Then what she said about Stewie. She has to take care of the paint so Stewie can go where she wants.
I cannot wait to see her set her first monster screen. I can't wait to see her play, period. I can't wait to see the whole group together again. The UCONN wbb team, the best thing around these days !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom