Adamec: Boykin in Colorado now....June 1 in Storrs | The Boneyard

Adamec: Boykin in Colorado now....June 1 in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/boykin-ready-for-challenge-at-usa-u-19-trials/#more-16062

The link is to Carl's latest blog with many quotes from De'Janae. She sounds excited about the summer...and
she seems to be healthy....good luck to her and all the UConn family in Colorado Springs May 14-17.

BTW: I see that Breanna and MoJeff are simultaneously trying out for the Pan Am team and the World University team. I would think the World team would face higher competition...older players?
But the Pan Am games are in Toronto...a reasonable drive for Stewie's family? The World games are in Korea.

Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/boykin-ready-for-challenge-at-usa-u-19-trials/#more-16062

The link is to Carl's latest blog with many quotes from De'Janae. She sounds excited about the summer...and
she seems to be healthy....good luck to her and all the UConn family in Colorado Springs May 14-17.

BTW: I see that Breanna and MoJeff are simultaneously trying out for the Pan Am team and the World University team. I would think the World team would face higher competition...older players?
But the Pan Am games are in Toronto...a reasonable drive for Stewie's family? The World games are in Korea.
If the World Competition gets to play against Moriah Jefferson they'll think the USA brought one of it's tornadoes . I wish health and success to both of these two outstanding women and basketball players --of course from Uconn.

Reaction Score

You can see from what Boykin says why Uconn selected her---"I'll do what ever they ask", "I'll do my best", "this will be the shortest summer ever, (with a laugh). All this just recovering from an injured wrist. A hard worker who does the little thing too---there was ONLY ONE school for a kid like that--Uconn!! Welcome aboard, Uconn loves you already!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think the tryouts are like that for everyone. All the girls will be there and the 2 teams will be picked from the pool.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am not sure which competition is the more prestigious - neither team in the past has gotten the attention and quality of trial participants that the other USA teams have gotten.

Reaction Score
Nice to see some more coverage of De'Janae, I feel like with her injury we missed out on getting to know her this past season the way we did the other incoming recruits. She sounds like a good one, who will fit right in at UConn. We have an impressive incoming class.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am not sure which competition is the more prestigious - neither team in the past has gotten the attention and quality of trial participants that the other USA teams have gotten.

I disagree, certainly with respect to the USA teams that have played in the WUGs. The Pan Am teams have been more of a mixed bag but have included some great players.

The Pan Am games are played every 4 years in the year before the summer olympics. Some great women players (and Olympians) have played in the Pan Am games in the past, including Summitt, Donovan, Staley, Swoopes, Cheryl Miller, etc. The timing of the games changes and has impacted which collegiate players choose to play. In 2007 the games were in July and Angel, Appel, Wiggins, Charde and Mel Thomas were among those who played on the gold medal winning team . The 2011 games were in October so most of the better collegiate players chose the World University games in the summer so they wouldn't miss preseason conditioning and practice with their college team. High-schooler Breanna Stewart played with the USA team at the 2011 games.

The World University games are played every other year and some great players (Olympians and All-Americans) have played on the USA teams, including
Augustus, Charles, Fowles, Maya, Donovan, Summitt, Leslie, Pondexter, Katie Smith, Staley, Tina Thompson, Delisha Milton-Jones, Sims, Wolters, Hartley, KML, etc.

As for 2015, both games are this summer so it will be interesting to see how USA BB chooses to divide up the talent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Mo and Stewie will play together on the same team rather
than be split up. That would seem to make the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom