2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

Reaction Score
Can someone advise me on the best Vegas sports book site to put a wager on next years NCAA tourney???

Reaction Score

On to 2021...

1588733467954.gif

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
247 now has our 2020 class ranked 18th in the country. The exact same national ranking we had last year with nearly the exact same total “points” lol. Consistency!

Reaction Score
LMAO at this quote from the Zags article on RJ Cole recruiting Sanogo.

“Cole has seen video of Sanogo, who averaged 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Celtics this year and was a monster on the boards, out-playing Rutgers-bound big man Cliff Omoruyi on several occasions.”

R.J. is da man! Put him on the recruiting trail after his pro career is over.

“When he called me, he had pretty much told Seton Hall that’s where he had headed,” said Chris Chavannes, who coached Sanogo at The Patrick School in New Jersey, “and Danny, who is a phenomenal recruiter, and his staff came in and did a phenomenal job with him. My assistant coach was telling me this morning that R.J. Cole was calling or texting Adama almost daily the last three weeks and that made a tremendous impression on him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
R.J. is da man! Put him on the recruiting trail after his pro career is over.

“When he called me, he had pretty much told Seton Hall that’s where he had headed,” said Chris Chavannes, who coached Sanogo at The Patrick School in New Jersey, “and Danny, who is a phenomenal recruiter, and his staff came in and did a phenomenal job with him. My assistant coach was telling me this morning that R.J. Cole was calling or texting Adama almost daily the last three weeks and that made a tremendous impression on him.

I wonder if having Cole recruit is by design, ie. Hurley is having Cole do everything a coach would including prospecting/recruiting, he was also involved with Cliff’s recruitment. A current player reaching out to a recruit isn’t unusual but breaking down tape, daily phone calls and texts for a month straight certainly is.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Some very telling comments here that confirm how well the staff handled his recruiting. It'd be interesting to see the videos they prepared for him.

When he called me, he had pretty much told Seton Hall that’s where he had headed,” said Chris Chavannes, who coached Sanogo at The Patrick School in New Jersey, “and Danny, who is a phenomenal recruiter, and his staff came in and did a phenomenal job with him. My assistant coach was telling me this morning that R.J. Cole was calling Adama almost daily the last three weeks and that made a tremendous impression on him.”

Cole, who transferred from Howard a year ago, is expected to be UConn’s point guard next season. After a virtual visit and a final Zoom call, Sanogo, a 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward/center chose to reclassify from the Class of 2021 and commit to UConn for next season.

“I picked [UConn] because their coach uses their big men,” Sanogo told 247Sports.com’s Evan Daniels.I watched a lot of their games this year and I liked how they played their big men. .. I liked the campus and I like their gym, especially the urinals being 6 feet apart. They showed me a video of their plans to play me next year and I liked the video. It was a nice Zoom call.”
Incredible

Reaction Score
Yesss. Thank you!

Adama:
14 PTS
11 REB
3 AST

2 TO
4 STL
1 BLK
7/13 FG
0/0 FT

Cliff:
3 PTS
9 REB
0 AST

2 TO
0 STL
3 BLK

1/9 FG (0/7 fg when sanogo was playing)
1/6 FT (no fouls on Adama. Either when he’s out of the game, or hedging and help is late)

Two best centers in New Jersey head to head, and he completely neutralized Cliff offensively. Cliff played the entire game, Sanogo probably played 28 minutes. Sanogo took away the post-entry angle well. When he got the ball, Sanogo absorbed the post up in the gut and held his ground every time. Didn’t even seem to be working that hard. At 1:15:20 he literally laughed off a mid-range shot from Cliff and didn’t raise his hand. Felt like one of the quietest dominant performances of a matchup I’ve seen in HS in a while. The stats don’t tell the whole story. Cliff couldn’t do anything on offense.

• His team blitzes pick and roll as we do. He’s not quick enough for it at the NBE level, but the positive is that he has familiarity with the concept. Should make learning our D easier.
  • A LOT better passer from the block than I expected. Not a black hole at all, even when he doesn’t get the assist. The ability to get the ball out when the post up isn’t there is huge, hitting cutters is even better.
  • Love how well he plays within himself. Not doing too much, not really any bad shots. Stopped Cliff at the rim, hedged as well as he could, made easy buckets, passed the ball. Simple, not flashy, but really effective this game.
  • Corey Floyd Jr. is really, really good for a sophomore. I hope we keep recruiting him.

Reaction Score

Another condensed full game to watch. Vs #7 IMG.

Had 24 and 12 in this game w/ 7 steals. I think 2 assists. Vs #29 Mark Williams (Duke Commit). Blowout loss though.

Passing and scoring with his left hand. At least 4 left-handed layups that I saw. Impressive.

Reaction Score
kofi who? i'd rather have sanogo for 2 years (maybe even 3) than kofi for 1

Reaction Score
If you all want some real fun, the Syracuse board is the place to be right now. Watching them try to convince themselves that they are the superior program (and not in a slow and inevitable death spiral with a coach at the helm who is totally out of touch with the modern game and player) is always a good time after Hurley pulls in another big recruit. The karma from when UConn was trending down and they were predicting our demise is just so sweet.

Reaction Score
If you all want some real fun, the Syracuse board is the place to be right now. Watching them try to convince themselves that they are the superior program (and not in a slow and inevitable death spiral with a coach at the helm who is totally out of touch with the modern game and player) is always a good time after Hurley pulls in another big recruit. The karma from when UConn was trending down and they were predicting our demise is just so sweet.
This thread is hilarous. And the extra funny thing is when it was created it was titled 'The Elephant in the Room re: UConn', or something like that, but of course in their never ending quest to pretend they don't care about us, they changed it to 'Former Big East Rivals - Recruiting' bahahahaha.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This thread is hilarous. And the extra funny thing is when it was created it was titled 'The Elephant in the Room re: UConn', or something like that, but of course in their never ending quest to pretend they don't care about us, they changed it to 'Former Big East Rivals - Recruiting' bahahahaha.

The thread title was not edited

Reaction Score
The thread title was not edited

The author of the thread literally said he edited the title, but whatever you say. :rolleyes:

"Any reasoned responses as to why the psycho from Storzz is seemingly pulling in pretty decent recruiting hauls or am i off the mark here. As mentioned, no NBA players, no real NCAA success, lunatic on sidelines etc

I know Cuse is in a very good spot in the ACC, and football drives the bus, is it as simple as the Big East allure?

I'm sure I'm bitter about Cuse's 1987, 2010 and 2012 lost opportunities, oh well..

Edited tile cause F'em. To include Seton Hall, Nova, etc

Also don't think it helped that some of Cuse players left earlier than anticipated

Last edited: Yesterday at 7:13 PM"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom