Adama Sanogo comparison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo comparison

Reaction Score
I think @MDHuskyFan nailed it physically in the other thread with Patric Young of Florida. Oriakhi and Adrien had the shot at the elbow that I don't think is a key part of Sanogo's game at this point. When I saw Sanogo in person his hands also looked quick snatching the ball on rebounds the way Caron did.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I see at least a little bit of T-Walker in him.
You may be looking too closely at his shoulder width and haircut.
I see a little Kirk King, and a guy who uses his body like Jake, but has quick ups, not unlike Whaley.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t who he reminds me of and I don’t care.

Just glad that one of the biggest changes that Hurley has made since he took over is that he has put some size on the court. Short guards and whip-thin bigs was our MO for a few years.

Other teams are going to start bouncing off of UConn instead of the other way around.

Reaction Score
I don’t who he reminds me of and I don’t care.

Just glad that one of the biggest changes that Hurley has made since he took over is that he has put some size on the court. Short guards and whip-thin bigs was our MO for a few years.

Other teams are going to start bouncing off of UConn instead of the other way around.

That's my thing. And it's not just big bodies, but guys who are elite level rebounders. We've had some shooters the last 5-6 years who've had no margin for error. Now we'll have better shooters with a much larger room for error.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He reminds me a little bit of a better version of the good version of Cobb. I suspect he’ll be used similarly.

Reaction Score
I think @MDHuskyFan nailed it physically in the other thread with Patric Young of Florida. Oriakhi and Adrien had the shot at the elbow that I don't think is a key part of Sanogo's game at this point. When I saw Sanogo in person his hands also looked quick snatching the ball on rebounds the way Caron did.
Did Adrien have the shot at the elbow? If I recall correctly, he tried about 5 of those at the buzzer in the 6 OT game and missed every one.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Did Adrien have the shot at the elbow? If I recall correctly, he tried about 5 of those at the buzzer in the 6 OT game and missed every one.
I remember him nailing the elbow shots on the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
You may be looking too closely at his shoulder width and haircut.
I see a little Kirk King, and a guy who uses his body like Jake, but has quick ups, not unlike Whaley.
No, I am looking at his game as being more about power and heft and less about an excellent quick-twitch skill set. I think he will have to work on his quick-twitch and stay nimble/avoid getting too bulky because at the highest level of D1 he is going to see other big men that are as big and as quick/quicker than him. Admittedly, I need to see more film of him and of course see him in person against elite competition but at this point I can see why he is a 4 star as opposed to 5. I'm a little hesitant at this point to go as far as others and say he'll be in the starting lineup in Feb/March, but we shall see. (Don't take this as a Debbie Downer; just trying to be realistic). :)

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Man AO left this place with a bad taste. He averaged 6.6 and 8.7 rebounds his first two years here...in the Big East. From your lips to God’s ears that he is a better rebounder.
Good point. Maybe remnant of my Oriakhi fumble frustrations.

Reaction Score
I’m worried about Akok practicing against this guy. He’s back when?

Reaction Score
He will not be taking many minutes away from Whaley. The speed Whaley has getting off the floor and around defenders, getting down the court, getting to rebounds, blocking shots is a huge upside for us next season.

Reaction Score
He will not be taking many minutes away from Whaley. The speed Whaley has getting off the floor and around defenders, getting down the court, getting to rebounds, blocking shots is a huge upside for us next season.
He'll be playing alongside Whaley a lot and they both can be a lone big in a small lineup.

Reaction Score
We are finally in a position to have practices that make our big guys better.

Carlton, Brown-Ferguson, Sanogo, Springs, Whalley and, eventually, Akok going up against each other every day should make for great practices. It should help them all. Games should seem much easier.
I hope Akok is back soon and that he’s the same when he comes back.
Nothing is sadder than a player that had the potential of Al never being able to perform at his expected level.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He looks very quick in post moves, finishes well with either hand. Great hands, Can pass and monster on boards. His upside reminds me of Elton Brand of 1997-1999 Duke teams. Adama is listed at 6-9 250lbs.
Brand was listed as 6-8 275.

pj

Reaction Score
He looks very quick in post moves, finishes well with either hand. Great hands, Can pass and monster on boards. His upside reminds me of Elton Brand of 1997-1999 Duke teams. Adama is listed at 6-9 250lbs.
Brand was listed as 6-8 275.

If he could be Elton Brand, that would be awesome. Elton was the best player in college basketball, first overall pick in the NBA draft, then had a 17 season NBA career with 6 seasons over 20 ppg and two All Star selections.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom