AD David Benedict candidate at ASU for Athletic Director Job | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AD David Benedict candidate at ASU for Athletic Director Job

Reaction Score
Many chiming in on this topic would have a hard time spelling ... law...

Let's give some well due credit to Randy on the Hathaway situation also. At a meet and greet upstairs @ Rentschler I personally got to witness him call out and point to Hathaway sitting in the front row. This in front of a few hundred fans.
Ask him! He shouted with spittle flying and pointing to Hathaway sitting in the front row. This was in response to to a question from a fan on why Randy could not get more money to keep assistants.
Randy was never comfortable with a microphone / public speaking but he had Hathaway beet red on that evening. Obviously not a fan of his boss.
Agreed, spoke to Randy in private more than once before his departure. Appears that the "powers that be" didn't take Randy seriously until after he left. If the timing of the departures of Randy and Jeff were reversed, well that's some revisionist history!!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want to lose Dave, but if he wants to go we should all wish him luck. He did a good job getting UConn out of the AAC and hiring Hurley and there has been progress on athletic facilities. There are some up and downs with many sports, but that is probably going to happen under any AD.

My only frustration with Dave is that he was late to effectively communicate to the fan base/boosters about the importance of football and asking for more financial support. What has held him back from getting P5 jobs in the past has been the poor performance of UConn football as football is the number 1 priority at P5 schools. I have thought that once he turned around UConn football (it's just starting), he would leave for a P5 job.
It is a tightrope a new employee has to walk. I'm sure some of the folks in the hiring process felt assured that Dave would manage budgets, not be a rebellious zealot advocating for FB resources.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many chiming in on this topic would have a hard time spelling ... law...

Let's give some well due credit to Randy on the Hathaway situation also. At a meet and greet upstairs @ Rentschler I personally got to witness him call out and point to Hathaway sitting in the front row. This in front of a few hundred fans.
Ask him! He shouted with spittle flying and pointing to Hathaway sitting in the front row. This was in response to to a question from a fan on why Randy could not get more money to keep assistants.
Randy was never comfortable with a microphone / public speaking but he had Hathaway beet red on that evening. Obviously not a fan of his boss.
I always felt that Edsall was a no-class bum. More proof.

Reaction Score
He’s been in here for like 2 mins, complained all last season, the team was terrible and he will 100% jump to a better job as soon as he can. Imo
Don't think he is in it for another job.
He and DB are doing a fine job on messaging in order to educate the masses what UConn needs to be successful. When it is just the FB coach(See Randy) without the AD, it falls on deaf ears. The 2 of them in concert is a force multiplier.

Unfortunately, both of them are facing a Typhoon with regards to NIL and Transfer portal. Realistically, too much to deal with all at once.

Reaction Score
Good riddance. He destroyed the football team with his decision-making, and he couldnt get us into a Power 5 conference. The NIL budget is also a concern. He's been a disaster, imo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
fighting for his program is a real bum thing to do lol
Like when he spent the season in Florida when his team was on lockdown. He's just aces.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
when you're in a poverty church league (mid-major) the real conferences like the Big 12 (power) will be trying to take your stuff.

hope it works out for the huskies bros! hate that the little guys have to deal with this!
didn’t you read the news? youre a bottom feeder in a conference that doesn’t have a seat at the table either

Reaction Score
didn’t you read the news? youre a bottom feeder in a conference that doesn’t have a seat at the table either
they sponsor football, so they're at least in the dining room.

Reaction Score
Like when he spent the season in Florida when his team was on lockdown. He's just aces.
That was goatee Spock. His first tenure was normal Spock

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom