Action based detective books with recurring leads | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Action based detective books with recurring leads

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Started this yesterday. Is this the book the movie is based on?
Yes. The book is much better, in my opinion. For what it's worth it's probably the worst of the series. The books keep getting better.

Reaction Score
I've read all the Jack Reacher books and liked them all. Have read, I think, most all the John Corey books as well.

There is a series of books by John Connolly - the Charlie Parker series - about a detective that loses his family and the path he follows. Maybe 15-16 books? The first book is 'Every Dead Thing'. The general theme progresses from serial killer stuff and slowly bends into a bit of supernatural and good vs evil. I like them all. Best read in order as new characters are introduced, but ok as single books as well.

Another short series would be from Baldacci - the Will Robie series. Not a detective, but a govt assassin with conscience. I think there are 4 books? The Innocent, The Target, The Hit, End Game are what I seem to remember but there may be another. Again, probably best read in order.

Reaction Score
A somewhat similar character, although he hasn't appeared in nearly as many books, is John Corey from Nelson DeMille. He is a prolific author but not nearly all of his books involve Corey. John has kind of the same moral compass as Reacher, a tough guy, doesn't like authority, plays by his own rules, gets the job done. He's NYPD initially and later on a liason with the FBI.
To me, some of the best parts of the John Corey series are the 'one liners'. I like sarcasm and he has plenty.

Reaction Score
I've read all the Jack Reacher books and liked them all. Have read, I think, most all the John Corey books as well.

There is a series of books by John Connolly - the Charlie Parker series - about a detective that loses his family and the path he follows. Maybe 15-16 books? The first book is 'Every Dead Thing'. The general theme progresses from serial killer stuff and slowly bends into a bit of supernatural and good vs evil. I like them all. Best read in order as new characters are introduced, but ok as single books as well.

Another short series would be from Baldacci - the Will Robie series. Not a detective, but a govt assassin with conscience. I think there are 4 books? The Innocent, The Target, The Hit, End Game are what I seem to remember but there may be another. Again, probably best read in order.
I found all of Baldacci’s reoccurring character series very enjoyable. There must be 5 or 6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom