ACC to consider NY for bball tourney | The Boneyard

ACC to consider NY for bball tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
per Brett McMurphy.
Besides New York, other cities being considered to host the 2016-21 ACC tournaments are Atlanta (Philips Arena), Charlotte, Greensboro, N.C., Tampa, Fla., and Washington D.C.

Maybe Hartford should submit a bid. Ha!

Reaction Score
K will sh%t his pants when he has to play a tourney without his home crowd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
K would have a home crowd in NYC against everyone but Syracuse. This of course ignores that UNC and NCSU have much bigger local fanbases anyway.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I never watch the ACC Tournament because I think a Sunday final is anti-climatic. I like my tourneys to wrap up by Saturday night so I can spend all day Sunday speculating on the NCAA Tourney field.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Of course, they are...for all the bluster, the ACC is jealous of what the Big East has been.

I've been to the ACC Tourney - it duck*ing blows.

Reaction Score
Went to one in Greensboro, sucked big time. Also went to the Uconn vs UNC when smitty played ( for those of you who don't know Chris Smith) must have been 1990 or 91. The place was so quite. I'll never forget i was with my boss at the time, UNC grad. It was close for a while and then it started getting away from us l yell out "coach call a @king time out". Man I never felt so many eyes on me. My boss starts sliding away from me.

Damn wine and cheese crowd!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still think end game has acc in msg and be/c7 in brooklyn and espn just pumping the crap out of the subway

Reaction Score
The question is will the B1G get a basketball tourney to NYC first…

Reaction Score
ACC tournament was great when it was for the auto bid when the NCAA was 24 teams. Not quiet. Now, played in Greensboro or wherever, it certain is a snoozer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty much every tournament where the league sends multiple at-large teams to the tourney is pointless.

The Big East was great because the venue and stage inspired the level of play. Going forward the new NNBE and c7 tourneys are going to be as boring as the Pac 12 or SEC.

Just moving the ACC or Big 10 to MSG isn't going to magically improve them, but for a year or two would be something to make them more interesting.

I'd say with the death of the BET, the best conference tournament might now be Arch Madness in the MVC. Of course losing Creighton would hurt them badly.

Reaction Score
the over under on the number of empty seats for a miami/ wake forest game will be 12,000.......any takers?

Reaction Score
the over under on the number of empty seats for a miami/ wake forest game will be 12,000.......any takers?

The BE Tourney has games like that too...I still only see the ACC hooking up with MSG for no more than 50% of the tournaments in NYC.

MSG will be rocking anytime Cuse, Duke, UNC, NC St, Pitt, Louisville, Notre Dame are involved.

I could see MSG working midterm deals with 2-3 conferences over the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
The BE Tourney has games like that too...I still only see the ACC hooking up with MSG for no more than 50% of the tournaments in NYC.

MSG will be rocking anytime Cuse, Duke, UNC, NC St, Pitt, Louisville, Notre Dame are involved.

I could see MSG working midterm deals with 2-3 conferences over the next 10 years.

In the meantime enjoy Greensboro, Mark. Of course we'll probably end up there with you at some point.

Reaction Score
In the meantime enjoy Greensboro, Mark. Of course we'll probably end up there with you at some point.
The only upsides: BBQ is good and a chance to get in a couple rounds of golf. And...yes a vg chance you'll be in the ACC within 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
The only upsides: BBQ is good and a chance to get in a couple rounds of golf. And...yes a vg chance you'll be in the ACC within 3-4 years.

And that's exciting to everyone between the ages of 45 and 70.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I will really miss the Big East Tournament, especially in 2 years when UConn has a NewConference semifinal matchup against a Tulane team with an RPI in the 120's

Reaction Score
I will really miss the Big East Tournament, especially in 2 years when UConn has a NewConference semifinal matchup against a Tulane team with an RPI in the 120's

Yeah, held at the Hudson Valley Civic center in Poughkeepsie.NY

Reaction Score
Frankly the Big East tournament is the primary reason that I am upset about the conference realignment. I spent many early march afternoons and evenings at the Garden growing up in the 90s and it was awesome. There is nothing that can be done that will be able to recreate that environment. I'm just glad I ponied up the cash and saw the Kemba run back in 2011.

Reaction Score
i still think end game has acc in msg and be/c7 in brooklyn and espn just pumping the crap out of the subway

Agree...

Or ACC has a two-year rotation of NYC and a southern location while the C7/BE has a two year rotation of the United Center and Brooklyn/MSG. That C7 league figures to have a huge midwestern group with frankly more fans out there and DePaul will be playing its home games at the United Center soon enough. A NYC/Chicago rotation makes too much sense and MSG could still get a tourney every year

Reaction Score
I know getting a B1G invite is the best option for UConn at this point but I sort of selfishly want to be in the ACC for a few years because I feel as though that is the only way that I'll get to see UConn play in a postseason tourney at MSG, which is the best part of being a UConn fan aside from winning NCAA titles.

Reaction Score
I think the Carolina schools like the tournament right where it is thank you very much. I guess they could stomach the tournament in Atlanta or Tampa. Have to imagine DC is a non starter without Maryland. NYC would just help out the Yankee schools and why would they want to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom