ACC Pre Season Picks ND 1st Duke 4th | The Boneyard

ACC Pre Season Picks ND 1st Duke 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard to disagree about Turner. She just has that special something. The natural ability to make lightning quick moves in catching the ball and doing something with it. Her systems just seem to function faster than most. To my eyes, Mo Jeff is the only person whose synapse speed compares.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Such a great WCBB league. Best in WCBB. ND, FSU, L'ville, Duke, Miami, Syracuse, UNC etc etc. Would love to be part of that...

Congrats to Turner - I agree she has that something special. Her 2nd half performance against UCONN was something to see. Looks like it's going to be UCONN, ND and SC as the 3 best teams. I wonder who will establish themselves as the 4th best and most likely to make the FF this season? It will be here before you know it!!

Reaction Score
Such a great WCBB league. Best in WCBB. ND, FSU, L'ville, Duke, Miami, Syracuse, UNC etc etc. Would love to be part of that...

Congrats to Turner - I agree she has that something special. Her 2nd half performance against UCONN was something to see. Looks like it's going to be UCONN, ND and SC as the 3 best teams. I wonder who will establish themselves as the 4th best and most likely to make the FF this season? It will be here before you know it!!
Baylor or Tennessee (if Diamond Deshields health issues are resolved). I like FSU alot as well.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Look out for Duke.. that's all I'm saying. In my honest opinion, I think they will be VERY good this year.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Would be great if UConn joined! We thought the old Big East was great (and it was), but can you imagine how good the ACC would be in WBB if UConn joined the party? Talk about dominating the FF, the finals, and of course the NC's. I think UConn has one more year where they are prohibitive favorites, but after this season, the top becomes more competitive.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Look out for Duke.. that's all I'm saying. In my honest opinion, I think they will be VERY good this year.

Depends on the frosh guards, but I could easily see them being very good. Right now, in the dark, I'd probably put them ahead of Louisville for 3rd in the conference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke will finish ahead of Louisville. I almost could see Syracuse finishing ahead of Louisville depending on the health of Sykes.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Duke will finish ahead of Louisville. I almost could see Syracuse finishing ahead of Louisville depending on the health of Sykes.

Home court advantages will probably determine how the top 5 or 6 finish since there is no home & home.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Home court advantages will probably determine how the top 5 or 6 finish since there is no home & home.

Well that wont help Syracuse...... not much homecourt advantage playing in front of 43 fans in the Carrier Dome :oops:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Well then Notre Dame is in trouble, as they face Florida State, Duke and Louisville on the road this season. Of course the two ACC teams they play twice are both weak: BC and GTech. Duke gets double shots at the now toothless UNC and the never toothed Wake Forest, so that's not much more difficult. Florida State gets Miami twice and then the gumless Clemson team, while the young Louisville squad gets Pitt and Virginia twice.

Summary of where the top 4 teams meet each other:

Duke: only 1 road game (@Louisville)
Florida State: @Duke, @Louisville
Louisville: all 3 games at home!
Notre Dame: all 3 games are on the road

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Would be great if UConn joined! We thought the old Big East was great (and it was), but can you imagine how good the ACC would be in WBB if UConn joined the party? Talk about dominating the FF, the finals, and of course the NC's. I think UConn has one more year where they are prohibitive favorites, but after this season, the top becomes more competitive.
I totally agree. Losing Moriah and Stewie will probably cause UCONN to not be the preseason #1 next year. I would think ND or SC will have that honor. I still think UCONN makes the final 4, but a lot depends on how good Butler is and how much the rest of the team improves. We won't have a Turner or Wilson-like superstar.

Don't get me wrong - I think Collier, Nurse, and Samuelson are amazing. But... Turner and Wilson are like Maya Moore or Stewie or Dee for their teams. I'm not sure any of our players are good enough to be transcendent... Losing Stewie is the easy player to point to, but if not for her, I would think Moriah might be the best player in her class...

Reaction Score
I think UConn has one more year where they are prohibitive favorites, but after this season, the top becomes more competitive.

Eh.....sorry but I think you got a few more years of looking at UConn's rear end. Tuck might be staying for another year but even if she doesn't UConn will have the top guard in the country in Kia Nurse and I'll go with Geno's assessment of KLS, Collier and Boykin as being Stewie, Moriah and Tuck like.....

“They’re unlike a lot of freshmen coming out of high school. They’ve all played in enough big games and enough big arenas — state championship games, USA Basketball — they know. It’s UConn basketball and this is what they’ve been dreaming about all their lives. It’s the same as when Moriah, Stewie, and Tuck came in

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Losing Stewie is the easy player to point to, but if not for her, I would think Moriah might be the best player in her class...

You must be nuts Eric. We just saw that College Sports Madness doesn't even consider her a first Team AA. Hmmm. I guess I am just realizing the significance of that Site's name.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well then Notre Dame is in trouble, as they face Florida State, Duke and Louisville on the road this season. Of course the two ACC teams they play twice are both weak: BC and GTech. Duke gets double shots at the now toothless UNC and the never toothed Wake Forest, so that's not much more difficult. Florida State gets Miami twice and then the gumless Clemson team, while the young Louisville squad gets Pitt and Virginia twice.

Summary of where the top 4 teams meet each other:

Duke: only 1 road game (@Louisville)
Florida State: @Duke, @Louisville
Louisville: all 3 games at home!
Notre Dame: all 3 games are on the road

I wouldnt call UNC toothless...... but instead of having a full set of teeth.... they just have 2 or 3 :p They still can attempt to bite.. i just wont hurt or do any damage. Wake Forest has played Duke tough in the past..... I just love the fact that a game is at Wake. Just a half hour drive to the arena.... an last year parking was free... my ticket cost $1..... and they have a good arena with very comfortable cushioned seats with PLENTY of leg room (unlike Cameron Indoor) :cool:

Reaction Score
I totally agree. Losing Moriah and Stewie will probably cause UCONN to not be the preseason #1 next year. I would think ND or SC will have that honor. I still think UCONN makes the final 4, but a lot depends on how good Butler is and how much the rest of the team improves. We won't have a Turner or Wilson-like superstar.

Don't get me wrong - I think Collier, Nurse, and Samuelson are amazing. But... Turner and Wilson are like Maya Moore or Stewie or Dee for their teams. I'm not sure any of our players are good enough to be transcendent... Losing Stewie is the easy player to point to, but if not for her, I would think Moriah might be the best player in her class...

Really good post. UConn still may get the #1 ranking but it depends on Lauren Cox decision and whether Tuck returns. But a lineup of Dangerfield, Nurse, Collier, Samuelson and Butler will be hard to beat. Not very impress with Boykin. I've seen her play alot (being from Prince Georges County) and she has some skills but she can be taken out of a game (like Eleanor Roosevelt did when she only score 6 points in a playoff game)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well that wont help Syracuse. not much homecourt advantage playing in front of 43 fans in the Carrier Dome :oops:
Looks like more than 43 to me. :D

10898212884_9f0055ac8b_b.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm, still boosting Pittsburgh because I think coaching makes a big difference, and she's a good one. Plus, she's slowly upgrading the quality of recruits each year. I pick them for fifth in the ACC, behind ND, FSU, Duke, and Louisville, and ahead of Syracuse.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Don't sell KLS short. She may not be at the DT, Maya, Stewart level, but I think she can be (may be) at the Bird, Charles, Lobo level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou and Napheesa are younger than Turner and Wilson, but they could be as good at a comparable age. And we have BOTH of them.

In terms of where UConn's fortunes go, I'm optimistic. We lose phenomenal players in Moriah and Stewie, but we have Morgan for 1 more year, Kia and Gabby for 2 more, and Lou and Napheesa for 3 more, plus others. And Crystal is really, really good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm, still boosting Pittsburgh because I think coaching makes a big difference, and she's a good one. Plus, she's slowly upgrading the quality of recruits each year. I pick them for fifth in the ACC, behind ND, FSU, Duke, and Louisville, and ahead of Syracuse.

I cant see it..... but I wish them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom