Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Indiana Jones

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score
The ACC is different and perplexing...there are more private universities in the ACC than the other 4 P5 conferences combined.

Sometimes these guys feel more comfortable around others of their ilk...it is a different club.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I am enjoying Rutgers in the Big10 very much so. Without them, we might not have gotten Jabrill Peppers and the slew of Jersey kids we are getting this year, hopefully including the #1 player Rashan Gary.

Having Rutgers in the Big10 and being, well Rutgers has allowed Michigan to gain inroads into the talent rich state. They screwed up when they didn't hire Jersey native Chris Partridge as a coach allowing Michigan to scoop him up. He has been a boon for us and Jersey recruiting. Nice never having to worry about the home town team in a talent rich state.

Reaction Score
And with BCU the ACC fans get a nice weekend in Boston and a guaranteed win almost other than Wake.

I am enjoying Rutgers in the Big10 very much so. Without them, we might not have gotten Jabrill Peppers and the slew of Jersey kids we are getting this year, hopefully including the #1 player Rashan Gary.

Having Rutgers in the Big10 and being, well Rutgers has allowed Michigan to gain inroads into the talent rich state. They screwed up when they didn't hire Jersey native Chris Partridge as a coach allowing Michigan to scoop him up. He has been a boon for us and Jersey recruiting. Nice never having to worry about the home town team in a talent rich state.

Reaction Score
You gotta wonder if even the TV money Rutgers is going to get eventually will put them in the black.

When you are drawing < 1000 people per night in hoops and around 30K per game in football you're certainly not making any money at the gate.

Combine that with the fact that they don't win at all so have NCAA money coming in anytime soon and I can't imagine how they can stay in the black.

Just last year alone it was reported RU's Athletic Department lost $36 Million in their final year in the Big East/American in 2013-14: http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...s-loses-more-than-36-million-last-fiscal-year

I mean this is really bad.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers has done everything it was expected to namely allowing 1st access to the B1G at a premium in the NYC DMA, plus South Jersey.

Did the B1G get a little more than it expected from the smoldering dumpster fire that is Rutgers? Yep, but I doubt they are crying on their way to the bank.

Reaction Score
Rutgers has done everything it was expected to namely allowing 1st access to the B1G at a premium in the NYC DMA, plus South Jersey.

Did the B1G get a little more than it expected from the smoldering dumpster fire that is Rutgers? Yep, but I doubt they are crying on their way to the bank.

I agree no regrets from Delaney for adding Cable Box U, but you gotta wonder if the school can sustain B1G athletics at the rate they are going.

Reaction Score
Where is Jeff Jacobs? Winter vacation? I thought he was on a mission.

There is one thing I'm sure of. No matter how much a current recruiting gap may be, which I doubt is much, other than our offensive line, I bet that UCONN, would put teams on the field and courts that competed like maniacs and won more conference games on effort alone, in either of those leagues.

We would actually bring ticket buyers and television viewers to competitions too.

We're a funny little blue state, but we're OCD about UCONN winning.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would imagine profs in J-school would not approve of this writing tactic (who is "everyone"?), but it's not inaccurate either:
Sadly, but not amazingly, when the incident was revealed, all that anyone had to say was, “It’s Rutgers” and everyone understood.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Where is Jeff Jacobs? Winter vacation? I thought he was on a mission.

There is one thing I'm sure of. No matter how much a current recruiting gap may be, which I doubt is much, other than our offensive line, I bet that UCONN, would put teams on the field and courts that competed like maniacs and won more conference games on effort alone, in either of those leagues.

We would actually bring ticket buyers and television viewers to competitions too.

We're a funny little blue state, but we're OCD about UCONN winning.
I'm OCD about not all-capping UConn.

Reaction Score
You gotta wonder if even the TV money Rutgers is going to get eventually will put them in the black.

When you are drawing < 1000 people per night in hoops and around 30K per game in football you're certainly not making any money at the gate.

Combine that with the fact that they don't win at all so have NCAA money coming in anytime soon and I can't imagine how they can stay in the black.

Just last year alone it was reported RU's Athletic Department lost $36 Million in their final year in the Big East/American in 2013-14: http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...s-loses-more-than-36-million-last-fiscal-year

I mean this is really bad.

lets put it this way, Rutgers football will be making more than florida state football in the very near future, things arent great right now, but as we get more income our athletics will get better. before anyone says how has that worked for purdue, sure money doesnt promise much but given the area and access to many top recruits, once ru has enough money to invest into elite coaches and facilties, our ceiling is higher.

so yea, i get all the sticks and stones ru gets, lots of anger and jealousy about the big invite, but in 5-10 years well fit in just fine. we have decades to make up on michigan and psu etc, but this at least gives ru the potential of it happening. hope uconn joins one day also, id love to have more local games.

Reaction Score
lets put it this way, Rutgers football will be making more than florida state football in the very near future,

Where is @businesslawyer? Think we may have a new front runner for dumbest Boneyard comment ever and I really never thought we could top last night's Blauds thread.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

This is precisely the point. The B1G gained access to NYC via Cable Box U and the heavyweights like Michigan, OSU, MSU, PSU, etc can now recruit NJ/eastern PA/NY without much, if any, resistance from the area's lightweight. It was really a win/win addition for the B1G. Cable boxes + horrendous athletic program = money + easy recruiting territory.

Reaction Score
The recruiting thing doesn't even apply to UNJ.

The big10 was already recruiting there with ease. You can make that argument about how the AAC was constructed - recruiting, and it would fit, because that is what actually happened, but the University of New Jersey to the big 10 was about one thing, and one only.

NYC.

Television sets and home games for big10 alumni of the midwest schools living in the 6 boroughs.

The big10 willhave a problem when their alumni decidd tgat they would rather travel and watch Michigan, OSU, etc. rather than attend a UNJ event.

Reaction Score
lets put it this way, Rutgers football will be making more than florida state football in the very near future, things arent great right now, but as we get more income our athletics will get better. before anyone says how has that worked for purdue, sure money doesnt promise much but given the area and access to many top recruits, once ru has enough money to invest into elite coaches and facilties, our ceiling is higher.

so yea, i get all the sticks and stones ru gets, lots of anger and jealousy about the big invite, but in 5-10 years well fit in just fine. we have decades to make up on michigan and psu etc, but this at least gives ru the potential of it happening. hope uconn joins one day also, id love to have more local games.
I thought Rutgers was the birthplace of football. Just sayin'. :cool:

Reaction Score

Hey - remember when UNJ needed one win to get to a BCS bowl and they came to UCONN? We scored 40, and that was in the middle of tge Pasqualoni clusterf--k years and in conference hell.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score

RutgersAl - that you?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I hate Rutgers but I can admit we'd say the same things too if we were B1G, and... I enjoyed beating you. Let's do it again soon.

Reaction Score
I simply don't get the choices. They are strategic blunders of epic purportiona.

Swofford is a Fool. He thought BC from the Flutie & SU\Pitt Brand carries you going forward. They guarantee nothing. RUTGERS is the complete Mess we always knew. They won't change.

Addition should be the CAPACITY to build a Brand Bigtime competitive Program for the Longterm. For the eyebaalls. Only Jurich has impressed me.

UConn - MBB & WBB & Soccer & Baseball & Ice Hockey - are major builds. I think you should see FB with Edsall & Diaco as something we can do.

Day looper - could care less about you grabbing NJ kids & that should be - .009% consideration in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom