ACC:... “The 4 teams they have added since 2013 are hurting more than helping.” | The Boneyard

ACC:... “The 4 teams they have added since 2013 are hurting more than helping.”

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
I keep seeing this screenshot in the replies anytime someone discusses the ACC, and I want someone to tell me I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure it's BS. I quadruple checked and I'm 99.9% sure it's a lie and/or factually incorrect...

ACC_Screenshot.jpeg

When I first saw it I was skeptical, tried searching for the original article and couldn't find anything, which made me even more suspicious.

The time frame being discussed is the NCAA Tournaments from 2019-2023 (skipping 2020 Covid year, no Tourny)
The ACC is supposed to have 47 Wins and a .681 Win % (computes to 22 losses) according to the screenshot. Unless I'm crazy, the ACC only won 40 games during that period and has 23 losses, which comes out to .635 Win %. Every other Conference Win Total and % is correct according to what I checked.

I have to assume the reason I can't find the article anywhere is because it was taken down once they realized it was factually incorrect and didn't support the narrative. Funny enough, the ACC still has the highest Win % of those 6 conferences even with the correct numbers, but does not have the highest win total - which is to say the ACC has still had strong tournament success and that point could have been made without fudging the numbers.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of seeing the ACC dorks insta-post that screenshot on every thread, so someone feel free to call them on it if the numbers really are inaccurate

Reaction Score
Well.... when you add freakin Canadian schools. This is hoops, not hockey.

pj

Reaction Score
The ACC is the Typhoid Mary of conferences. Schools that touch them turn putrid.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing this screenshot in the replies anytime someone discusses the ACC, and I want someone to tell me I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure it's BS. I quadruple checked and I'm 99.9% sure it's a lie and/or factually incorrect...

View attachment 96783

When I first saw it I was skeptical, tried searching for the original article and couldn't find anything, which made me even more suspicious.

The time frame being discussed is the NCAA Tournaments from 2019-2023 (skipping 2020 Covid year, no Tourny)
The ACC is supposed to have 47 Wins and a .681 Win % (computes to 22 losses) according to the screenshot. Unless I'm crazy, the ACC only won 40 games during that period and has 23 losses, which comes out to .635 Win %. Every other Conference Win Total and % is correct according to what I checked.

I have to assume the reason I can't find the article anywhere is because it was taken down once they realized it was factually incorrect and didn't support the narrative. Funny enough, the ACC still has the highest Win % of those 6 conferences even with the correct numbers, but does not have the highest win total - which is to say the ACC has still had strong tournament success and that point could have been made without fudging the numbers.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of seeing the ACC dorks insta-post that screenshot on every thread, so someone feel free to call them on it if the numbers really are inaccurate
If it's true it is because of, and only because of, puke and unc. 2 bluebloods who make the tourney every year. Meanwhile the rest of the conference sucks.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If it's true it is because of, and only because of, puke and unc. 2 bluebloods who make the tourney every year. Meanwhile the rest of the conference sucks.
I’ll throw in Miami who’s been to two Final Fours recently too and that’s really it.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Mostly true, but Virginia did win a title in there

Reaction Score
Oh come on. What would the NBE be without Villanova and UConn?
What? Read the post I was replying to and you might understand my response. The post claims that the ACC receives fewer bids but wins more games. Whether that is true, who knows. Either way, UNC and Duke carry that conference because they make the tourney every year and win a few games. It doesn't mean the ACC deserves more bids because it probably doesn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom