Aaron Torres tweet | The Boneyard

Aaron Torres tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Did anyone else see this? what he's saying is he was told players will leave when KO is kept, its already been discussed that he will have another year to redeem himself and players will leave. Nothing I'm worried about as long as CV, Josh and Jalen are back. Along with Sid and rique.

Reaction Score

Did anyone else see this? what he's saying is he was told players will leave when KO is kept, its already been discussed that he will have another year to redeem himself and players will leave. Nothing I'm worried about as long as CV, Josh and Jalen are back. Along with Sid and rique.

Who is Aaron Torres? Does he have any inside info, or is he a guesser.

Reaction Score
Honestly not surprised. Stinks this may happen for the second year in a row. Assuming that KO is canned, the new coach's first job may be re-recruiting some current players.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

If that's the case then it is another nail in Ollie's coffin.

Reaction Score
From what I recall, Aaron Torres is an Alum who wrote a book regarding UConn basketball a few years ago. My guess is he believes his sources to be credible.
Yes he is an alumni.

Reaction Score
I have Torres book, he used to post here I think. He's a solid source and was just on WFAN last week discussing the cbb scandal. Any time a coach leaves, there are many players who may follow. Honestly, that's fine. Every coach wants to bring in their guys. That's how I would want it, too. Again, if that means we suck for a year or two WHILE DEVELOPING then that is fine. JC took over with a bare cupboard, went 9-19, and then started bringing his guys in. I'm hoping whoever we hire follows that same pattern.

Reaction Score
I have Torres book, he used to post here I think. He's a solid source and was just on WFAN last week discussing the cbb scandal. Any time a coach leaves, there are many players who may follow. Honestly, that's fine. Every coach wants to bring in their guys. That's how I would want it, too. Again, if that means we suck for a year or two WHILE DEVELOPING then that is fine. JC took over with a bare cupboard, went 9-19, and then started bringing his guys in. I'm hoping whoever we hire follows that same pattern.

The larger point is that, if true, everyone's gone even if Ollie stays.

Reaction Score
I know that some will disagree with me, but in my 38 years as a UConn fan including my time at UConn in the 80's, these last 2 seasons have been the darkest I can recall. I like many of the current players, but if there is a mass exodus I will understand it.

I hope that we can retain Carlton, Whaley and Williams and at least a couple of the incoming recruits. I suspect that Adams may leave as he is too good for some team to not take a chance on him in the second round.

These are interesting days to say the least.

Reaction Score

Hmm, I guess I misread that. I read it that when/if the staff is replaced, many of our players will follow. If it's the other way around, then that speaks to a near mutiny against the coach. Absolutely amazing how craptastic KO has made this program and how quickly he took us from the top to an absolute garbage fire.

Reaction Score

How do you interpret that tweet to mean KO is getting another year? It basically says the opposite.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

This isn't exactly "news" though.

Gone:
Anderson
Larrier
Noyes
Onurah
Foxen

Even before any rumors, we're turning over 5. I don't think it's a stretch to say that we'll see at least one departure from the rest, for varying reasons.

Whenever you're turning over 5-6 minimum, everyone becomes in play, as they survey what's left, and make decisions.

Reaction Score
This isn't exactly "news" though.

Gone:
Anderson
Larrier
Noyes
Onurah
Foxen

Even before any rumors, we're turning over 5. I don't think it's a stretch to say that we'll see at least one departure from the rest, for varying reasons.

Whenever you're turning over 5-6 minimum, everyone becomes in play, as they survey what's left, and make decisions.

You have counted 2 walk ons in the 5. Isn't that a tad disingenuous?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hmm, I guess I misread that. I read it that when/if the staff is replaced, many of our players will follow. If it's the other way around, then that speaks to a near mutiny against the coach. Absolutely amazing how craptastic KO has made this program and how quickly he took us from the top to an absolute garbage fire.

I have hope that we can bounce back just as quickly. We just need the right pieces and a little bit of time. UConn basketball will be back to competing .

Reaction Score
It's either 5 leaving out of 16 or 3 out of 13. Not really.

Of your five, two of them are graduate transfers who have now exhausted their eligibility and two more are Walk-Ons. The only slightly unusual one that is leaving at this point is Larrier.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Of your five, two of them are graduate transfers who have now exhausted their eligibility and two more are Walk-Ons. The only slightly unusual one that is leaving at this point is Larrier.

It's still fairly massive roster turnover. My point is that everyone is likely to reevaluate anyway, because of this. The fact it's due to known GS SR's illustrates that this isn't "news" even more, IMHO.

Reaction Score
My interpretation is 4-5 non graduating players are out of here... Either way. There are rumors to support that milling around.

Reaction Score
My interpretation is 4-5 non graduating players are out of here... Either way. There are rumors to support that milling around.

Whaley, Carlton, Alterique, Polley are leaving?

Really?

Where would they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member