Aaliyah next level | The Boneyard

Aaliyah next level

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I do wonder...a bit. Aaliyah is not a leaper....incredibly strong and with a variety of quick post-moves.
Medium range shot has improved and she exhibits a nice 2 or 3 bounce handle to the basket when it
is there. Foul shooting percentage? Seems at least solid. Height...maybe a legit 6'2"?

First round draft pick...delightfully not till April 2024.
I see her WNBA 'floor' as a very good inside player. Her WNBA 'ceiling'? Due to height and her not being
a skywalker I'm not sure she will be a future[regular] all-star at that level....hope she continues to grow
her game....maybe that would get her to that level.

Reaction Score
The scariest part (for other teams) is that she can still get better! I’m proud of her and I can’t wait to see the wonderful things life has in store for her!

Reaction Score
If she was leaving this year I think she would be the number 2 pick overall in the draft. She has a lot to learn as a player but you can't teach her size and her quickness. She has great instincts and can defend a lot of different types of players.

Reaction Score
I do wonder...a bit. Aaliyah is not a leaper....incredibly strong and with a variety of quick post-moves.
Medium range shot has improved and she exhibits a nice 2 or 3 bounce handle to the basket when it
is there. Foul shooting percentage? Seems at least solid. Height...maybe a legit 6'2"?

I see her WNBA 'floor' as a very good inside player. Her WNBA 'ceiling'? Due to height and her not being
a skywalker I'm not sure she will be a future[regular] all-star at that level....hope she continues to grow
6' 3.197", and not 21 years old until July. When all
she's doing is being a basketball player her strength and quickness should really improve. She's really just a big kid at this point. I've always looked at her as a somewhat taller version of the Piscataway Pearl, Asjha Jones. Asjha was a very good WNBA performer,so remains to be seen. Oh, and 77% foul shooting is decent; she leads the team in ftm.

Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance -- What does MVLi mean?

Took me a bit, after some google searches that brought up references to a train station in India and Motor Vehicle insurance, I have concluded it is because of her nickname "Li", short for Aaliyah, Hence she is the Most Valuable "Li".

Reaction Score
could you imagine our front court if Amari was able to reach her full potential? You can see it in certain moments when she’s in. I just hope she takes some pride in her skill and works on it through the off season, to be able to dominate and be a factor next season!

Reaction Score
could you imagine our front court if Amari was able to reach her full potential? You can see it in certain moments when she’s in. I just hope she takes some pride in her skill and works on it through the off season, to be able to dominate and be a factor next season!
Based on Geno's remarks, Amari needs to increase her self-confidence and learn to assert herself on the court and work hard in the off-season. If she does all that, and it probably won't be easy, she could be next year's Big East most improved player.

Reaction Score

Excellent post! It seems to me, it would be interesting to compare her skills and physical ability with those of Tina Charles. For example, how does her leaping ability, interior and outside shooting ability, strength, etc. compare with Tina. I haven't done the analysis and would be interested in what you and other people have to say about their relative strengths and weaknesses, if any.

Reaction Score
6' 3.197", and not 21 years old until July. When all
she's doing is being a basketball player her strength and quickness should really improve. She's really just a big kid at this point. I've always looked at her as a somewhat taller version of the Piscataway Pearl, Asjha Jones. Asjha was a very good WNBA performer,so remains to be seen. Oh, and 77% foul shooting is decent; she leads the team in ftm.
NICE correction on the height! 6'3"+ not the 6'2" in the earlier post.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Steel yourself for Aaliyah, Ice, Jana and even Ayanna playing before Amari. When she committed I thought she needs better conditioning and strength training but seems to have a nice set of basketball skills. What went wrong ?! :(:oops::confused::eek:

Reaction Score
If she was leaving this year I think she would be the number 2 pick overall in the draft. She has a lot to learn as a player but you can't teach her size and her quickness. She has great instincts and can defend a lot of different types of players.
"Alot to learn?" One of the best defenders and rebounders in college women's basketball. Solid mid range game, above average foul shooter, one of quickest bigs in country when driving to basket, gives best performance in the toughest games against the best talent in US. Please tell me all these things she needs to learn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She goes by Liya. I think Li is a shortened version of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom