Aaliyah Edwards - Katrina McClain finalist (merged) | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards - Katrina McClain finalist (merged)

Reaction Score
It would be hard to pass up Angel Reese with the year she had with LSU. But like many have said I think every on this list is worthy of recognition.

Reaction Score
Wow, three of the five finalists for the national power forward of the year are from the Big East.
Just what I was thiking about the list, though I think it's a battle between Siegrist & Brink

Reaction Score
Siegrist is just behind Clark for POY in my view. I would be very surprised if she doesn't win McClain.

Reaction Score
When did Maddy Siegrist become a power forward? I know Villanova has a smaller team but most would consider her the shooting guard or small forward.

Reaction Score
When did Maddy Siegrist become a power forward? I know Villanova has a smaller team but most would consider her the shooting guard or small forward.
Interesting question. Wonder if she's been in the running for the Cheryl Miller award in previous seasons.

Reaction Score
She's averaging over 9 rebounds a game for her whole career. That says power forward to me rather than shooting guard. She shoots a reasonable number of threes put not what a shooting guard or wing should. She's the same size as the trio of power forwards Connecticut had in 2001-2002.

Reaction Score
I'd be interested to know how Angel Reese, who made the McClain list, got left off the final 15 candidates for the Wooden Award when she's fifth in the country in scoring and second in rebounding, playing for a Power 5 conference on a team that still has a shot at a 1 seed. I certainly don't think she's the best player in the country but certainly in the top 15.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'd be interested to know how Angel Reese, who made the McClain list, got left off the final 15 candidates for the Wooden Award when she's fifth in the country in scoring and second in rebounding, playing for a Power 5 conference on a team that still has a shot at a 1 seed. I certainly don't think she's the best player in the country but certainly in the top 15.
There were comments online regarding the requirement of a 2.0 GPA, however since I have no idea if this why she did not make the Wooden list.

Reaction Score
There were comments online regarding the requirement of a 2.0 GPA, however since I have no idea if this why she did not make the Wooden list.
Angel Reese was a scholar athlete (above 3.0) in the Fall semester and was on the Wooden midseason watch list. That would a catastrophic fall if she went below 2.0. I think there has to be another reason.

LSU scholar athletes Fall 2022

Reaction Score
How bizarre. That's not the same Angel Reese. There's one playing for the LSU Shreveport Pilots. But the Tigers' Angel Reese was on the Wooden list as of February 1st.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
ESPN updated the story -
However, LSU confirmed to ESPN on Saturday that Reese is not eligible for the final 15, as she does not meet all the criteria for the Wooden Award.

That criteria is listed as follows: Candidates must be full-time students making progress toward graduation and have a cumulative 2.00 grade-point average since enrolling in their school. They also must exhibit strength of character, both on and off the court; should contribute to team effort, excel in both offense and defense and should be considered on their performance over the course of the entire season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom