Aaliyah Edwards can't be stopped | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards can't be stopped

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

“She's really locked in. We practiced the day before yesterday and I hadn't seen her that locked in in a long time,” Geno Auriemma said about Edwards after the win over Creighton last week. “I think mentally, she's in a different place.”

Doug Bruno's view on the Huskies:
"They are a good UConn team and UConn team that is going to be different than most UConn teams in the NCAA Tournament because they're going to be a sneaky underdog for some people,” he said. “That's not the role they usually play. I think there's going to be some number one seeds that are going to really, really, really hope they don't see them in their bracket.”
“The dirty little secret about UConn is they’re a very, very good defensive team,” Bruno added. “They always have been. They don't get recognized for it because they're known for pretty offense, but they're a good defensive team. It's hard to get looks — once you get looks you gotta make shots. So there's just a lot that goes into playing a team like this.”

Reaction Score
She was just as important last season. The one big game the officials took her out of was the Ohio State game and this team without her or Paige would be a totally different. With another year of maturity I think she will adjust to the flopping of the defense and stay in the game. Right now she would be right after CC on the draft board and with just a tiny bit of help from another person of size could lead UConn to the Final Four.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Watching Bruno at the post game presser, although it wasn't obvious, he did seem a little miffed that the final MOV was approaching 40 points. I don't know if he was pissed at his team, or even that his good friend Geno would let it get so out of hand. "Love is never having to say you're sorry".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom