Aaliyah - Behind The Mask | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah - Behind The Mask

Reaction Score
Yes. I actually think the sport should talk about some additional equipment like masks and even innovative technologies to prevent concussions, ACLs, and ankle issues.
I don't think there is any real protection against an ACL other than a thick unwieldy brace. If there was one, the inventor would be having coffee with Warren Buffet. My daughter, who played basketball and lacrosse in college, has had 3 of them, two in college and once in a post graduate league. I took her to anti - ACL training camp when she was in grammar school and beyond. It didn't help. Twice another player fell on her and once it was a recurrent tear due to a non-contact pivot type of injury. It's the bane of female athletes.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is Aaliyah has attained her comfort zone and now is AA bound. Sometimes it only takes a small blip to turn a player into an all-star or into an unsure player that affects their playing ability. Aaliyah has arrived and will only get better in every facet of her game. THE SKIES THE LIMIT FOR HER AND THE HUSKIES!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
I don't think it was a small blip. To me it was more like a gigantic explosion. Whoever worked with her over the summer did an incredible job. It's like an alien takeover. Never seen something like it. before.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The bottom line is Aaliyah has attained her comfort zone and now is AA bound. Sometimes it only takes a small blip to turn a player into an all-star or into an unsure player that affects their playing ability. Aaliyah has arrived and will only get better in every facet of her game. THE SKIES THE LIMIT FOR HER AND THE HUSKIES!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
The BEST thing about Aaliyah her play this year is.................she'll be back next year as a mature 21 year old senior, probably playing better than this year. That's a very scary and sobering thought for UConn opponents. :eek:

Reaction Score
The BEST thing about Aaliyah her play this year is.................she'll be back next year as a mature 21 year old senior, probably playing better than this year. That's a very scary and sobering thought for UConn opponents. :eek:
No i don't want to think about her as a senior, that means it's her last year!!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why she wears a sleeve on one arm and why Lou wears that patch or bandage on one arm?

Reaction Score
You may see the “ mask” as mandatory at some point.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is any real protection against an ACL other than a thick unwieldy brace. If there was one, the inventor would be having coffee with Warren Buffet. My daughter, who played basketball and lacrosse in college, has had 3 of them, two in college and once in a post graduate league. I took her to anti - ACL training camp when she was in grammar school and beyond. It didn't help. Twice another player fell on her and once it was a recurrent tear due to a non-contact pivot type of injury. It's the bane of female athletes.
I think that's where you need investment. If you put the resources towards something, it can be developed. Right now it appears the sport is happier to pay the medical bills than to put some money into research to develop new products. It's a shame.

Reaction Score
I think that's where you need investment. If you put the resources towards something, it can be developed. Right now it appears the sport is happier to pay the medical bills than to put some money into research to develop new products. It's a shame.
There are a lot of theories about the disproportionate occurrence in men versus women and some of the research is equivocal. Wider hips for childbirth in women, an overdeveloped hamstring muscle, different landing positions from jumping etc. One of the biggest causes of contact ACLs in women is falling by other women. I like the anti-flopping rule in the men's game and think it should be adopted and widened to include any intentional falling anywhere even if not related to a potential charge call.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing Caroline enter the game wearing a lightweight low profile head gear that would absorbed/spread the impact from blows to her head. Whether it's from someone's body or the floor.

It's my understanding that after having a concussion it takes less of an impact to cause the person problems.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was a small blip. To me it was more like a gigantic explosion. Whoever worked with her over the summer did an incredible job. It's like an alien takeover. Never seen something like it. before.
I was using a blip as an analogy, not Aaliyah's transformation into the complete player she now is. Whatever or whoever helped her to be this complete player that she is, do the same thing with Amari and Ayanna. GO HUSKIES!!!!

sun

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why she wears a sleeve on one arm and why Lou wears that patch or bandage on one arm?
The sleeve has an elbow pad for protection and provides some compression, and the patch may cover up a tattoo.

Reaction Score
You have to figure, when she receives a pass in the paint, turns to drive to the basket, the mask has to provide a nice comfort level against getting whacked in the process. One less thing to worry about. :)
That's why I hope Caroline will wear one too upon her return, for protection and psychological support

Reaction Score
Yes. I actually think the sport should talk about some additional equipment like masks and even innovative technologies to prevent concussions, ACLs, and ankle issues.
Basketball of the near future,

Screenshot 2023-01-26 161326 copy.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hope she wears in for the duration of her BB career. It worked for Rip, I'll work for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom