Aaliyah and Paige | The Boneyard

Aaliyah and Paige

Reaction Score
Yes, this puts Aaliyah on the wall:
The ten-player team, alphabetically, consists of: Georgia Amoore (Virginia Tech), Cameron Brink (Stanford), Paige Bueckers (Connecticut), Kamilla Cardoso (South Carolina), Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Aaliyah Edwards (Connecticut), Hannah Hidalgo (Notre Dame), Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech), Angel Reese (LSU), and JuJu Watkins (USC).

John R. Wooden Award Presented By Principal Announces 2023-24 Women's All American Team

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s great to see Aaliyah named as a 1st team AA. But unless I’m mistaken, the criteria to make the HOH wall is to be named 1st team AA on the 10 member WBCA AA team which is released later this week.

Reaction Score
Raegan Beers from Oregon State has impressed me the most in the last couple of weeks since the tournament started. I would have her over Kitley if I'm starting a team.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It’s great to see Aaliyah named as a 1st team AA. But unless I’m mistaken, the criteria to make the HOH wall is to be named 1st team AA on the 10 member WBCA AA team which is released later this week.
Yup

Reaction Score
A lot of valuable Huskies are not on the wall: Peggy Walsh, Laura Lishness, Asjha Jones, Tamika Williams, Kia Nurse (just to name a few)

Reaction Score
I stand corrected (and disappointed.)

Reaction Score
'til last year, top 10 were named semi-finalist, this year seems the same with much recognition to the other 5, so perhaps (I doubt)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m not sure. There used to be 3 major All-American teams: AP (5 players), Women’s Basketball Writers (formerly 10 players, recently only 5), and Women’s Basketball Coaches (10 players). The WBCA list was/is the most inclusive/easiest to make, based on numbers.

The Wooden Award is one of the major POY awards, along with the AP award and Wade Trophy. Is the Wooden All-American List something new?

My understanding is that making the Huskies Wall of Honor requires being 1st Team All-American on a MAJOR All-American list. To me, the Wooden List qualifies. Whether Liya makes 1st Team on the WBCA list, I think she has already met the criterion for the Wall of Honor.

Reaction Score
For all the hard work and dedication Aaliyah brought to Uconn;s games, she definitely deserves the award. IN FACT the whole starting five deserves the award, especially Paige. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
10 with 5 finalists for the award means 2nd teamto me for the "other 5"

I haven’t seen that explicitly from the Wooden organization. The announcement calls them All-Americans. It does not, however, say 1st Team, though that seems to be implied.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom