AAC Week 4 Teleconferenc Coach Bob Diaco | The Boneyard

AAC Week 4 Teleconferenc Coach Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CPcMNJ8WEAEdEql.png

Reaction Score
My lip is zipped. But, currently, I doubt anyone other than Palatine will criticize him for it.

Reaction Score
How in the world does nobody ask him about special teams?
..... because it is extremely obvious ...... so let's not beat a dead horse.
It will get fixed. Real simple.
either: snap, or blocker or hold or low kick. How many blocks did Bobby have last year> Look at film, solve the problem.......

I want to beat and kill "Goats" this week, not eat goat.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The first line is probably a reference to the non-stop chop blocking...
the second? who know, ...

Reaction Score
..... because it is extremely obvious . so let's not beat a dead horse.
It will get fixed. Real simple.
either: snap, or blocker or hold or low kick. How many blocks did Bobby have last year> Look at film, solve the problem..

I want to beat and kill "Goats" this week, not eat goat.
I don't know ... I think there are some legitimate questions.

How can we improve the blocking on FGs and PATs? Is it personnel? Do you add more first stringers?

How do we get called TWICE for punt receiver interference? Did he go over that with them after the first time? Do you practice having the gunners hold up during the week?

Reaction Score
I don't know ... I think there are some legitimate questions.

How can we improve the blocking on FGs and PATs? Is it personnel? Do you add more first stringers?

How do we get called TWICE for punt receiver interference? Did he go over that with them after the first time? Do you practice having the gunners hold up during the week?
Because it is a weekly teleconference call with each Coach in the AAC, time is of the essence.
Will probably address on his weekly Coaches Corner. He will have a full half hour (??) to go over everything going on-if one wanted to call in, might be the better forum where it happens...

Reaction Score
Highlights:

"Defending Navy is extremely taxing on the lower body extremities"
"Defending Navy sends a shock through the central nervous system of the program"

I really wonder sometimes if he's just with everyone.

Now this is a shock to the Central Nervous System!
a
image.jpg

Reaction Score
The first line is probably a reference to the non-stop chop blocking...

New guy here, I am a Navy grad but I have loose ties to UConn, so I like to see the Huskies win when not playing Navy. I just signed up because of the erroneous chop blocking claim quoted above. Navy is #2 behind Air Force as the least penalized team in FBS [http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1061/p1] and in the past 5 years or so, I remember one chop block call in a Navy game...it was on Notre Dame and against Navy. Navy is an accomplished cut blocking team, but rarely, if ever, commits a chop block. Cut blocks are legal and all teams use them, chop blocks are not.

Here is to a great game on Saturday, no injuries and may the best team win.

Reaction Score
New guy here, I am a Navy grad but I have loose ties to UConn, so I like to see the Huskies win when not playing Navy. I just signed up because of the erroneous chop blocking claim quoted above. Navy is #2 behind Air Force as the least penalized team in FBS [http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1061/p1] and in the past 5 years or so, I remember one chop block call in a Navy game...it was on Notre Dame and against Navy. Navy is an accomplished cut blocking team, but rarely, if ever, commits a chop block. Cut blocks are legal and all teams use them, chop blocks are not.

Here is to a great game on Saturday, no injuries and may the best team win.

I have not seen whatever you refer to regarding chop blocking. Whoever wrote it is wrong and in error - need to correct that quick.

Diaco is clear in describing academy football (of which Navy is always and infinitely better than Army) as having a "VIOLENT" blocking scheme on offense. He's been clear in his entire time (against Army last year too) that he does not like defending it, for a number of reasons, but mostly because in his defense, preparing for it involves changing up the normal defensive keys for the players and also because it's rough on the legs of the defenders and he's also clear that there is nothing illegal about it. Cut blocks are different than chop blocks.

Here's to a great game, and although I also am a leaner in this game - in the end it's GO UCONN BEAT NAVY

Reaction Score
Navy is a great cut blocking team. They rarely chop block, I love watching the academy make the most of their talent. They can beat anybody unprepared for their attack. Anybody. Except UConn on Saturday. Our offense is set to explode against the middies. I can't wait.

Reaction Score
What uni's are the Middie's bringing this week? I hope the cool ones.

(I want to see the new UCONN helmets to leave a good mark on that anchor helmet, and those fancy uni's to get rubbed in the Rentschler grass for a nice stain.)

Oh boy, I can't wait for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32