AAC Tournament - you want idiots? We got idiots!! | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament - you want idiots? We got idiots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Upon arrival at the arena, we were advised that neither binoculars nor my wife's nook were permitted in the arena. Apparently, the AAC has decided these items constitute a securinty risk. Which, of course, confirms that the AAC is indeed run by idiots. Warde Manuel - please get Uconn out of this joke of a conference.

Reaction Score
Upon arrival at the arena, we were advised that neither binoculars nor my wife's nook were permitted in the arena. Apparently, the AAC has decided these items constitute a securinty risk. Which, of course, confirms that the AAC is indeed run by idiots. Warde Manuel - please get Uconn out of this joke of a conference.

It's probably a Mohegan decision, but I agree with your request from Warde.

Reaction Score
It's probably a Mohegan decision, but I agree with your request from Warde.
Too late. He was too busy monitoring from the Virgin Islands, while Louisville AD was working the ACC. UConn will be in this conference for a long long time... and he probably will move on.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Mohegan Sun has a huge list of banned items, and I'm thinking you probably should ditch your firearms and beach balls too. Don't see anything listed about binoculars or readers, but I also wouldn't blame this on the AAC. I feel lucky to get into Yankee Stadium with my IPhone. Favorite banned item listing for the Sun is:

• signs (excluding WWE wrestling events)
Bring the sign and tell them you've come to watch women wrestlers. Close enough to the truth.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Mohegan had nothing to do with this decision. It was strictly an AAC decision.
Did they offer any explanation? I know I have been to events that rented binoculars - if they do, I suppose that could explain it, otherwise seems bizarre. And readers? Not permitted, but they allow (I assume) I-Pads and phones??

As to the Mehegan's list, for the most part it seems pretty tame.

Reaction Score
Some additional observations about this "state of the art" arena that the AAC brags about. First, the lighting in the stands is inadequate. When we sit in our assigned seats tomorrow (upper deck), we likely won't be able to read the terrific program the AAC crafted. Second, the seats are uncomfortable. Actually, they are beyond uncomfortable. They belong in a high school gymnasium. Third, the scoreboard is an embarrassment. No players' names, no screen adequate for replays, no statistics. Perfect for your local high school. Fourth, no signs allowed - how, I ask, are we to express our affection for Uconn's stalwart WBB team?

On the other hand, we had a nice (and expensive) dinner and the Mohegan Sun staff were very friendly.

Getting back to the other other hand, it was terrific that UCF did not bring a band and that Houston brought neither band nor cheerleaders. Those schools must suffer from the same disease that bedeviled Villanova in the Big East Tournaments. The final insult. When we got home from the first night festivities, my spouse sought to obtain an AAC Women's bracket by typing "2014 AAC Women's bracket" into Google. The sites that came up were all ACC women's sites. Talk about adding insult to injury!

In spite of all that, we'll be back.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mohegan had nothing to do with this decision. It was strictly an AAC decision.

That is way too far-fetched - if anything, I suspect you had an overzealous security peep.

Tell them that you've carefully read the list of items prohibited by the venue and both binoculars and Nooks are permitted. Failing that, ask to speak to someone higher up the food chain.

And if that doesn't work, tell them that you have 20-500 vision and the binoculars are actually spectacles and that your wife is a Sister in the Holy Order of the Beloved Mackerel and that requires that she read the Bible verses stored safely on her Nook at the top of every hour.

Then loudly ask if anyone has Ron Kuby's phone number. Somehow things will work out from there.

Reaction Score
This was no isolated, overzealous security guard. I spoke to at least 6 Mohegan Sun people and they had the same refrain: the AAC made me do it. I met a Husky fan who told me that she had been threatened with confiscation of her binoculars. I tried to find an AAC person but was becoming so obnoxious that my long-suffering spouse told me to cork it. That is why I am left to vent my spleen on the Boneyard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That is just plain crazy.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The realized you were a "dumb" Boneyarder and simply couldn't understand why you would have reading material on your person... Holy Mackerel!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You can blame me for the sign ban.:rolleyes:

I solve that problem with the uncomfortable seats by bringing my own chair (not recommended).

Reaction Score
The final insult. When we got home from the first night festivities, my spouse sought to obtain an AAC Women's bracket by typing "2014 AAC Women's bracket" into Google. The sites that came up were all ACC women's sites. Talk about adding insult to injury!

That's strange. When I did the same search a few days ago, the top hits were properly for the AAC. Typing in the same search today, four of the top five properly show AAC brackets. Several of them were posted four days ago.

Reaction Score
This was no isolated, overzealous security guard. I spoke to at least 6 Mohegan Sun people and they had the same refrain: the AAC made me do it. I met a Husky fan who told me that she had been threatened with confiscation of her binoculars. I tried to find an AAC person but was becoming so obnoxious that my long-suffering spouse told me to cork it. That is why I am left to vent my spleen on the Boneyard.
cork it here too...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Buckaroobanzai said:
Some additional observations about this "state of the art" arena that the AAC brags about. First, the lighting in the stands is inadequate. When we sit in our assigned seats tomorrow (upper deck), we likely won't be able to read the terrific program the AAC crafted. Second, the seats are uncomfortable. Actually, they are beyond uncomfortable. They belong in a high school gymnasium. Third, the scoreboard is an embarrassment. No players' names, no screen adequate for replays, no statistics. Perfect for your local high school. Fourth, no signs allowed - how, I ask, are we to express our affection for Uconn's stalwart WBB team? On the other hand, we had a nice (and expensive) dinner and the Mohegan Sun staff were very friendly. Getting back to the other other hand, it was terrific that UCF did not bring a band and that Houston brought neither band nor cheerleaders. Those schools must suffer from the same disease that bedeviled Villanova in the Big East Tournaments. The final insult. When we got home from the first night festivities, my spouse sought to obtain an AAC Women's bracket by typing "2014 AAC Women's bracket" into Google. The sites that came up were all ACC women's sites. Talk about adding insult to injury! In spite of all that, we'll be back.

(Couldn't resist :) )

Attachments

• image-2541374371.jpg
    image-2541374371.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 53

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Thank god someone found a legitimate reason to get us out of this conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom