AAC tournament REAL expectations? | The Boneyard

AAC tournament REAL expectations?

Reaction Score
I'd be happy with just winning a game vs a team like Houston, I think the path to win the tournament has all faded away. Uconn can definitely give Smu a run, but I just don't see them beating them + cincy back 2 back. Hopefully they put on a good show and try to avoid the first losing season since 1985! (jc's first year)

Reaction Score
Beat Tulane. keep it under 12 vs cincy. maybe even single digits. sigh.

Reaction Score
Playing hard is about all I would hope for. This team can't beat anyone, but I believe, as presently constituted, they can LOSE to anyone. Playing hard and getting a win would be about the most realistic scenario one could hope for.

Reaction Score
Win a game. As crazy as it Sounds now, if we get cincy in next rd hard to believe they beat us 3 times in a year.
Same with Houston

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I expect nothing.

I suppose a miracle could happen, but it would be foolish to expect it.

It wouldn't even surprise me if they lost to USF. Adams has been spent physically and emotionally for three weeks now, and no one else on the team can lead them.

It's sad there will be no postseason. I'll miss watching them, even in a year like this, very much.

Reaction Score
I think usf should be a win, and uh it all depends on which team shows up?
First half vs UH absolutely
Second half- not a chance in hell

Reaction Score
One game at a time. Even though I think we have a better shot beating SMU compared to Cincinnati, all of our focus should be on USF right now.

Reaction Score
This season has been written off completely since January, at the latest. I'm just hoping we get through however many rounds we make it in this tournament without any of our players getting injured, though even that seems like it may be too much to ask for with how this year has gone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd like us to play hard and smart

They haven't done that in quite a while. I'd like to see it. I'd like to see Ollie immediately send anybody to the bench who isn't blocking out, or jumping for rebounds, or going after loose balls. I don't care if that means walk-ons play early. It has to be done. These are the effort aspects of the game and this team gets a failing grade in those areas.

Reaction Score
They haven't done that in quite a while. I'd like to see it. I'd like to see Ollie immediately send anybody to the bench who isn't blocking out, or jumping for rebounds, or going after loose balls. I don't care if that means walk-ons play early. It has to be done. These are the effort aspects of the game and this team gets a failing grade in those areas.

When have you ever seen KO do this before? I'll wait.

Why now, in the AAC tournament of all places, do you expect KO to do this?

This type of play has happened all year, and not one player has been yanked because of it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

This type of play has happened all year, and not one player has been yanked because of it.

Senior night 2015 vs. Memphis...KO did exactly that and was torn to shreds on this board for days afterwards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don't remember him doing this. I wish he did. I was saying he should. It needed to be done in game 1. We might have won that game, and game 2 and others.

I watched Roy Williams sit an entire starting 5 for like 10 minutes when I was at KU. The subs were losing but playing very hard, and when the starters came back in, KU blew the other team out.

Reaction Score
I remember Roy doing that but was it for 10 minutes? Ollie can not be afraid to set the tone early (in the season next year) and bench people if need be. Let the players know AHEAD of time the consequence for inexcusable boneheaded mistakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom