AAC Spring Football Teleconference | The Boneyard

AAC Spring Football Teleconference

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte‏ @Joseph_Duarte 7m 7 minutes ago
Randy Edsall on return to #UConn:’You walk in and your office is the same. Says a lot to do to ‘get program back’ where it was 6 yrs ago

DT Sports Media‏ @CallDT 6m 6 minutes ago
"We know we got a lot of work to do to get back to where the program was 6 years ago" - @UConnFootball HC Randy Edsall

DT Sports Media‏ @CallDT 5m 5 minutes ago
.@UConnFootball HC Randy Edsall on the student-athletes he inherited: "I see a group that's very willing, that wants to do the work"

Joseph Duarte‏ @Joseph_Duarte 1m 1 minute ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall on working with #Lions last year: 'Being able to take a step back and look at things was really good.'

Reaction Score
KN always a good interview:

Joey Knight‏ @TBTimes_Bulls 46m46 minutes ago
On the @American_FB spring teleconferenceow. Navy's Ken Niumatalolo said a lot of his guys working on their military swim requirements...

Joey Knight‏ @TBTimes_Bulls 46m46 minutes ago
"I know there's no other teams working on their backstroke right now, but it's part of who we are." -- Niumatalolo said. @American_FB

Joey Knight‏ @TBTimes_Bulls 39m39 minutes ago
Niumatalolo NOT in favor of a separate playoff for Group of 5: "If you go to the Olympics, you don't set out to win a bronze medal."

Reaction Score
I like the idea of Group 5 playoffs too... more FBS college football is always good...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I like the idea of Group 5 playoffs too... more FBS college football is always good...
I don't like it. It seems to me like you're voluntarily marginalizing yourself. I doubt it will make any money. The only reason it works at all in basketball is because there are so many damn teams... and the NIT has a certain amount of history to it. No one wants to watch the CBI or CIT. Expand the playoff to 8 teams (I'd love to see 16 but it'll never happen)... and the reason for this goes away.

Reaction Score
I don't like it. It seems to me like you're voluntarily marginalizing yourself. I doubt it will make any money. The only reason it works at all in basketball is because there are so many damn teams... and the NIT has a certain amount of history to it. No one wants to watch the CBI or CIT. Expand the playoff to 8 teams (I'd love to see 16 but it'll never happen)... and the reason for this goes away.
I think the playoffs will get expanded. No way it stays at 4 -- there will always be one of the big 5 left out, perhaps two some years. That alone screams for expansion.

When the playoffs do expand, the access slot will most likely be an automatic opening or an access slot with playoff slot if the highest ranked G5 is in the top 15. I could easily see that happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom