• No

Votes: 67 80.7%
  • Depends on who else comes

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I’m not saying I want this or support this, but wanted to replace Key Tweet speculation with just regular speculation/conversation

Let’s say we don’t get into the Big XII (which I don’t want to be true) AND the American gets raided by the PAC-12 (think SMU, Tulane).

Would you accept a football only invitation to the American (with, let’s say, Buffalo or whoever)? Doesn’t have to be forever. Could be the situation until 2036 or 2031 or whenever

Reaction Score
Yes, we want access to the G5 playoff auto-bid which is a realistic goal with Mora as our coach and scheduling as an independent is going to be more difficult going forward. Also I assume more money from the AAC, our 500k from CBS is a joke.

Hopefully this is a moot point and we get our B12 offer soon.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I’m not saying I want this or support this, but wanted to replace Key Tweet speculation with just regular speculation/conversation

Let’s say we don’t get into the Big XII (which I don’t want to be true) AND the American gets raided by the PAC-12 (think SMU, Tulane).

Would you accept a football only invitation to the American (with, let’s say, Buffalo or whoever)? Doesn’t have to be forever. Could be the situation until 2036 or 2031 or whenever

What positive is there to this?

AAC v2 (aka CUSA v3) increases everything we hated about the AAC v1
$$ doesn't warrant the schedule rigidity
bowls are still terrible

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
My vote is no, by the way - I would prefer to maybe just build a scheduling alliance for the next few years with whoever ends up losing this round in combination with P5 OOC games

Reaction Score
I don't know. It doesn't really matter. Neither the AAC or independence is viable long term.

The AAC is a nothing conference. It's just a basket of P5 hopefuls waiting out purgatory.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Bumping up again because it was mentioned in key tweets. The July version of this got us up to 7 yes, 57 NO, 1 partner dependent

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Count me a Yes. I'm almost at the point of feeling it's a necessity and I feel sick to think that.

Reaction Score
Why not ask “Would you join the BiG football only?”

Both statements have the same probability.

Reaction Score
Count me a Yes. I'm almost at the point of feeling it's a necessity and I feel sick to think that.
me too, but im thinking it might be in our best interest to land someplace

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still believe we can put together a better schedule as an independent than we would have as a football only member of the AAC. I would consider football only in the ACC (won't happen, they would never offer) if there was no GOR, merely an exit fee, but these discussions, while a means to kill time, are basically valueless.

Reaction Score
I still believe we can put together a better schedule as an independent than we would have as a football only member of the AAC. I would consider football only in the ACC (won't happen, they would never offer) if there was no GOR, merely an exit fee, but these discussions, while a means to kill time, are basically valueless.
Going forward, as these P5/4 conferences get bigger, it may not be as easy.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I was a big supporter of the AAC since both of my schools were in the conference. But we’ve moved on and the top teams have left the AAC. There is zero chance we go back.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Agreed. As the conferences grow, heck even at their current size, I see them possibly increase conference games. Networks want games that folks want to see, even if they get ones between P4 conferences. I can easily see where we can only get games against Sun Belt, MAC, AAC, schools. Not a schedule we want a see. Might result in 2 FCS schools on home slate.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Who said it was supposed to be easy?

If we were to join the AAC for football only, most P(whatever number) games we would have would be road, payday games as the conference schedule would only leave us a couple home games a year. If we reach the point where it would be impossible to put together a reasonable schedule as an independent, yes, we will then have no choice, but for now an AAC schedule with whoever we can fill out our non-conference games with doesn't appear to be close to what we have on the current docket.

Reaction Score
Who said it was supposed to be easy?

If we were to join the AAC for football only, most P(whatever number) games we would have would be road, payday games as the conference schedule would only leave us a couple home games a year. If we reach the point where it would be impossible to put together a reasonable schedule as an independent, yes, we will then have no choice, but for now an AAC schedule with whoever we can fill out our non-conference games with doesn't appear to be close to what we have on the current docket.
Really interested to see what happens with the 2Pac out west. They said no Aresco and the AAC. Will they absorb the entire MWC into a new PAC? Is there room in there for a FB only UConn if they take in a BB onlu Gonzaga?

Still think the 2 of them should go to Apple and have them cherry pick teams if they really want to get into college thing.

Reaction Score
Really interested to see what happens with the 2Pac out west. They said no Aresco and the AAC. Will they absorb the entire MWC into a new PAC? Is there room in there for a FB only UConn if they take in a BB onlu Gonzaga?

Still think the 2 of them should go to Apple and have them cherry pick teams if they really want to get into college thing.

Hopefully the new PAC can raid away at least one AAC team which would open up a football only AAC slot for UConn or as you point out maybe an Apple led PAC would desire an eastern team or two. We need Apple involved in college football.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the new PAC can raid away at least one AAC team which would open up a football only AAC slot for UConn or as you point out maybe an Apple led PAC would desire an eastern team or two. We need Apple involved in college football.
I'm just spitballing. What happens with those 2 schools outwest is the only short term domino on the table.

Reaction Score
I said yes :
The Navy Deal is $4,000,000 a year
The games are on ESPN and ESPN 2 as opposed to CBSSN , not even carried on my extra sports package
There Conference Champ last year played in the Cotton bowl
3 The G5 payouts from the playoffs are bigger than Indy payouts
4 With a division setup travel is minimal and offers the least travel since the old Big East
East. West
Temple. Tulane
Navy. Memphis
USF. Tulsa
Charlotte. UNT
FAU. Rice
UConn. UTSA
**Army. UAB

9 conference games
6 east div
3 west
3 OC
6. If the power conference go to a 10 game conference schedule who are we going to play as an Indy .
7 Most importantly our departure from that conference with our tail between our legs , defeated and retreating to BB is a huge reason for our poor image . Dominate that conference and the perception changes
8 This conference hits on the best recruiting ares in the US and a coach needs to understand this .
Jim the first coach we had with a reach outside the North East

The real problem is the AAC will never invite us . What exactly do we bring to the party at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom