AAC Preseason Poll & All-Conference Teams | The Boneyard

AAC Preseason Poll & All-Conference Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like the poll, as expected. But feel sorry for the other 10 teams....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice to see Temple 3rd in preseason polling. I'm curious to see how the top half of the league does. I think 5 or 6 teams made the post season last year (between the NIT and the NCAA's).

Teams like ECU, Tulsa, Temple Tulane and Memphis have a real chance to bolster the reputation of the league by doing well OOC. I would think USF would be ranked for probably the entire year. Would like to see 3 or 4 of the other teams remain in the top 50 if possible. With no real shot at jumping to another league any time soon, we all need to hope that the AAC improves in leaps and bounds.

Their FB teams are enjoying some moderate success with 3 teams ranked at the moment. Their men's hoops teams are by and large stronger than the women's league. Also, am a little surprised Cinci is 2nd from last in the preseason poll. Didn't they have a bunch of injuries to key players last year? If they really are that "bad" even with a healthy team, It's not too early to call Jamelle's tenure there a failure. This is the start of her 7th season. If they really are the 2nd worst team in the AAC (BTW in 6 years she's yet to have a winning season), I'd say her job is on the line. Unless Cinci just doesn't care about WCBB...

At least Tonya is seeing a resurgence at Temple - she's been there 7 full years. She enjoyed early success with other coaches recruits (NCAA the first 3 years and NIT her 4th), but she sunk way low the following 2 years making a nice recovery last year getting to the semifinals of the NIT. This is a big year for her to build on last seasons success...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom