It's official now that Rutty is out.

1795858_10152174697369831_48061070_o.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have the best conference home schedule???!!@#$

Cincy's is horrible.

Reaction Score
Last year's home schedule made it feel like we were in a P5 conference. Now, the reality sets in.

Reaction Score
...remind me again why Tulane and Tulsa were invited to this conference?

Reaction Score
When you look at this, it's almost like UConn lost a bad bet, or killed 1000 baby pandas in a prior life. Good grief.

Go American! AAC!

Reaction Score
Because you just don't say no to third best programs in Oklahoma and Louisiana.

I would trade ECU for Rutgers any day of the week, its actually an upgrade. Louisville for Tulsa and Tulane though is like getting Mark Hermann and Chris Hinton for John Elway (a little Broncos history for ya).

Reaction Score
...remind me again why Tulane and Tulsa were invited to this conference?

Here's the optimists view. Tulane went to a bowl last year, had a decent Freshman QB, and appears to have a very good head coach. They will also be opening a new on campus stadium in 2014.

Tulsa (believe it or not) may be a decent (and possibly good) basketball addition. They have a great on campus arena and if the basketball program takes off they can play at the BOK center which is basically an NBA arena. When Tulsa plays well that city supports the teams in a big way.

Both schools have great academics and healthy endowments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I love about this schedule is we play our toughest games at home. The last time that happened we went to the Fiesta Bowl. We also benefit by not playing Houston (both UCF and Cincy play Houston)

If you were putting together a schedule designed to give us the best possible chance of winning the league this would be it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will be here for awhile unless we can put more than our usual 20,000 in the seats.

Reaction Score
We can bitch all we want, but fact is, this is where we are-at least for awhile. Let's use this time to win, get back on a positive track and allow the new
coaching staff to rebuild the putrid mess from PPGDL. ....know it's difficult, but we have players out there that need great support. Let's fill the Rent back up, use the next 2-3 good years of recruiting to get ready for the next round of CR.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We have the best conference home schedule???!!@#$

Cincy's is horrible.
UCF clearly has the worst home schedule. You get to see Tulane, Temple, SMU, and Tulsa. Joy! Three of the worst teams in the league plus a mediocre SMU. I actually like Cincy's home schedule. Get to see Houston and ECU and home wins against Memphis and USF.

Reaction Score
What I love about this schedule is we play our toughest games at home. The last time that happened we went to the Fiesta Bowl. We also benefit by not playing Houston (both UCF and Cincy play Houston)

If you were putting together a schedule designed to give us the best possible chance of winning the league this would be it.

Agree with you Mr. Mets. Schedule sets up with UCF and CINCY here. SMU here bodes well especially if in December (love the southern schools here late in the year). Temple here...well-closest league counterpart-that's good for us.

Away-ECU is drivable.////Memphis and USF (rebuilding) away sets up better.....

Reaction Score
Agree that the conference is what it is, and our home schedule is the best of a bad situation. We'll be home favorite over Temple, home dogs to Cincy and UCF, and home ? with SMU. Road favorites at Tulane and Memphis, road dogs to ECU, and a pick 'em with USF (as much as I hate to write that, the games are too close each year for us to be a favorite on the road offsetting the automatic home field point spread advantage).

Reaction Score
Stop bitching about the conference. It's old now. If we have an opportunity to leave, we will. Until then, let's try to win some football games.

I agree that we need to give everything we have to support our alma mater in winning games and going to bowls. It's more important now than ever before.

However, I will never, ever, ever stop b!tching about this conference. Every second in which our players wear those Star Trek logos on their jerseys is an embarrassing affront to all of the greatness that came before them. If we leave on January 1, I will b!tch for the next 10 1/2 months. If we leave on March 1, I will b!tch for the next 15 days.

Reaction Score
I would trade ECU for Rutgers any day of the week, its actually an upgrade. Louisville for Tulsa and Tulane though is like getting Mark Hermann and Chris Hinton for John Elway (a little Broncos history for ya).

Glad to see there are a few out there with a positive outlook. In reality, although spread out more geographically, the AAC is an upgrade from the Big East post Miami, VA Tech. (I won't even list BC!) It seems to me that the new additions are at least = or > than WVA, Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers and Ville cumulatively. Here is some info on some of the AAC teams

UCF - #10 in final AP Poll in 2013! 12-1
Key wins - Penn State, Louisville. Lost to #4 South Carolina 28-25 and beat #13 Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl

EAST CAROLINA
Last season, East Carolina finished 10-3. They trounced NC 55-31 and NC State 42-28! They also lost to Tulane in OT 36-33! They went on to beating Ohio in the Beef O'Brady bowl 37-20. They also average around 50,000 in attendance.

HOUSTON
In 2011 the Cougars finished 13-1, 18th in AP poll and had P5wins over UCLA and Penn State in the Ticket City Bowl.

TULSA
Since 2006 Tulsa has regularly been a top 25 team
2006-25th, 2008 as high as 18th in polls, 2010, 24th and 2012 25th.
In the 8 years CUSA had a championship game, Tulsa played in 4 and won 2.
In 2012 Tulsa beat Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl 31-17.

SMU
Has a storied history and under June Jones has steadily progressed. With the increased competition in the AAC and the TX recruiting market they will only get
better.

Memphis, Tulane and Temple will work to establish themselves and will go through growing pains to develop winning programs.

For right now until Diaco and staff perform the make-over, UCONN must reestablish their winning ways. Cincy has been a perennial winner finishing as high as #4 in the polls in recent years as well as winning 4 Big East Championships. USF under Willie Taggart should also improve.

Adding Navy in 2015 will add a totally new dimension. It will be interesting to see who if any are added to the league down the road.

I call the AAC an emerging growth conference as opposed to a Blue Chip. With continued strong OOC wins, high rankings in polls, bowl wins and a lot of creativity, the AAC should earn a richer TV contract.

UCF's #10 finish along with a strong performance by the AAC in the NCAA Bball tourney will all help to advance the conference. To the negative writers, try to look at the bright side, it may make you feel better and remember, Rome was not built in a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer