AAC FOOTBALL News | The Boneyard

AAC FOOTBALL News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the spirit of giving everyone something else to contemplate and comment on:

USF NEWS:

• All time USF leading rusher Marlon Mack leaving early for the NFL draft.
  • Former Texas linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary will be the new defensive coordinator
  • Former Tampa Bay Bucs receivers coach Charlie Williams will coach receivers at USF. Last year he was on HC Charlie Strong's Texas staff with the same role.
  • Sterlin Gilbert will be the new offensive coordinator. He too was on the Texas staff last season as their OC.
Charlie Strong might not have been ready for prime time but he sure picked a good state to rebound.

Reaction Score
Temple News:
  • Delaware's running backs coach Tony Lucas will be the new running backs coach at Temple.

Reaction Score
We are in an improving conference and ALL the Programs are investing large sums of money to be much better. That is the ONLY distinction that Aresco has right in his Power 6 statements. Every single Football Program is fighting to get incrementally better every day. Then ... they lose their extraordinary coach and try to band-aid. Strong and USF WILL be a strong Program. But ... 2017 and 2018 conference years will see MORE solid teams and competitive games. Better than the Big East in 2004-2010? yes

Edsall? We might have the one coach that is here for his legacy and builds for the longterm structure of a still newby Program. And, this entire effort needs that. We need to care again and fill the Rent again. I think this is why I - personally - feel best about Edsall. He knows the broad picture ... and Benedict/ Goetz are pulling with him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are in an improving conference and ALL the Programs are investing large sums of money to be much better. That is the ONLY distinction that Aresco has right in his Power 6 statements. Every single Football Program is fighting to get incrementally better every day. Then ... they lose their extraordinary coach and try to band-aid. Strong and USF WILL be a strong Program. But ... 2017 and 2018 conference years will see MORE solid teams and competitive games. Better than the Big East in 2004-2010? yes

Edsall? We might have the one coach that is here for his legacy and builds for the longterm structure of a still newly Program. And, this entire effort needs that. We need to care again and fill the Rent again. I think this is why I - personally - feel best about Edsall. He knows the broad picture ... and Benedict/ Goetz are pulling with him.
It will be interesting to see what he does here with full support of his AD and Asst AD. Perkins left before he really got a chance to really need that support to keep program moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom