AAC bowls thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC bowls thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I still think it's bizarre that we have yet to play them in football. I couldn't tell you anything about them if I'm being honest.

I don't know much, and I'm just 4 hours away. This is what I do know:

1) Ranked about #85 in U.S. News, so it's a good school.
2) About 3,000 students, smallest in FBS (about the same as Rice?).
3) Usually solid in BB, but not elite.
4) Like us, they beat ND in the Charlie Weiss days.
5) They're playing above their weight class and doing ok.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UCF and Houston lost coaches and played teams that they thought were inferior. It's a recipe for losing. Bowl games aside from the big ones, usually come down to which team is glad to be there. It's like the NIT really.

Reaction Score
One thing about Tulsa is that they score points like a B12 team (although not quite on that level).

Memphis up tonight vs Western KY in the Boca Raton. Rooting for WKU. I hate Memphis' fans. They can go suck it.

Reaction Score
If I heard correctly, Tulsa had a QB throw for 3,000 yards, 2 WR's each get over 1,000 receiving and 2 RB' each go over 1,000 rushing.

In one freaking year! :eek:

There needs to be an investigation.

Reaction Score
I was told Over/Under tonight for the Boca Bowl is 79.5...Memphis is up 7-0 already with 10:30 left in 1st Quarter.

Reaction Score
WKU defender just got ejected for a helmet-to-helmet tackle. Didn't look like targeting, just a hard tackle.

Penalty maybe, but a bogus ejection.

Reaction Score
The Hilltoppers are mauling the Tigers, 44-24 now....

Somewhat embarrassing bowl season for the AAC thus far.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
AAC taking it on the chin so far this bowl season. That, after losing all the good coaches in the league, just adds more misery.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Forgot Navy/LaTech was on. Tuned in at 38-38 just in time to see Navy get jobbed on a ticky-tack PI call on a Ryan INT in the end zone. LaTech about to go ahead, 4 min left.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And the AAC is guaranteed a losing bowl record. Only question is, does it get much worse than 1-4.

Reaction Score
Forgot Navy/LaTech was on. Tuned in at 38-38 just in time to see Navy get jobbed on a ticky-tack PI call on a Ryan INT in the end zone. LaTech about to go ahead, 4 min left.
Skip Holtz with another bowl win. We let him go just in time.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The AAC is getting @$$ raped in bowls.
Does it really matter? I remember when I used to care about bowl results but as time goes on it becomes more and more apparent that they just don't have any bearing on a season. Many teams play without their head coaches or coordinators and now teams are starting to play without star players. Bowls are a waste of time and they have lost a lot of their luster. I didn't expect Temple, Houston, or USF to win as soon as they lost their head coach. I am a little surprised about UCF and Memphis as I thought they'd win but really, it doesn't matter in the end.

Reaction Score
Does it really matter? I remember when I used to care about bowl results but as time goes on it becomes more and more apparent that they just don't have any bearing on a season. Many teams play without their head coaches or coordinators and now teams are starting to play without star players. Bowls are a waste of time and they have lost a lot of their luster. I didn't expect Temple, Houston, or USF to win as soon as they lost their head coach. I am a little surprised about UCF and Memphis as I thought they'd win but really, it doesn't matter in the end.

If Uconn isn't in it I dont really care just stating a fact. I agree though the bowls are gay.

Reaction Score
Bowls are a reward for having a decent to good season. It gives the players extra practice time and can only help on the recruiting trail. It can also legitimize an up and coming conference if they can take advantage which unfortunately this year the AAC has not been able to. I know it seems like there are way too many bowls but if the UConn's of the world can turn a couple kid's decisions by making the most of their bowl opportunity then why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom