AAC Attendance | The Boneyard

AAC Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is just going by what ESPN reports on the game summaries for each week. Just to put things in perspective for us UConn fans, here's all the American home game attendance numbers:

Syracuse @ UConn (31,899) 40,000 Cap.
TCU @ SMU (30,987) 32,000 Cap.
Charlotte @ Temple (27,786) 69,176 Cap.
Miami (OH) @ Cincinatti (38,112) 40,000 Cap.
Lousiana-Lafayette @ Tulane (24,253) 30,000 Cap.
Bowling Green @ Memphis (38,713) 61,008 Cap.

Reaction Score
They must've let everyone in for free at Temple. Doubt they drew anything near that.

Reaction Score
Looking around at its peak I would have said 35k.
More than a few sections were totally empty and large pockets on the sides were open all day long. There were 9-10K of empty seats easily.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
My eyes told me 26-28K. I'm standing by that.

Reaction Score
Side note - usually tickets gets scanned at the gate. On Saturday mine wasn't. Why do it in the first place then?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Side note - usually tickets gets scanned at the gate. On Saturday mine wasn't. Why do it in the first place then?
Yeah I walked up they were like are these (sic) Seasons Tickets? And I was like "yeah" and she just ripped it off and pocketed it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

So that it cant get used twice.

They publish the distributed number so it doesn't change what they announce.

Reaction Score
I can't fathom Cincy getting 38k for Miami (OH). I know it's some rivalry game but still. I hope that number is inflated by Miami fans.

Reaction Score
They are like 45 minutes apart...
My point is if 37k were Cincy fans than I'm impressed that they would draw that heavy for a team like Miami (OH) when we barely draw 30k husky fans for Syracuse.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I expected we'd get about 35K for Cuse. Wishful thinking.
Under 32k is abysmal. We got more for Navy last year. I'm beginning to think that our attendance has less to do with our conference and more to do with the fact that CT can't stay entertained with any sports program for more than a decade. UConn football was the hot, new thing when it came on the scene and then lost its luster.

Reaction Score
Under 32k is abysmal. We got more for Navy last year. I'm beginning to think that our attendance has less to do with our conference and more to do with the fact that CT can't stay entertained with any sports program for more than a decade. UConn football was the hot, new thing when it came on the scene and then lost its luster.
Nah, lack of W's. Hartford is dominated by world class corporations. Aircraft engines, aerospace environmental systems, insurance, building technologies. Too many of us judgemental corporate types with high standards who ruthlessly see things how they are rather than putting on the rose colored glasses. A substandard product will not enjoy support here. Bring back the W's and the Rent will go wild again.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Nah, lack of W's. Hartford is dominated by world class corporations. Aircraft engines, aerospace environmental systems, insurance, building technologies. Too many of us judgemental corporate types with high standards who ruthlessly see things how they are rather than putting on the rose colored glasses. A substandard product will not enjoy support here. Bring back the W's and the Rent will go wild again.
Look at big shot Mr Fancy Car!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

makes sense. Same reason USC and Texas don't draw flies.

Reaction Score
Look at big shot Mr Fancy Car!
That was the royal "us" that I used meaning all of us in UConn country. I wasn't refering to myself. Corporate types don't waste their time on message boards. But they do buy tix in the seatback sections many of which were empty last Saturday.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have grown so sick of the excuses, some old and some newly invented to justify staying home, that I don't even want to talk about attendance any more. I'm just going to go to games, eat some meat and drink some brews, and enjoy a day/night without thinking about life's problems.

Aside: UC's attendance is legit. That fanbase has stepped up the last 1.5 seasons after averaging 28K in 2014.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My point is if 37k were Cincy fans than I'm impressed that they would draw that heavy for a team like Miami (OH) when we barely draw 30k husky fans for Syracuse.
Two things in play here:

1 - Miami was UC's biggest rival for close to a century and a good number of fans/alumni of both schools still view it as an important game.

3 - Geographically, this isn't much different than if Duke visited NV State for a football game. Plenty of visiting fans (including any student with transportation) could make it to the game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Two things in play here:

1 - Miami was UC's biggest rival for close to a century and a good number of fans/alumni of both schools still view it as an important game.

3 - Geographically, this isn't much different than if Duke visited NV State for a football game. Plenty of visiting fans (including any student with transportation) could make it to the game.
So Syracuse isn't a longstanding geographic rival??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still digging out of the Pasqualoni nightmare and the product on the field doesn't scream "I've got to be there for that." Give a decent quarterback time to pass and put some points on the board and more W's in the record books and we'll ge more people in the seats. Being in a conference that people know and care about probably would help as well.

The attendance is going up. Give it time.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

There is a difference between 45 minutes and six hours. His point was many Miami fans made it to the game. Cuse brought a good amount of fans but they're not close enough to rely on to bring the masses.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
???

Was I disappointed that we didn't pack the house last Saturday? Yes.

Did my comment (on the question as to why UC-Miami had nearly a full house) have anything to do with our game? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom