A tragedy in Hungary | The Boneyard

A tragedy in Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Horrific crash.... UNI Gyor is the team Rene Montgomery played for and ended up leaving in a salary dispute.

LINK

Reaction Score
Horrific crash.... UNI Gyor is the team Rene Montgomery played for and ended up leaving in a salary dispute.

LINK

Absolutely terrible. So sad for everyone involved. Everything can change in a split second.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to everyone touched by this tragedy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Terrible - hope the other players are able to fully recover.
Buses are pretty dangerous in simple crashes (as opposed to the over the edge of a ravine type of crash) because there is so much empty space for passengers to be thrown around in and so many hard surfaces for them to hit. Most buses now have seat belts at least, but most passengers are so used to not wearing them.

Reaction Score
I'm 70 years old (like the driver of the car), and I'd like to see a strict annual mandatory driver's test administered to drivers over 70. There are too many incompetent older drivers on our roads, and, I'd imagine, in other countries as well.

The lives of others trumps the convenience of the elderly. And to hell with AARP.

Reaction Score
I'm 70 years old (like the driver of the car), and I'd like to see a strict annual mandatory driver's test administered to drivers over 70. There are too many incompetent older drivers on our roads, and, I'd imagine, in other countries as well.

The lives of others trumps the convenience of the elderly. And to hell with AARP.

Teens are the most dangerous group. Soccer moms are distracted by their kids and are also dangerous drivers. Working folks who use their mobile devices cause lots of problems. While there are elderly drivers that shouldn't be driving, there are plenty of others that should also lose their licenses. The answer is cars that drive themselves. Hopefully, this will be a common thing soon.
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...they-are-likely-do-so-again-clean-safe-and-it

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wonk - I agree that age is a detriment to driving competence and that problems due to age can develop almost overnight. I had an Aunt with macular degeneration who had to get re-upped for a drivers license with the CT knowing of the condition - to her amazement CT gave her a license valid for 10 years!!! I would not be opposed to having driving tests re-administered for older drivers, though maybe every year is a little too frequent. Based on the driving I see on the road every day, I would not be opposed to making the retesting of young and middle aged drivers mandatory either. A little refresher on what is and is not acceptable wouldn't hurt anyone.
And I am all in favor of banning cell phones completely - driving with a powered on cell phone should be like driving with an open container of alcohol, it certainly has about the same effect on reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom