A suggestion for the Big East commissioner... | The Boneyard

A suggestion for the Big East commissioner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I know UConn not being allowed to participate in the Big East tournament is pretty much a done deal, but I have been thinking about a solution to the problem.

True, the automatic bid cannot be awarded to UConn if they ended up winning the Big East Tournament. In my opinion, this is not a valid reason to bar UConn from the Big East Tournament.

A possible solution: Just award the NCAA tournament automatic bid to the BE Championship runner up if UConn just so happens to be the champ.

What do you all think? Do you think the UConn athletic department brought this up?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but since all these schools left the only eligible schools to make conference decisions/vote are USF, UConn, and Cincinnati (I don't think Temple can vote because they haven't joined in basketball yet). So all we need is one more vote to gain us entry to the Big East Tourney.

If the conference decides to just die, instead of adding these terrible schools, it could be a giant F-U to the NCAA and all the other Benedict Arnold schools.

Reaction Score
Whiners! UConn has been handed a punishment (which I don't necessarily agree with b.t.w.). There is more at stake than the self gratification of making the post season (See any number of threads on the conference realignment board) UConn will serve out its penalty without making any waves & get it behind them. Look at the BiG picture & get over it.

Reaction Score
Whiners! UConn has been handed a punishment (which I don't necessarily agree with b.t.w.). There is more at stake than the self gratification of making the post season (See any number of threads on the conference realignment board) UConn will serve out its penalty without making any waves & get it behind them. Look at the BiG picture & get over it.

The penalty is the NCAA tournament. The big east decision was made by a bunch of traitor presidents that are leaving the conference anyway. Two different things.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

is this a joke?

Reaction Score
Except this is the second time they've served for this issue. What makes you think it's the last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom