Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How far is msg?
tumblr_md05ixmC821qdxo33.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
I'm talking about last year...not t

What goal posts did I move? I never referred to past years; other posters did. I said uconn had an advantage playing close to home as a lower seed. If you don't like those facts, sorry. But that's what this thread derailed to. Dukes geographic advantage in the tourney. I pointed out that they aren't the only ones to benifit.

I have Storrs to Buffalo at 420 miles and philly to Buffalo at about 380.

MSG yes, but Id argue that the NCAA didn't do UConn any favors in seeding/location on purpose. By seed they expected UConn to be out before MSG. They, if anything, gave Nova a huge advantage at the opportunity of playing at MSG. If you want to argue the NCAA was doing UConn favors, then I guess PC got those MSG favors also, just didn't take advantage. Bonus points for losing to a team who lost to a team UConn beat on the way to the Championship.

All of that is just window dressing and not the point.

The point is that when UConn has been seeded highly, they tend to end up in a situation that UVA was in as playing more away than the other top seed (assuming top seed made it that far, Nova). Can't remember the last time Duke was sent out West and had to play a west coast team in their home state. Duke usually ends up with a few games much closer than 3 hours by car from their campus.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Duke got the special treatment as a 1 or 2 seed. Uconn played 4 games within driving distance as a 6
Cuse would play 1st round games at the C Dome and still lose. You only get a Carmelo once.
UConn creates champions-that's the difference

caw

Reaction Score
I know being a PC fan is terrible, but it is September, at least wait for the season to start before you begin trolling.

Just enjoy the off season and the annual hope that this is finally PC's year.

But they have Chukwu and he's better than Brimah and Thabeet and just amazing.

I thought they were taking over Northeast basketball and all the recruits would be theirs. Good thing Ollie set things straight quickly with Enoch and Adams, but hey they got Mitchell and Sharm....wait...what...whiffed...ohhh. Maybe theirs another Gomes out there...

Seriously though, which is hard with PC fan #2, hope Dunn stays healthy. I can't wait for him to graduate so I can stop caring at all about PC ball.

BTW the two guards UConn had, which limited UConns recruitment of Dunn (who I was told Dunn was better than by PC fans, for years), just won an NCAA Championship together. Dunn has a long way to go to catch either one.

Reaction Score
But they have Chukwu and he's better than Brimah and Thabeet and just amazing.

I thought they were taking over Northeast basketball and all the recruits would be theirs. Good thing Ollie set things straight quickly with Enoch and Adams, but hey they got Mitchell and Sharm....wait...what...whiffed...ohhh. Maybe theirs another Gomes out there...

Seriously though, which is hard with PC fan #2, hope Dunn stays healthy. I can't wait for him to graduate so I can stop caring at all about PC ball.

BTW the two guards UConn had, which limited UConns recruitment of Dunn (who I was told Dunn was better than by PC fans, for years), just won an NCAA Championship together. Dunn has a long way to go to catch either one.

I still can't believe PC scooped Coleman and we had to settle for Lamb.

I think gofriars08 retired from our board after all his prognostications were so unbelievably incorrect. Or he just got banned since he was a .

Last edited:
Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Coach K has resurrected USA Basketball and Duke was getting top recruits long before he was the coach of the National Team. Does he get access to young players more because of it, yeah, but Billy Donovan gets even more coaching the u18 National Team. And calipari will whine that they have an advantage but he didn't seem to care when his DR coaching gig landed him the #1 recruit in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom