A New Season | The Boneyard

A New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Today was a solid victory for the Huskies. We had some errors, and still suffered from our "second-half woes", but it's always a great feeling to get back in the W column, especially against Spitt, and get ourselves off the bottom of the Big East. This, coupled with Kevin Ollie's first trophy as a UConn bball coach, and I'm near-euphoric!

We go into a bye-week to prepare for the road trip to Louisville. They'll have a bye-week also, and assuming they take care of business against Syracuse tomorrow, they will still be undefeated. They will be looking squarely at the game against Rutgers after us, as sort of a "Big East Championship" game for the right to go to the BCS. Could we sneak up on them? Who knows, but I'm certainly hoping we do. After that, it's a home game against a vulnerable Cincy team, possibly for a trip to a bowl game.

If we win these next two games and go bowling, I will feel a heck of a lot better about this season. Likely? Probably not. But what a nice way to send off the seniors by getting them to a bowl game and getting back some Husky pride!!! Hope is alive again....for me, at least....:cool:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do not assume Louisville wins tomorrow. They need to be on high alert. Tomorrow is huge land mine for Louisville.

Reaction Score
First, congratulations to the players and coaches for coming out at home last night fired up and ready to play football. Given the way this season has played out that could not have been an easy task.

That said, I can't imagine there's more than a 10% chance we win the next two games and get bowl eligible. We left games on the field with NCst, WMU and Temple with one of the best defenses in the country. And last night these coaches proved once again that they cannot make solid game decisions. There is absolutely no reason to believe that P outcoaches solid Louisville and Ciny squads. We absolutely need to move on from these guys and the sooner the better imho.

Reaction Score
First, congratulations to the players and coaches for coming out at home last night fired up and ready to play football. Given the way this season has played out that could not have been an easy task.

That said, I can't imagine there's more than a 10% chance we win the next two games and get bowl eligible. We left games on the field with NCst, WMU and Temple with one of the best defenses in the country. And last night these coaches proved once again that they cannot make solid game decisions. There is absolutely no reason to believe that P outcoaches solid Louisville and Ciny squads. We absolutely need to move on from these guys and the sooner the better imho.

Objectively, the odds of winning out are far less than 10%. But we extended the season for at least 15 days, and made sure that Sr. day, even if we lose to Louisville, won't require us to show up in the midst of a 6 game losing streak.

Reaction Score

I felt the same way after Pitt almost knocked off the Irish. Teams get on rolls both good and bad. Teams gain and lose confidence. Is this the beginning of a roll or is it a fluke?

Maybe the team needed the week of to mend and think. May have been the elixir coupled with a good taste of home cooking.

Cautiously optimistic camp.

Reaction Score
I felt the same way after Pitt almost knocked off the Irish. Teams get on rolls both good and bad. Teams gain and lose confidence. Is this the beginning of a roll or is it a fluke?

Maybe the team needed the week of to mend and think. May have been the elixir coupled with a good taste of home cooking.

Cautiously optimistic camp.
That was a solid game last night. This team is better than the record indicates. Our coaching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom