A Look At The Sophomore Paige | The Boneyard

A Look At The Sophomore Paige

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not really new, but bundled in a nice read. A premise, she'll have to score less. I'm from Missouri on that one and besides I love to watch her punish the hoop from every conceivable place and angle.

Happy to have Geno report:

“She’s still the same annoying person that she was last year,” he said, tongue-in-cheek. “She’s never fouled anybody, she’s never made a mistake, she’s never thrown the ball away. She’s never missed a shot where she didn’t get fouled. She hasn’t changed one iota."

Reaction Score
Look at her arms in the photo. She wasn’t wasting time in the weight room.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She may have to score less, or she could score more due to the other players on the court with her. Maybe we can put up Maryland like final scores when all five players on the court play close to their abilities.

Reaction Score
I think the scoring average may go down to 17-18 ppg but the assists, rebounds and steal numbers will all go up making her look like more of a complete player.....

Reaction Score
I think the scoring average may go down to 17-18 ppg but the assists, rebounds and steal numbers will all go up making her look like more of a complete player.....

I think she'll get her first TD this season. And set an assist record for the team. I also see her defense taking a big jump. Season averages of 17/game won't tell the true story as I would expect to see her score more in important games in part because her minutes will be much higher. But I also expect to see games where she only gets 13 or 14 pts. Her primary job will be to find the hot hand(s) and get them the ball at the right moment.

Reaction Score
I think she'll get her first TD this season. And set an assist record for the team. I also see her defense taking a big jump. Season averages of 17/game won't tell the true story as I would expect to see her score more in important games in part because her minutes will be much higher. But I also expect to see games where she only gets 13 or 14 pts. Her primary job will be to find the hot hand(s) and get them the ball at the right moment.
I think you may be right. Taking some of the pressure off her to put points on the board all the time will allow her to utilize more fully those exceptional and extremely rare gifts she has. And as you say, her defense is getting so much better all the time, even Geno has commented on it, and if you watch her defensive play from her senior year of high school to the end of last year, you won't believe you're watching the same person. She is extremely quick with her hands and footwork, and is learning how to use it.

Also, regarding her first TD this season, I can think of another team that could use her. :cool: I read somewhere that her high school BB coach said that he had seen her throw a football 50 yards strongly, with accuracy. Somehow, I don't doubt that.

Reaction Score
Not really new, but bundled in a nice read. A premise, she'll have to score less. I'm from Missouri on that one and besides I love to watch her punish the hoop from every conceivable place and angle.

Happy to have Geno report:

“She’s still the same annoying person that she was last year,” he said, tongue-in-cheek. “She’s never fouled anybody, she’s never made a mistake, she’s never thrown the ball away. She’s never missed a shot where she didn’t get fouled. She hasn’t changed one iota."

“She’s still the same annoying person that she was last year,”

I've heard him with that kind of talk about her a couple times and it's so funny. That and the time she wasn't shooting the ball much and at halftime he accused her of being on strike. LOL

Reaction Score
“She’s still the same annoying person that she was last year,”

I've heard him with that kind of talk about her a couple times and it's so funny. That and the time she wasn't shooting the ball much and at halftime he accused her of being on strike. LOL
In a video last year, Geno was sitting in his office talking with a reporter and he said that Paige would soon stop by his office to chat, because she did it every day. And soon, there she was. Geno absolutely cherishes those moments because they have a banter and relationship that is built on understanding and respect. They both know how to smile and know that, ultimately, the game of basketball is about having fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom