A little Film Room content ... on Samson, Cling Kong and ball-screen defense | The Boneyard

A little Film Room content ... on Samson, Cling Kong and ball-screen defense

Reaction Score
No reigning champ has made it past the first weekend since Duke in 2016. No reigning champ has made it past the Sweet 16 since Florida's repeat in 2007.
IMO this is why UConn is in the best position to make a run at repeating since the Gators.

Reaction Score
Thanks Rob for posting this. I should be doing my office work right now :p

On behalf of UConn Nation, give our best to John Fanta. It was good to hear him call the Georgetown-Seton Hall game this past Wednesday. Knowing his dad was a big influence on John's career to get into sports broadcasting I am sure his dad was smiling from heaven. I also gave John a message on his LinkedIn as well.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Healthy we are a monster defensive team. Coupled with the shooting. We will be top ten in offense and defense in KP in two weeks. Only Houston has a lower combined efficiency rating.

Reaction Score
Great report. Our defense seems to be coming into its own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No reigning champ has made it past the first weekend since Duke in 2016. No reigning champ has made it past the Sweet 16 since Florida's repeat in 2007.
IMO this is why UConn is in the best position to make a run at repeating since the Gators.

Nice analysis. It's also the thing we were utterly failing to do correctly during the rough stretch last year. The switch between drop and hedge puts a lot of stress on the 3-4 to cover the paint.

Castle has been an excellent defender, but in pre-season, Dan wouldn't commit to starting him and my hunch was he was struggling with the coverage assignments as a defensive 3. Sometimes we wonder why Stewart wouldn't get in and Ball would, and I think the reason is the same. Dan hasn't really hesitated to play Stewart in the small ball lineup, where the defensive roles are more clear. I don't think we've seen him play with Johnson.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't generally listen to Field of 68 other than the clips shared here. Is "The Great Wall of Bristol" a thing? I would so love for Raf to use that in a game.

Reaction Score
If we stay healthy and DC stays out of foul trouble this team is going to be very tough to beat. I cant wait for the last part of our schedule. Its tough but will be a great experience for the new guys on just how intense March can be. Thats something a lot of people dont talk about with this team. DC, Newt,AK, Diarra got invaluable experience in the march run last season and thats going to help our chances.

Reaction Score
I don't generally listen to Field of 68 other than the clips shared here. Is "The Great Wall of Bristol" a thing? I would so love for Raf to use that in a game.
I'm gonna sound like a fanboy, seeing as this is his thread, but Rob's top dog podcast is the best companion a UConn fan can have. (He coined the phrase and refers to 'great wall of bristol" a ton) That, and field of 68, are incredible sources of cbball.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yep, that good ole fashion eye test don't lie

Reaction Score
I’m going to praise Top Dogs and Field of 68 as well. I listen every day and find it the top source of CBB in the country.

Reaction Score
Just for Rob so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom