A Hill I'll Fight On. To the death. | The Boneyard

A Hill I'll Fight On. To the death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tristen Newton is among the best Huskies we have ever watched play. Kudos to those who plucked him from the free agent pool.

And I'll put him in Top 5 most clutch Husky ever. I have no fear when he has the ball. And when he shoots, I really expect the ball to hit the inside of the twine. Especially in winning time.

When the Huskies repeat, get the big jersey ready for hoisting, folks.

Demi God status awaits.

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton is among the best Huskies we have ever watched play. Kudos to those who plucked him from the free agent pool.

And I'll put him in Top 5 most clutch Husky ever. I have no fear when he has the ball. And when he shoots, I really expect the ball to hit the inside of the twine. Especially in winning time.

Demi God status awaits.
When Karaban and/or Spencer is scoring, he plays point guard and distributes. When we are struggling to score, he takes over and looks to score. It's really incredible. I can't argue with you.

Reaction Score
Tristan had such a monster game yesterday- he would not let UConn lose that game to St. John’s. But on defense, I think he’s underrated & may be team’s best defender. Clingan obviously has huge impact, but Tristan plays the entire game usually, so I’m taking DC out of conversation for that reason. Castle is great too, but I think Tristan has faster feet and recovers better, in my opinion, when his man gets around him. Look at all the charges Tristan gets when guarding his man. Castle did have that fantastic block but his man got by him a few times yesterday- then again, he’s often defending the other team’s best guard Which is asking a lot. Just love Newton!

Reaction Score
It's weird because in the general mill run of the game I get a little nervous as he can get a little lackadaisical with passing and handling the ball. Seems like he just knows he's on another level and gets almost bored...but as soon as he locks in for winning time it's game over and he just does whatever he wants to just about any team we play.

I love too that he likes to do the heat check early in a game with a crazy long 3. If it goes in...good luck to whoever were playing

Reaction Score
It's weird because in the general mill run of the game I get a little nervous as he can get a little lackadaisical with passing and handling the ball. Seems like he just knows he's on another level and gets almost bored...but as soon as he locks in for winning time it's game over and he just does whatever he wants to just about any team we play.

I love too that he likes to do the heat check early in a game with a crazy long 3. If it goes in...good luck to whoever were playing
I know what you mean. Appears a little nonchalant at times.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’ll say he may be now THE most underrated player in our program history. If he makes a F4 and is 1st team AA, he’s got accolades to stack next to anyone.
Think it’s because usually in the past, those guys would also have NBA talks next to them. So it looks different to see that without everything else that comes with it.

The only other players to accomplish two F4s and 1st team for us are Kemba and Shabazz. Only player to have two rings and the AA is Bazz.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you consider Kemba and Shabazz as more shooting guards than point guards you can make an argument that Newton is the best all-around point guard we've had. If you rank them as players, he's third on that list but there is zero shame in that. He is clearly their rightful successor and lives up to their legacy if he leads this team deep into March.

What I'll remember is how well this team plays together. Everyone is option 1A/B/C/D/E on any given possession. Past great teams had one or two alphas with a great supporting cast more like a pack of lions setting up a kill. This team is a swarm of locusts coming to devour all your crops without breaking formation.

Reaction Score
If you consider Kemba and Shabazz as more shooting guards than point guards you can make an argument that Newton is the best all-around point guard we've had. If you rank them as players, he's third on that list but there is zero shame in that. He is clearly their rightful successor and lives up to their legacy if he leads this team deep into March.

What I'll remember is how well this team plays together. Everyone is option 1A/B/C/D/E on any given possession. Past great teams had one or two alphas with a great supporting cast more like a pack of lions setting up a kill. This team is a swarm of locusts coming to devour all your crops without breaking formation.
Why would anyone consider point guards as shooting guards?

Reaction Score
I’ll say he may be now THE most underrated player in our program history. If he makes a F4 and is 1st team AA, he’s got accolades to stack next to anyone.
He and vital. Bar none.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still say it's Bazz but there is definitely a case to be made for Newton.

Reaction Score
Agreed.
In my opinion, the members of this incredible team have earned the right to be ranked exactly where they should be ranked, regardless of how the rest of the year plays out. Too much else is left to chance in tournaments. That said, 7 is the number, and the number shall be 7. Go get 'em!!!

Reaction Score

Demi God status awaits
Who’s gonna fight you??

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who’s gonna fight you??
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Reaction Score
I've said since early last year, he is the key to the success of the team. If he's making 3s, the team is almost impossible to beat.

Reaction Score
Best rebounding guard in UConn history. Am I wrong?
And, as automatic as Bazz at the FT line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom