A handful of random thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A handful of random thoughts

Reaction Score
1. How they can't pick a traffic pattern and keep it for multiple seasons is crazy. Total amateur hour in the lots.

2. They post pictures of the new concession places - I walked up to the new popcorn stand - my wife asked for a Blue Moon - the guy's answer was 'we don't know what is coming out of the taps, but I don't think it's Blue Moon'.

3. Do they not do a dry run of the PA/audio/pregame etc? I didn't know music could actually skip in 2018.

4. Edsall punting down 14-0 with fourth and short was a disgrace. Come on Randy - you only stopped them when they decided to be yellow on their third drive. You aren't going to pin them and take the ball back - let's be real.

5. Pindell was pretty impressive. Buss was good before his lol fumble. Tyler Davis when he isn't committing dumb penalties is pretty productive.

6. The crowd was bigger and more engaged than I expected. One of the best weather nights in Rent history. Crowd stayed until the backbreaker INT.

7. Bring back Joe D. Crispino is a pro and all but listening to the post game until their sad signal couldn't handle a hill in Glastonbury, he has the energy of a Knick/Bobcat February pre-game on MSG.

8. Dig in. It's going to be a long season, but it might be @TouchdownHusky 's wet dream. 100 is in play a bunch of weeks.

9. Lot of red in the uniform. Is that necessary?

10. The hype about the pre-game entry? Which part was supposed to be the big deal? Dog on a leash or sparklers?

11. At least they have 2 extra days to prepare for Boise. Line.... 31 or so? Yikes.

12. #savejimmy
Yeah Crispino wasn't very good last night.. not for football.. He's gotta get used to showing support for our players on both sides of the ball .. This ain't the NBA where you focus on the star players in your commentary..

Reaction Score
2. They post pictures of the new concession places - I walked up to the new popcorn stand - my wife asked for a Blue Moon - the guy's answer was 'we don't know what is coming out of the taps, but I don't think it's Blue Moon'.

this might be the most damning report I've read yet. This program honestly cannot get anything right. parking at big events is always a mess but it def sounds like last night was supremely bad. But this is just ludicrous. What a disaster.

Reaction Score
Pindell goes 27/41 266 yds, 1TD, 1INT + 22/157 1TD on the ground in game 1 vs top-25 team (seriously what are we ranked, 110?) and people are already wanting the backup!?!? Its probably top-5 in UConn QB performances of the past 6 years. He looked poised and confident, and played within his limitations. Total 180 from last year's home opener vs Holy Cross.

He would've had another 50 yds rushing on the TD scamper if not for Hergy's holding penalty in the middle of the field. Did anyone get a better look at that penalty, was it legit?

The penalty was on Crozier. The defender had his back to the referee and the call was that Crozier (on the other side of the defender) had held. Hard to tell as there was no direct view by any camera, but the thinking was the defender had to have been pulled down.

Reaction Score
I just think we might see Marvin Washington sooner than later. Yeah Pindell is okay with his scrambles, but we need a quarterback that gives us a good chance.
Pal, is that you? The back up quarterback is ALWAYS better than the starter. Until he becomes the starter. Can’t knock Pindell’s play last night at all. Well except for the int which was his worst pass of the night by a lot. He can’t throw real long but college football is full of very effective qbs who can’t throw long. He is limited as a passer and I don’t think you can ever be a big winner with his type of qb. But you can do ok. He sure isn’t why we lost.

Reaction Score
Pal, is that you? The back up quarterback is ALWAYS better than the starter. Until he becomes the starter. Can’t knock Pindell’s play last night at all. Well except for the int which was his worst pass of the night by a lot. He can’t throw real long but college football is full of very effective qbs who can’t throw long. He is limited as a passer and I don’t think you can ever be a big winner with his type of qb. But you can do ok. He sure isn’t why we lost.
I know it’s not the reason we lost just saying why would we limit our offense with an average qb. I thought he was way better than last year. I still want a qb that can stay in the pocket and throw the ball. This is not Pal

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I know it’s not the reason we lost just saying why would we limit our offense with an average qb. I thought he was way better than last year. I still want a qb that can stay in the pocket and throw the ball. This is not Pal

Tell us why you think the people behind him give us a better chance to win.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Another positive: being able to buy beer in the seats. I love that addition!

Reaction Score
Tell us why you think the people behind him give us a better chance to win.
I honestly think the people behind him fit the system better. Marvin Washington is a pocket passer and has accurate throws. The freshman is a slinger too with precision. I honestly think Pindell doesn’t fit with the offensive scheme. He good don’t get me wrong but I honestly think what we see is what we get with him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I honestly think the people behind him fit the system better. Marvin Washington is a pocket passer and has accurate throws. The freshman is a slinger too with precision. I honestly think Pindell doesn’t fit with the offensive scheme. He good don’t get me wrong but I honestly think what we see is what we get with him.

Okay Trolly McTrollerson

Reaction Score
Did I miss most of our attempts to run wide with the running backs? I don't recall many but do recall lots of attempts inside the tackles being stuffed.

Reaction Score
Marvin Washington is a pocket passer and has accurate throws.

Where have you seen him make the throws @ this level outside an isolated “highlight” video?

Reaction Score
Am I dreaming, or would it make sense to have more rollouts by Pindell with multiple options for him to run, pitch, pass, etc.?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom