A handful of random thoughts | The Boneyard

A handful of random thoughts

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. How they can't pick a traffic pattern and keep it for multiple seasons is crazy. Total amateur hour in the lots.

2. They post pictures of the new concession places - I walked up to the new popcorn stand - my wife asked for a Blue Moon - the guy's answer was 'we don't know what is coming out of the taps, but I don't think it's Blue Moon'.

3. Do they not do a dry run of the PA/audio/pregame etc? I didn't know music could actually skip in 2018.

4. Edsall punting down 14-0 with fourth and short was a disgrace. Come on Randy - you only stopped them when they decided to be yellow on their third drive. You aren't going to pin them and take the ball back - let's be real.

5. Pindell was pretty impressive. Buss was good before his lol fumble. Tyler Davis when he isn't committing dumb penalties is pretty productive.

6. The crowd was bigger and more engaged than I expected. One of the best weather nights in Rent history. Crowd stayed until the backbreaker INT.

7. Bring back Joe D. Crispino is a pro and all but listening to the post game until their sad signal couldn't handle a hill in Glastonbury, he has the energy of a Knick/Bobcat February pre-game on MSG.

8. Dig in. It's going to be a long season, but it might be @TouchdownHusky 's wet dream. 100 is in play a bunch of weeks.

9. Lot of red in the uniform. Is that necessary?

10. The hype about the pre-game entry? Which part was supposed to be the big deal? Dog on a leash or sparklers?

11. At least they have 2 extra days to prepare for Boise. Line.... 31 or so? Yikes.

12. #savejimmy

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Lot disorganization saved me $15 today so keep quiet. No one ever stopped me to pay. Guy guided me to my spot, I clearly had no tag and wallet was in hand thinking he wanted money. Nope.

The speaker system is so bad it’s hilarious. Always cutting in and out.

Agree on Pindell, but his arm is definitely lacking. His speed and elusiveness is incredible, but we need to be able to hit a guy more than 10 yards downfield.

Agree on Crispino. Pretty boring dude. Joe D brought passion which was always appreciated. Always felt like another fan was calling the game. Crispino is very generic.

Reaction Score
The red is not going away. If it's on the basketball uniforms, it'll be on football umiforms.

Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway is the confusion in the defensive backfield. CB looking at the safety for directions as the ball is snapped and the wrs blow by them. Come on Crocker.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I thought Crispino was boring . So right about him sounding as if he was covering a meaningless Knicks game in garbage time. Vanilla. Joe D brings passion, energy when he needs to, and the understanding of the history and tradition of this program. This was a complete botch-job by UConn/IMG IMO. Loved the pre-game Doghouse show tho! Also, how NASTY was that intro video they put together for this year?!? Would love a copy of that. Coolest video they’ve ever had IMO

Reaction Score
1. How they can't pick a traffic pattern and keep it for multiple seasons is crazy. Total amateur hour in the lots.

2. They post pictures of the new concession places - I walked up to the new popcorn stand - my wife asked for a Blue Moon - the guy's answer was 'we don't know what is coming out of the taps, but I don't think it's Blue Moon'.

3. Do they not do a dry run of the PA/audio/pregame etc? I didn't know music could actually skip in 2018.

4. Edsall punting down 14-0 with fourth and short was a disgrace. Come on Randy - you only stopped them when they decided to be yellow on their third drive. You aren't going to pin them and take the ball back - let's be real.

5. Pindell was pretty impressive. Buss was good before his lol fumble. Tyler Davis when he isn't committing dumb penalties is pretty productive.

6. The crowd was bigger and more engaged than I expected. One of the best weather nights in Rent history. Crowd stayed until the backbreaker INT.

7. Bring back Joe D. Crispino is a pro and all but listening to the post game until their sad signal couldn't handle a hill in Glastonbury, he has the energy of a Knick/Bobcat February pre-game on MSG.

8. Dig in. It's going to be a long season, but it might be @TouchdownHusky 's wet dream. 100 is in play a bunch of weeks.

9. Lot of red in the uniform. Is that necessary?

10. The hype about the pre-game entry? Which part was supposed to be the big deal? Dog on a leash or sparklers?

11. At least they have 2 extra days to prepare for Boise. Line.... 31 or so? Yikes.

12. #savejimmy

My wet dream MIGHT BE a QB who can run as superbly as Pindell did tonight AND . . . throw the ball well including deep routes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lot disorganization saved me $15 today so keep quiet. No one ever stopped me to pay. Guy guided me to my spot, I clearly had no tag and wallet was in hand thinking he wanted money. Nope.

The speaker system is so bad it’s hilarious. Always cutting in and out.

Agree on Pindell, but his arm is definitely lacking. His speed and elusiveness is incredible, but we need to be able to hit a guy more than 10 yards downfield.

Agree on Crispino. Pretty boring dude. Joe D brought passion which was always appreciated. Always felt like another fan was calling the game. Crispino is very generic.

If you are paying cash for parking and aren’t going to the Aero lot you should be expelled.

Laz is the worst company in the state. I actually have been considering selling my blue passes for Aero Lot prices to cleanse myself.

Reaction Score
Leaving the Grey lot we are restricted to leave by the main Silver lane gate. God forbid there is ever a big crowd, it will be a colossal cluster.
UCF is good but our secondary is still scout team level in it's effectiveness.
Our pass blocking on offense was not bad overall.
We need linebackers like we had for years. This is a huge recruiting need.
When you have heavy D lineman who can't stop the run or rush the passer what do you have?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My wet dream MIGHT BE a QB who can run as superbly as Pindell did tonight AND . . . throw the ball well including deep routes.

Mine MIGHT BE... me, Kristen Bell, Jennifer Lawrence and 4 bottles of champaigne. Ah - Who am I kidding with might be!

Reaction Score
Mine MIGHT BE... me, Kristen Bell, Jennifer Lawrence and 4 bottles of champaigne. Ah - Who am I kidding with might be!
You should be happy, as is!

Reaction Score
Leaving the Grey lot we are restricted to leave by the main Silver lane gate. God forbid there is ever a big crowd, it will be a colossal cluster.

I've been Blue Lot every year @ the Rent except first three years when I was Red and parked in the lot that used to be behind the press tower that you accessed from Willow St through P&W. First venture in Grey Lot since I dumped seat license seats this year. That cone pattern coming out of the Grey lot heading towards the main entrance screamed "let's just screw with them". I was so tempted to send them scattering.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been Blue Lot every year @ the Rent except first three years when I was Red and parked in the lot that used to be behind the press tower that you accessed from Willow St through P&W. First venture in Grey Lot since I dumped seat license seats this year. That cone pattern coming out of the Grey lot heading towards the main entrance screamed "let's just screw with them". I was so tempted to send them scattering.

The worst thing that has ever happened even in a 13-76 stretch is when the Willow St entrance got closed. I might get a job at Pratt just to scan through the gate 6 times a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Love the merges without warning plus the waiting for pedestrians. We have to check in from the East gate but we can't check out. They have turned it into a roach motel. Used to like to leave by the Willow Street exit. What the heck is going on?

Reaction Score
dairy bar ice cream = yummy

offense = watchable. WRs caught most of the catchable passes, OL offered the best protection in years.

Dixon returning kickoffs (he got a lot of practice tonight) was the best we've seen since Nicki Will

Edsall had two chances to kick FGs on 4th downs inside their 30, when the game was unwinnable. Why not give the Kicker some in-game practice?

Band on the field after 3rd QTR put on a quick neat little fire display, definitely a step up from their routine last year.

Pindell was probably the biggest surprise for me. He improvised, didn't throw often into traffic, was composed, ran great, and had great short-yardage accuracy.

Looking forward to the couple of games.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This thread makes me glad I couldn’t make it tonight. It also makes me think I won’t go to a single game this year. Before you all attack, I usually go to 4 games a year....I stopped buying season tix after Ps first season. Went to 4 last year, but can’t see buying season tix for this product and based on these glowing reviews of the Rent, who’d want to. By the way,The best parking, imho is at Silvas day care on Silver lane.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just think we might see Marvin Washington sooner than later. Yeah Pindell is okay with his scrambles, but we need a quarterback that gives us a good chance.

Reaction Score
1st drive of the year, we're moving the ball well and then a friggin fumble. I mean for GOD SAKES you can't cough up the ball there. Took the wind out of our sails.

Pindell played very well except for that horrible pass to end the 1st half when UConn could have pulled to within 11.

Oh the turnovers.

Reaction Score
I just think we might see Marvin Washington sooner than later. Yeah Pindell is okay with his scrambles, but we need a quarterback that gives us a good chance.
My thoughts too. Pindell is a great runner, and against a lesser defense might have broke 4 or 5 for TD's. However he still has way too much air on his longer passes. The stronger arms we have (Washington and Krajewski) need some snaps. As much as I don't like doing it, we might need a (60-40) platoon style going forward. We are a no threat offense against a smart defense if our longer passes are all folly floaters. That being said Davis (minus the dumb penalties) and Buss were great but in the present setup long balls to Dixon for a TD or big gain are risky at best.

It's water under the bridge but we really could have used Hopkins.

As for the defense, I went to KFC after the game and ordered Kentucky Fried Crow. Hopefully the freshman lineman and DB's learn something from this game. That being said, we didn't blitz once, and that's all on Crocker. You can't give a great QB like Milton the amount of time we did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pindell can certainly run with the ball, but we should give some playing time to some other QBs and see how they do.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pindell can move, scramble. Too slow on the reads and delivery.

OL did pretty well, no jailbreak blocking. Opened a couple holes but run game was a non-factor.

Turnovers...ugh. can't do that and expect to win any games.

D was....well they tackled a lot better and didn't get run over. Ran away from on a couple, knock over up the middle and generally offered little resistance. Need to get stronger up front, faster at LB, and play better in back. No threat of creating turnovers.

Specials were the best unit by far, both returns and coverage. Nice stong FG, I agree they should have given him a couple more opportunities once it got out of hand. We will be looking for clutch kicks this season to win games. Let's not have it be his 2nd or 3rd attempt of the season.

Reaction Score
Everyone is upset with Crocker and a very young defense that failed against an offense that lead the nation in scoring last year....but I’m more concerned with an experienced offense that only scored 17 points against an unproven UCF defense. Going in I expected to lose and give up a ton of points, but I was hoping to see a final in the range of 49-27 or 56-31.

Reaction Score
It is the turnovers.

We’d feel a increment better if we scored that first drive. That INT at the end of the half. Even Buss’s. That 56 was on the board and we could have stopped them and played better D - marginally. The points we should have had is the BIGGEST disappointment.

Pindell was great. I don’t get tooting in about seeing the #2. A number of good WRs and two TEs that are beautiful receivers.

I do want to see Great LBs.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
T
Everyone is upset with Crocker and a very young defense that failed against an offense that lead the nation in scoring last year....but I’m more concerned with an experienced offense that only scored 17 points against an unproven UCF defense. Going in I expected to lose and give up a ton of points, but I was hoping to see a final in the range of 49-27 or 56-31.
True, especially when you look at time of possession. We had the ball twice as long!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The secondary is dreadful. UCF just scored again as I’m typing. Young yes, but Betty is not a good coach.
Two Roads went up a buck to $9 at the kiosks. Driving into blue lot had to go way down to the 2nd entrance only to end up where we always do.
Security line pretty quick, even at 6:55. Nice night, band was good and doubled the attendance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom