A Fifteen Minute Chat With Your Favorite Husky | The Boneyard

A Fifteen Minute Chat With Your Favorite Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Here's the hypothetical scenario:

It's "Meet the Huskies" day at Gampel. There are lots of people there of course, including all the past and present coaches and players. To the side, there's a card table and two chairs. One is for you, and the other is for any one of those players, former players or coaches that you chose. You get to have a 15 minute (max) conversation. You may not propose a date or a marriage, offer gifts, nor do or say anything remotely considered inappropriate. The person you chose cannot be anyone you have previously spoken to for 15 minutes total. You must meet someone in the UConn WBB program who is new to you.

So, who would you invite to the table for a 15-minute chat with you?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Fun question!
Mine would be Sveta - great player, but I think she has probably had the most varied experiences in her life, and would be fascinating to talk with about things outside just the basketball universe.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
At first, I was thinking it would be Mama Stef. She is so full of life, energy, and wit.

But, I think for me it would ultimately be Rebecca Lobo. I think that she, as a player and a broadcaster, would most likely know the answers to every question I'd have about her many experiences.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the first two posters are so attuned t me thoughts. My all-time favorite is Sveta (and please, give the Svet nonsense a rest. It's Sveta). But her basketball was from a while ago. I loved Dolson's story, from start to finish. I thought she represented UConn as well as anyone could, and improved herself in so many ways. She's bright, thoughtful and funny. I'd vote for her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
b09391e0a7d04dcbaae2bbf51f34b3b6.ashx

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mine would be Diana Taurasi. A Free Spirited individual who make the decision to play for a coach that demands you play how he wants you to play. Took a lot of guts. Has led an interesting life playing basketball and would like to hear about them. What Drives her to be the player that she has become.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Me, I'm a dummy I guess, 'cuz I'd pass. Why? Because I'd be afraid that something would come across the table that would ruin the great relationship we already have.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, there aren't bad choices are there?

Geno or Dee, probably, with Rebecca or CD as runner ups.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'd have to go with Shea. I'd love to talk to her about her struggles and future ambitions as a coach. We could talk about the fact we're both Pisces and the Horse in the Chinese Zodiac. I'd also love to get a pic of the two of us.

And then I'd resist the temptation to ask for a date.

Reaction Score
I think it'd be Jen Rizzotti for me - she's still my all-time favorite Husky!

Reaction Score
My favorite husky of all time is Stefanie Dolson, so it would be her. But I'd love to talk to Kalana Greene or Kaili with their great senses of humor. I'd also chose Meg Culmo. She's seen so much throughout the years.

Reaction Score
A spin on the question; I want to speak with Chris Dailey, but in the late spring of 1986, after her first season on the job.

Reaction Score
Chris Daily for me. I would really like to get her insights on how she keeps these diverse young ladies focused on the values needed to become great people as opposed to the X's and O's of coaching.

Reaction Score
Someone who is not only one of the very best ever to play, but also one of the most interesting personalities and whose success will extend, in future years, beyond the basketball court.....Maya Moore!

Reaction Score
Someone who is not only one of the very best ever to play, but also one of the most interesting personalities and whose success will extend, in future years, beyond the basketball court.....Maya Moore!
I agree: Maya is one of the most thoughtful and well-spoken athletes (scratch that: individuals) I've ever heard.

Reaction Score
Well, if we're going with a "dream" scenario, one that I would love to actually happen. I'd first win the lottery.... then i'd pay to talk to Geno, Maya, Sue, Stewie, Diana, Rebecca and Megan C... They all have unique personalities and would be so much fun to get to know on a personal level... That's all... and in no particular order :p

I've bantered with Rebecca a few times in the past, prior to twitter :p She had some great zingers, made me laugh and I was appreciative that she actually responded.

Reaction Score
Mine would be Geno . Being a Chef id have to try and get some of his wife's recipes . Oh and find out what he got Muffet for her Birthday and ask him about the 2 of them coming up as young assistants together and if they played nice back then.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Zero chance it wouldn't be DT for me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Stef. I think I'd ask one or two questions and just sit back and listen.

Reaction Score
So if I couldn't sit down with Albert Einstein, Leonardo DaVinci or Abraham Lincoln my next choice would be CD. Tell me who would have more stories, funny anecdotes and great insights into the character of Geno than CD? Sign me up.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I'd love to talk to Maya about anything or Shea about what it was like to have her body let her down at various points and how that felt in light of personal history or Sveta on the various cultural differences and her entire experience or have Sue Bird walk me through that 2001 Big East conference championship game (and then the Final Four game).

But, I'd also love to hear from Charde Houston about her four years (and her time after graduation) -- what happened, what limited her, what would she have liked to have been different.

Reaction Score
Although she was a Husky regretably ( for us) for a very short period of time, I'd love to talk to Elena Delle Donne and ask her to comment on her college career. If she had it to do over, would it be any different? Does she, at all, miss not having played on a college national championship team? We know about her close relationship with her sister and her family and her love for the University of Deleware...but could UCONN have done anything differently that would have made a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom