A fan’s observation.. | The Boneyard

A fan’s observation..

Reaction Score
Very different to see this team in person and up close. My take - not that anyone cares.

Florida was terrible.
  • out of control
  • less talented from a skill point of view (The only player to exert skill was the big kid #12. The rest demonstrated little bball skill imho.
  • FL attempted to level the level the playing field with physical play

UCONN obviously has talented players. Sanogo is tough to deal with within 8 feet of the hoop. He can get off a high percentage shot with relative ease. Hawkins is a terrific shooter. Clingan definitely alters the game on both ends. He altered many shots. A lob to him on offense is only stopped by our poor execution. Andre is a freakish player and does a lot of little things that really make you want him on the floor. Joey C, smaller than I thought, but is a scrappy positive player - and gets necessary buckets.

I don’t think we played very well. We had moments where we looked very good. A couple of offensive pods ions looked well planned and executed.
Our defense is pretty good - solid physical and emotional.

The point guard play must improve - it was terrible. Just my opinion. I’m not looking at numbers - just overall execution. If this improves we are going to be really tough to beat - really tough.

What a fun season this could be.

Hurley was the right choice on so many levels. I thought he would be good. I think he has also humbled himself and received help from mature sources. We look like we heade back to JC’s tough teams. Extremely excited about the future.

Reaction Score
Very different to see this team in person and up close. My take - not that anyone cares.

Florida was terrible.
  • out of control
  • less talented from a skill point of view (The only player to exert skill was the big kid #12. The rest demonstrated little bball skill imho.

UCONN obviously has talented players. Sanogo is tough to deal with within 8 feet of the hoop. He can get off a high percentage shot with relative ease. Hawkins is a terrific shooter. Clingan definitely alters the game on both ends. He altered many shots. A lob to him on offense is only stopped by our poor execution. Andre is a freakish player and does a lot of little things that really make you want him on the floor. Joey C, smaller than I thought, but is a scrappy positive player - and gets necessary buckets.

I don’t think we played very well. We had moments where we looked very good. A couple of offensive pods ions looked well planned and executed.

The point guard play must improve - it was terrible. Just my opinion. I’m not looking at numbers - just overall execution. If this improves we are going to be really tough to beat - really tough.

Hurley was the right choice on so many levels. I thought he would be good. I think he has also humbled himself and received help from mature sources. We look like we heade back to JC’s tough teams. Extremely excited about the future.

Agree Citrus, well stated.

Hope you're well.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Whoa, a citrus dog appearance. Haven't seen of you in about six years since the cesspool.

Reaction Score

Florida was terrible.
  • out of control

That “pretty good defense” is the key to this team snd yeah it reminds one of Calhoun’s tough defensive teams. And UCONN has had great guards to light things up over the years ( the list is long) but there was usually a bit of an offense drop off when our big man got in foul trouble. I too am excited about the future of this team, but the future is now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom