A couple of things……. | The Boneyard

A couple of things…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#1 early in the year when I saw Terrence Samuel come in a game and play about 9 minutes in a blow out, throw the ball all over the place and look scared, there was huge doubt as to whether he could be be even Donnell Beverly at some point. And then when he wasn't earning critical time I doubted he was performing on practice well enough to become anyone who would impact the program for whatever time he stayed……well those thoughts are out the window and I now apologize for not being patient in mind and allowing him to grow, allowing Bazz, Boat and the staff to coach the young man…..his future now is more of the Taliek Brown and beyond potential than that of my original thoughts……congrats to TSam and welcome aboard!!

Kevin Ollie when asked of TSam and his in game maturity last night in the post presser expressed how much better Kentan Facey is getting and although he is not seeing the floor, he will be a great Husky when his time comes. You know what I believe him……….patience yet again fans!

Okay Boat…….I am one fan, for whatever reason, who is pretty hard on Boat. I love the kid, his fight, his guts etc but he does drive me crazy (Taliek like lol) at times. But I have to admit for all the things I seem to get mad at this kid may be one of the biggest battlers ever to don the uniform. Sometimes negative but let's be honest, mostly positive. Last night I saw some things that made me believe I need to give it a chance before I throw him out as the future PG with Rodney and DHam as his wingmen next year…….he's starting to get it I think…..some things need to be curtailed but love his passion, testiculo's and heart…….fighter! Glad he's on my team!

Glad the Huskies are OUR team!!

Reaction Score
He's a great combo reserve guard. Brings high energy, intensity.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, Mau. Boat has driven me crazy for three years with moments of brilliance and then moments of ineptitude. But one thing that no one can ever question is his toughness and the effort he puts out there. The dude busts his ass, takes hits, and gets up ready to go every time. Since the AAC tourney, he has been great. He's limited mistakes, hit big shots, and moved the ball. He deserves lots of praise from all of the negative Boat posters (myself included.)

Reaction Score
Totally agreed re: your analogy to Donnell Beverly. That was exactly what I thought when I first saw him this year because I thought he like DB did not have great lateral quickness or athleticism. Now, I don't think he has the shooting prowess to ever be even close to a Kemba or Shabazz, but he could have the ceiling of a Kevin Ollie or Taliek Brown. Tough defensive minded guard who doesn't have a great jump, but will make big plays (free throws, drives to the basket, or defensive stops) when the games matter most.

Reaction Score
Totally agreed re: your analogy to Donnell Beverly. That was exactly what I thought when I first saw him this year because I thought he like DB did not have great lateral quickness or athleticism. Now, I don't think he has the shooting prowess to ever be even close to a Kemba or Shabazz, but he could have the ceiling of a Kevin Ollie or Taliek Brown. Tough defensive minded guard who doesn't have a great jump, but will make big plays (free throws, drives to the basket, or defensive stops) when the games matter most.

Agree he could work on his shot and get a lot better but there's a ways to go there. Taliek though? It will take some but I think he could get there, he already has the size, tenacity and defensive ability now he just needs Emeka, Ben etc etc LOL

Reaction Score
Agree he could work on his shot and get a lot better but there's a ways to go there. Taliek though? It will take some but I think he could get there, he already has the size, tenacity and defensive ability now he just needs Emeka, Ben etc etc LOL

No question there is a ways to go. He is just a freshman, but I think he has the ceiling potential to be a TB or KO if he continues to improve. A very good contributor though he will never be the #1 (or even #2) offensive option. His tenacity is great. KO must be proud!

Reaction Score
#1 early in the year when I saw Terrence Samuel come in a game and play about 9 minutes in a blow out, throw the ball all over the place and look scared, there was huge doubt as to whether he could be be even Donnell Beverly at some point. And then when he wasn't earning critical time I doubted he was performing on practice well enough to become anyone who would impact the program for whatever time he stayed……well those thoughts are out the window and I now apologize for not being patient in mind and allowing him to grow, allowing Bazz, Boat and the staff to coach the young man…..his future now is more of the Taliek Brown and beyond potential than that of my original thoughts……congrats to TSam and welcome aboard!!

Kevin Ollie when asked of TSam and his in game maturity last night in the post presser expressed how much better Kentan Facey is getting and although he is not seeing the floor, he will be a great Husky when his time comes. You know what I believe him……….patience yet again fans!
I'll say, KO coached for the full season, not just a game. In about early to mid-February, Samuel started getting some minutes, and it didn't seem to make too much sense: he didn't play a lot, and seemed scared still. But that got him acclimated to playing, and as he's gotten that confidence in pressure games, he's really come through.

I credit KO for that.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll say, KO coached for the full season, not just a game. In about early to mid-February, Samuel started getting some minutes, and it didn't seem to make too much sense: he didn't play a lot, and seemed scared still. But that got him acclimated to playing, and as he's gotten that confidence in pressure games, he's really come through.

I credit KO for that.
I do too, it's just too bad that all those minutes for OC never helped him get his shot back. Oh well...

Reaction Score
I saw the same player ( Samuel) that you did. This kid did not belong on a court with Div. 1 players early in the year and it was questionable whether he should have been recruited at all. He looked stiff, slow and a little lost. Ollie said he told Samuel that he couldn't play him because he didn't get the offense.
Somewhere along the line he developed and has turned into an important contributor. He looks like a completely different player now and his improvement during the course of his freshman season has been amazing. I still don't think he will ever be a star in the same way as our best guards and with the players coming in next year he may never start but this kid could be an important 3rd guard for the next 3 years. He is tough and plays hard every minute he is out there. Props to our coaching staff for bringing Samuel along.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I do too, it's just too bad that all those minutes for OC never helped him get his shot back. Oh well...

I think it'll help him this offseason though. There's a lot to be said for your coach having faith in you, sticking by you through thick and thin. It gives the kid hope.

Also, the struggles will provide added motivation to prove doubters wrong. Kid has a good attitude.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just think in two years, Amida a junior will be his Emeka and Hamilton a soph will be his Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom