A championship-level culture is now in place with vision of Hurley | The Boneyard

A championship-level culture is now in place with vision of Hurley

Reaction Score
Good article with quotes from Hurley and Seth Greenberg (buddies with Hurley).

“I just knew that first team – and it wasn’t easy, the losing was tough, but I’d been through it before, … For me, (it was) just the understanding that that first group would be the foundation. The effort we put into them, the time, was going to lay a foundation of trust with future teams. Although we didn’t win as much as we all wanted to on that first year’s team, I think we established a way of doing things, we established a credibility and a trust in our players that we were gonna push hard for them and give them every chance to be successful,” he said.

“And when recruits were taking unofficial visits while that team was around, and they asked those players what we were all about, they would vouch for us – and that’s not why we did it. We did it because the job of a coach is to take what you have and make the absolute best out of it, create great relationships and just maximize your time together.”

Alternate access:
A championship-level culture is now in place with UConn men thanks to vision of Dan Hurley

Reaction Score
Hurley's patience and care is why we're where we are. It was hard, but the right thing, not to flush those kids out. All of them—even those who had pretty hard limits to their ceiling—were integral to where we are now. Some of those players with low-ceilings, through their belief in the coaching staff and their hard word, won awards in conference that should have been, frankly, above their heads. Their success just demonstrates how lucky we are to have this staff in place.

Reaction Score
Hurley's patience and care is why we're where we are. It was hard, but the right thing, not to flush those kids out. All of them—even those who had pretty hard limits to their ceiling—were integral to where we are now. Some of those players with low-ceilings, through their belief in the coaching staff and their hard word, won awards in conference that should have been, frankly, above their heads. Their success just demonstrates how lucky we are to have this staff in place.
Absolutely
And I’ll tell you what….if Covid didn’t hit Vital was ready to take that group pretty far. That team of knuckleheads was ready to go on a run.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Good article with quotes from Hurley and Seth Greenberg (buddies with Hurley).

“I just knew that first team – and it wasn’t easy, the losing was tough, but I’d been through it before, … For me, (it was) just the understanding that that first group would be the foundation. The effort we put into them, the time, was going to lay a foundation of trust with future teams. Although we didn’t win as much as we all wanted to on that first year’s team, I think we established a way of doing things, we established a credibility and a trust in our players that we were gonna push hard for them and give them every chance to be successful,” he said.

“And when recruits were taking unofficial visits while that team was around, and they asked those players what we were all about, they would vouch for us – and that’s not why we did it. We did it because the job of a coach is to take what you have and make the absolute best out of it, create great relationships and just maximize your time together.”

Alternate access:
A championship-level culture is now in place with UConn men thanks to vision of Dan Hurley
“The Wrenchhhh”

Reaction Score
Hmmm imagine if pitino took this route?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom