A big reason for the increased success in the run game through the first two games of the Mora era IMO | The Boneyard

A big reason for the increased success in the run game through the first two games of the Mora era IMO

Reaction Score
Is playing under center! Often under the former regime we’d hand the ball off around 6 yards behind the line and have a boring playcall to boot. It was often talked about here and it’s nice to see some success with the new look.
They were very effective under center. Agree 1000%. Hitting holes much faster with legs moving.

Reaction Score
Is playing under center! Often under the former regime we’d hand the ball off around 6 yards behind the line and have a boring playcall to boot. It was often talked about here and it’s nice to see some success with the new look.
Lol. Under center doesn’t matter. What matters is this line looks like it can move the line of scrimmage forward.

Reaction Score
Most successful run plays have been from under center and even out of gun they have had the back set up a couple yards behind QB taking a hand off from a stand still is stupid

Reaction Score
Lol. Under center doesn’t matter. What matters is this line looks like it can move the line of scrimmage forward.

Disagree. These running plays are just better designed. Before we were like "here is exactly what we are going to do". And the other team stopped it with one arm tied behind their back while drinking a Michelob Ultra.

Reaction Score
Over center or in the gun, I agree it should not make a difference. Better designed plays, wider variety, more variation are all good reasons. But don't forget the "captain" of the OL. The center himself. Guidone is a helluva player.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest reason for success this year is the coaching staff don’t play favorites. The players are being pushed harder in workouts also. The Edsall were toxic to the players and I’m going to throw Spanos in there too. biting tongue.

Reaction Score
Over center or in the gun, I agree it should not make a difference. Better designed plays, wider variety, more variation are all good reasons. But don't forget the "captain" of the OL. The center himself. Guidone is a helluva player.
Glad he is working out maybe even better than expected.

Reaction Score
We have some experience on the line especially at guard and Jake transferred in which really helps. He brings a lot of energy to the group. Having a dedicated O-line coach in Sammis is a big help. A young coach with experience. Then you add in a more up to date offensive coordinator and we have improvement. Cuse will be interesting to see if the trend continues. At Michigan it will be tough sledding to run if we can not get the pass game going against a team of that level.

Reaction Score
Really stood out to me - very explosive interior of the line, brought back memories of the Coach Foley lines.

Definitely the thing that stood out to me most during the first two games. Explosive, agile, and ornery. Very impressed with how the line came together.

Reaction Score
The Center, Guidone, is tough, good and confident, the two guards are experienced and Senn while early and only two games, may turn out to better than Vandermark. The RT spot is work in progress. Be interesting to see if Rayonte Brown who is working back from injury is involved at all.

I know this is about the run game, but the improvement in overall team play, leads me to believe we have to live in that portal and find more guys like Guidone, and Bouyer-Randle. Guys who have played and had some success.

Reaction Score
The Center, Guidone, is tough, good and confident, the two guards are experienced and Senn while early and only two games, may turn out to better than Vandermark. The RT spot is work in progress. Be interesting to see if Rayonte Brown who is working back from injury is involved at all.

I know this is about the run game, but the improvement in overall team play, leads me to believe we have to live in that portal and find more guys like Guidone, and Bouyer-Randle. Guys who have played and had some success.
Brown was into a TE BTW

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised and disappointed that 5 Portal Offensive Linemen have not even broken into the 2 Deep.
I'm OK with that.

1) The six in the rotation are doing well, especially with run blocking.
2) The others are either good for depth or still developing. When the ones developing are ready, they will get in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Disagree. These running plays are just better designed. Before we were like "here is exactly what we are going to do". And the other team stopped it with one arm tied behind their back while drinking a Michelob Ultra.
Agree with your thoughts here. We actually have schemes not seen in years and no pass in the flat the D could see coming and lost 5/6 yards every time. As to your finish, Michelob Ultra??? Could much easier see a Dos Equis or premium IPA. ;) :D

Reaction Score
Without hurting your rating can I give a thumbs down on the IPA, but do love me a Dos Equis!

Reaction Score
One thing about lining up under center. College defenses don't see it very much. So it may slow them up a little.

Reaction Score
I think if Cam Ross and Marion were still in the lineup we could have some under center plays. Need to establish threats on the outside to make this work.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Kind of surprised and disappointed that 5 Portal Offensive Linemen have not even broken into the 2 Deep.
I'm guessing that there is something unique/complex about the blocking schemes that the summer additions haven't fully mastered yet.

I'll be surprised if our two deep OL doesn't grow to ten names by mid-season

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that there is something unique/complex about the blocking schemes that the summer additions haven't fully mastered yet.

I'll be surprised if our two deep OL doesn't grow to ten names by mid-season

We also don't know what kind of S&C environment they are coming from. Any upgrade from a HS kid needing two years to get an FBS body is still a positive for the program. We had too many years of bringing in kids who were years away from contributing if ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom