#9 Maryland at #10 South Carolina on Sunday (11/18) - who wins | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#9 Maryland at #10 South Carolina on Sunday (11/18) - who wins

Who Wins: Maryland @ South Carolina

• Maryland wins

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Maryland wins by 20 or more

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • South Carolina wins

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • South Carolina wins by 20 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
It is very early, but it looks like the Terrapins are the early favorite for winning the B1G this year.

Reaction Score
It is very early, but it looks like the Terrapins are the early favorite for winning the B1G this year.
Maryland's only competition in their league is Iowa. Similar in Baylor's only competition in their league has historically been Texas.

Reaction Score
In the Big 10 I like Minnesota as well and we play them on the road. Bell is a really good player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know that Maryland moved to the B1G for the football/TV money, but it has really helped the in-conference record of WBB. If the Terps had stayed in the ACC, they would have no championships, because they would be below at least Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I dont think SC will be competitive until they realize the ball needs to go through Herbert-Herrigan instead of Harris or Cooper as 1st options.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s right.

USC isn’t good enough right now.

Reaction Score
Dawn can’t coach. She needs superior talent. Her team looks dreadful and she looks disinterested.

This is truly a bad take.

She built a team from nothing and won the SEC before A’ja even got on the scene. Much was done with rosters with big holes that caught and clawed.

I’ve thought that USC was resting on its laurels a bit and didn’t have a lot of desire last year. Not a whole lot of clawing.

I’ve dropped my expectations considerably after these last two games. Hopefully it is a wake up call.

Reaction Score
thought Jennings would have been a bigger part of the SC offense than she's being used now.

Jennings has been injured and doesn’t seem to be ready for extended minutes.

Team is better playing deliberately through her, IMO.

Reaction Score
I recorded the game and just finished watching. In the 4th quarter one of the announcers was cutting South Carolina some slack, saying SC is learning the new "motionless" offense. I'm sure she meant "motion" offense.
I thought the announcer said “new positionless offense”. Maybe I misheard?

Reaction Score
Both are undefeated. First top 10 game? Will they both stay in the top ten? Game is listed as showing on ESPN. Tip is at 5:30 ET in Columbia.
I don't think it will be close. South Carolin should easily win. Maryland is never as good as their press. And what does " undefeated " mean at this point in the season? Are they 14-0 and both beat ND, Baylor and UCONN? Someone probably beat Delaware State and Vanguard. C'mon....their record is meaningless at this stage. Doesn't mean it isn't an interesting match-up.

Reaction Score
I have a soft spot for baby sisters and I really like how Stephanie Jones play's and her overall demeanor. She looks very solid to me.
Stephanie Jones is going to be awesome this year. I've liked her since the 2nd half of her frosh year. I was impressed with MD's poise. Brenda Frese sure can recruit. If only she could hang onto pg's. Lexi Brown and Slocum leaving were both backbreakers. The Leslie kid on NC State is another MD transfer that has blossomed. She didn't have much a chance to play at MD. So she transfers and beats her former team in the tourney. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just wish Maryland had a few more tougher opponents to really gauge how good they are.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stephanie Jones is going to be awesome this year. I've liked her since the 2nd half of her frosh year. I was impressed with MD's poise. Brenda Frese sure can recruit. If only she could hang onto pg's. Lexi Brown and Slocum leaving were both backbreakers.

If they had Slocum with this crew they'd be a strong title threat IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think it will be close. South Carolin should easily win. Maryland is never as good as their press. And what does " undefeated " mean at this point in the season? Are they 14-0 and both beat ND, Baylor and UCONN? Someone probably beat Delaware State and Vanguard. C'mon....their record is meaningless at this stage. Doesn't mean it isn't an interesting match-up.

rabbit falling asleep.gif

Reaction Score
I just wish Maryland had a few more tougher opponents to really gauge how good they are.
Iowa and Minn are ranked. Iowa State beat Miami by about 35 points. You are right. There isn't much in the Big 10 to worry about. Ohio State is no longer good.

Reaction Score
I thought the announcer said “new positionless offense”. Maybe I misheard?
Maybe I wanted to hear "motionless" and the announcer said "positionless"! I wouldn't put it past me :)

Reaction Score
Stephanie Jones is going to be awesome this year. I've liked her since the 2nd half of her frosh year. I was impressed with MD's poise. Brenda Frese sure can recruit. If only she could hang onto pg's. Lexi Brown and Slocum leaving were both backbreakers. The Leslie kid on NC State is another MD transfer that has blossomed. She didn't have much a chance to play at MD. So she transfers and beats her former team in the tourney. Nicely done.
They have had issues with transfers like Louisville. Brown, Slocum and Kiara Leslie are just three of them. Jenna Staiti had 6 blocks against Georgia Tech and is shooting 82% from the field thus far. Kiah Gillespie was averaging 18 ppg for Florida State the last time I checked. But after all the transfers Brenda is still recruiting at a high level and may have her best team ever next year. Good timing too because Notre Dame is losing all those players to graduation, UConn loses Samuelson and Collier, OSUw may lose Ionescu, Louisville loses Durr and MSUs is losing McGowan.

Reaction Score
I Maryland moved to the B1G for the football/TV money, but it has really helped the in-conference record of WBB. If the Terps had stayed in the ACC, they would have no championships, because they would be below at least Notre Dame.

Or conversely it could have pushed Brenda and the Terps to step it up a notch.;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa and Minn are ranked. Iowa State beat Miami by about 35 points. You are right. There isn't much in the Big 10 to worry about. Ohio State is no longer good.
What does Iowa State beating Miami have to do with the Big 10?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Im sorry but Crystal Dangerfield runs circles around Ty Harris. Ive never understood the hype for harris. Shes not WNBA caliber to me. Lindsay Allen 2.0

Ty Harris doesn't show up when South Carolina play certain teams (choker). This has been since day 1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am not being harsh. I am just stating what I have observed watching South Carolina games.

To call someone a choker is a bit much... but whatever. Have a good thanksgiving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom