"9-4" | The Boneyard

"9-4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yup. You heard it here first. We're going 9-4. We'll have almost two full weeks to get our OLine working on the old blocking systems again. That isn't a lot of time, but is likely enough time to beat USF.
Then, off the victory against USF, we keep carrying the momentum and keep riding behind our bigs on the OLine. All of the sudden, 150 yards on the ground is not out of the question. Lyle and Max both look really good again. Whitmer not running for his life and trying to do too much. Davis and Phillips rip up the opponents. Ring the bell. Ring the bell. Ring the bell. Here come the Huskies...

Reaction Score
Yup. You heard it here first. We're going 9-4. We'll have almost two full weeks to get our OLine working on the old blocking systems again. That isn't a lot of time, but is likely enough time to beat USF.
Then, off the victory against USF, we keep carrying the momentum and keep riding behind our bigs on the OLine. All of the sudden, 150 yards on the ground is not out of the question. Lyle and Max both look really good again. Whitmer not running for his life and trying to do too much. Davis and Phillips rip up the opponents. Ring the bell. Ring the bell. Ring the bell. Here come the Huskies...

F&$k it! I miss optimism. 9-4.

Reaction Score

God, I love this!! Much missed optimism.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken, Cincy used the zone blocking scheme in their offense so if Weist was using their playbook.....

If someone could ask Sean Mulchahy if transitioning back to power blocking is something that is even possible in a short time I'd love to know the answer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we can somehow turn the blocking and defense around, a 7-8 win season is not impossible. We haven't won 3 straight games in over 3 years. That needs to change.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
God, I love this!! Much missed optimism.

The last time we collectively felt this good was when it was rumored that GDL was going to the Giants. Wait....I'm sensing a trend... :eek:

Reaction Score
If we can somehow turn the blocking and defense around, a 7-8 win season is not impossible. We haven't won 3 straight games in over 3 years. That needs to change.

Haven't won 2 consecutive games since Randy's last five regular season games in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom