#8 | The Boneyard

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
5D7B7F0F-05F3-4B57-8901-C3C80E399EF1.jpeg

I’ll take it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i thought that the line was '8, 98.6 it's good to have you back again...'
my bad. it's 'hey, 98.6 ...'
whatever, im sticking with '8.' works for me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Still not understanding how the Creighton Barrels are ranked above us, but, whatever.

We play them twice, later in the season. It will sort itself out.

thats ok they started higher and beat some good teams in Maui and lost to Arizona. They are a top 10 team. Its not a bad thing. We want them up when we play them, gives us more stroke.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Still not understanding how the Creighton Barrels are ranked above us, but, whatever.

We play them twice, later in the season. It will sort itself out.
Well we’re virtually even with them. It’s 1100 votes to 1099.

I think they should be ranked above us at this moment in time. They made it to the final and lost narrowly to the now #4 team in the country in a TOUGH Maui invitational.
We’ll see what happens when they play Texas on Thursday. That’s going to be interesting- enormous resume opportunity for them at a tough place to play right now.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel a little disrespected that we don't have any 1st place votes! Why should Purdue, who was ranked lower than us before PK. I understand they beat Gonzaga and Duke. But it isn't our fault that North Carolina can't make it to the finals. I have no doubt we would have won that game.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the top 3 teams, Houston, Texas, and UVA did not play in a T’giving tournament, so they haven’t played the 3 games in 4 days against stiff competition. Houston was less than impressive in a 5 point (49-44) win over Kent St. Can’t complain much #8 is a good feeling. I was curious of the bump the Alabama would get from the 4OT UNC win. Agree that having a bigger name in the finals would have benefitted UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting that the top 3 teams, Houston, Texas, and UVA did not play in a T’giving tournament, so they haven’t played the 3 games in 4 days against stiff competition. Houston was less than impressive in a 5 point (49-44) win over Kent St. Can’t complain much #8 is a good feeling. I was curious of the bump the Alabama would get from the 4OT UNC win. Agree that having a bigger name in the finals would have benefitted UConn
UVA played in a 2 game event in Vegas. Beat #5 Baylor and #19 Illinois. Houston been #2 since the start and haven’t lost

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel a little disrespected that we don't have any 1st place votes! Why should Purdue, who was ranked lower than us before PK. I understand they beat Gonzaga and Duke. But it isn't our fault that North Carolina can't make it to the finals. I have no doubt we would have won that game.
yeah I think UConn would've beaten UNC and matches up well with them. Put AJax on Caleb Love, who can be really good but is mostly inefficient. Who do they put their best defender Leaky Black on? Jordan Hawkins? It wouldn't matter UConn has more diverse scoring options. Plus, UNC lacks depth.
I am not writing off UNC, they are good, really good, but they have their share of weaknesses and last year they caught lightning in a bottle and lucked out with St. Peter's knocking off tougher teams in their bracket. Purdue or Kentucky would've been a much tougher match up for UNC. Not to mention Baylor was down 2 significant starters by that time, too.

Reaction Score

Nevermind that - we destroyed the 2 teams that beat UNC in the finals. UConn can only play the teams on the schedule. That's the argument everyone used with PC last year when they got every break for injury and rescheduled opponent.

If any of the voters bothered to stay up and watch the games (I'm assuming no) - there wasn't a single game that was even CLOSE down the stretch. If Bama jumps 7 spots for barely squeaking by UNC in a game both teams tried to lose, how does UConn not jump higher for beating the pants off of every team they see?

Creighton has a great win and a very good, close loss - but those games were all tight except for the little sisters of the poor schools. UConn has made every team look like an NEC team so far.

Phenomenal that we're bitching about being EIGHTH in the country though. First world problem.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
me too, bud, me too. I think UConn would've beaten UNC.

UConn is 1-5 against UNC . 4 of those games were 2002,2003,2004,2005. The other was 1990.

We didnt exactly suck in any those seasons. Its "one of those things". We have "one of those things" with Kentucky. We beat some awfully good Kentucky teams. (4-1)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UCONN is 1-5 against UNC 4 of those games were 2002,2003,2004,2005. The other was 1990.

We didnt exactly suck in any those seasons. Its "one of those things". We have "one of those "things" with Kentucky. We beat some awfully good Kentucky teams. (4-1)
That game in 2003(?) down in Chapel Hill pissed me off. We were the better team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom