8 plays. Down 14-0 in less than 5 min | The Boneyard

8 plays. Down 14-0 in less than 5 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team makes me nuts this season so far. Cornerback burned repeatedly. They saw something on film. We didn't.

Reaction Score
Memphis has 42 points right now real time. Houston has 57.

We better get better at defense if we're gonna suck so bad on offense,

Reaction Score
We don't throw deep. We don't practice throwing deep. It's called reps and our guys don't get them against this Knute Rockne offensive scheme. Cuse throws anyway so we're prefect for them. No tempo no pressure and no reps. We play in a different era.

Reaction Score
We don't throw deep. We don't practice throwing deep. It's called reps and our guys don't get them against this Knute Rockne offensive scheme. Cuse throws anyway so we're prefect for them. No tempo no pressure and no reps. We play in a different era.
Sherriffs doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep

Reaction Score
I agree. Since Maine, every time I see this team i think 'slow'. Today it was the defense that was slow.

Reaction Score
This team makes me nuts this season so far. Cornerback burned repeatedly. They saw something on film. We didn't.

Etta-Tawo had 270 yards recieving and two TD's. He beat us today! So much for the bend don't break.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My son is a high school punter and runs the 40 in under 5.00. I bet he's faster than half the UConn team.

Reaction Score

@Jimdish255 - I have to ask because you posted this statement a couple of times today... are you saying the scout team offense doesn't throw deep against our starting defense so they get no practice defending deep routes? If hyperbole/frustration and I'm taking it too literal just say so.

Reaction Score
My son is a high school punter and runs the 40 in under 5.00. I bet he's faster than half the UConn team.

I'll take that bet. If you are going to make a comment try to make it somewhat realistic. Comments such as yours add nothing to the dialogue.
I apologize if I come across a little bit harsh. I am as frustrated as anyone on this board. I will still take the bet.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'll take that bet. If you are going to make a comment try to make it somewhat realistic. Comments such as yours add nothing to the dialogue.
I apologize if I come across a little bit harsh. I am as frustrated as anyone on this board. I will still take the bet.

My post was hyperbole. More than half the team probably runs faster than 4.9 in the 40.

I'm still not impressed with our team speed. We always look like we're running in sand.

But I know the guys are doing their best and they're doing a lot better than I could have done when I was 21.

Reaction Score
Exactly- no reps. Then, they expect kids to execute when they are in a corner. Expecting BS to find receivers in the middle of the field or on post routes when they rarely try is beyond me. Syracuse's game plan was ridiculous. Just keep throwing long one on one to their big receiver. The odds were they would burn us enough times to win. They did crap otherwise. SU probably had more post reps in the game than we have practiced all season.

Reaction Score
When there are 2 receivers and 2 defenders, it is paramount for them to each decide which one to cover. Is that really too much to ask?

Reaction Score
UConn has a lot of tall players that look good on media day. They are slow (compared to what is needed at this level of football). We all need to remember to ask ourselves: if these guys were really all that good, they'd be playing for P5 programs. The secondary was really exposed today: can't cover playmakers.

Reaction Score
UConn has a lot of tall players that look good on media day. They are slow (compared to what is needed at this level of football). We all need to remember to ask ourselves: if these guys were really all that good, they'd be playing for P5 programs. The secondary was really exposed today: can't cover playmakers.

Well were not P5, so stop expecting a team full of P5 players. What we need is to find a coach that can win with the players HE recruits here. I'm sick of the players ain't good enough. The coaching hasn't. Even good enough.

Reaction Score
Well were not P5, so stop expecting a team full of P5 players. What we need is to find a coach that can win with the players HE recruits here. I'm sick of the players ain't good enough. The coaching hasn't. Even good enough.

And, you are not gonna get P5 type players, playing boring ass football.

Reaction Score
After 1st quarters this season, UConn's been down an average of 7.75 points (7-0, 7-0, 3-0, and 14-0 for a total deficit of 31-0). Ahout 1 TD's not a huge deficit, but this pattern is not new this season. With a less than explosive offense, digging a hole each game surely makes it more challenging for the team and coaches to win. Just one more consideration ...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am re-watching the game and will say that either the safeties are messing up on the first two touchdowns, or that Summers is reading his press clippings to much from last year. How he can get beat two times deep early in the game is beyond me

Reaction Score
Our safeties do suck at pass coverage, and onside kick recoveries as well.

Reaction Score
The good news is: after today, Summers ain't leaving for the NFL early (who'd want him). The bad news is: that Summers probably isn't leaving UConn and will be getting burnt some more.

Reaction Score
I am re-watching the game and will say that either the safeties are messing up on the first two touchdowns, or that Summers is reading his press clippings to much from last year. How he can get beat two times deep early in the game is beyond me
He got beat all day. He got lucky a couple times when some passes were dropped.
Hopefully he'll look at tapes and get better. That's all you can ask for.

Reaction Score
The inability of the coaches and players being ready to play from the opening whistle is infuriating. This team should scrap pre-game routine and have a live scrimmage for 10 - 15 minutes, first team O v first team D.... this way they may be ready to compete at the opening kickoff and not need the 15-25 minutes of game time to be remotely competitive.

Houston may very easily hang 70 on us. They are playing for a win, playing for pay back from a year ago, and playing for style points to try and finish top 4 and in the playoffs. It's going to be ugly.

Reaction Score
Sherriffs doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep

You're right. He doesn't. But he does have plenty of other skills that the coaches are not utilizing to the fullest.

Reaction Score

You're totally right LIUC. Ranks right up there with "the women could beat the men" comments we hear when the men's hoop team is faltering.

Let's also not forget that Summers' former secondary teammate Andrew Adams will be uniform for the New York football Giants today. yes, Summers had a horrendous game yesterday. But it's up to him bounce back. Hopefully he will be a lot more motivated going forward.

Reaction Score
The good news is: after today, Summers ain't leaving for the NFL early (who'd want him). The bad news is: that Summers probably isn't leaving UConn and will be getting burnt some more.

I hope Jamar is reading this message board and utilizing valid criticism such as the above as motivation. In five years, if Summers is in the league and someone asks him what motivates him, he'll say "Etta-Tawo".

Reaction Score

It's not that Syracuse saw something on film, it's that UConn looked completely unprepared for Syracuse's hurry-up style that had been well-publicized leading up to the game. First two Syracuse scores 100 percent on Diaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom