6 or 7 wins doesn’t matter for a bowl | The Boneyard

6 or 7 wins doesn’t matter for a bowl

Reaction Score
I guess when it really hurts, it really means something. The way I see it, the next hill to climb is being able to handle success. The team got its momentum kick out from under it by really crappy officiating and they couldn’t handle constantly getting knocked down the ladder every time they made a play. Other thoughts:

1. Charlton was horrific. He didn’t play to our strengths and got impatient going to a pass game in second half.

2. ZT is not very good and we need a real QB with vision and fast decision making.

3. Need some receivers. Marion isn’t going to be the guy.

4. Burns is an absolute hero. NFL material. Rosa with an FB is a deadly combo.

5. We only get better from here.

Thankful for a wonderful rewarding year with some real fun.

Reaction Score
I guess when it really hurts, it really means something. The way I see it, the next hill to climb is being able to handle success. The team got its momentum kick out from under it by really crappy officiating and they couldn’t handle constantly getting knocked down the ladder every time they made a play. Other thoughts:

1. Charlton was horrific. He didn’t play to our strengths and got impatient going to a pass game in second half.

2. ZT is not very good and we need a real QB with vision and fast decision making.

4. Burns is an absolute hero. NFL material. Rosa with an FB is a deadly combo.

5. We only get better from here.

Thankful for a wonderful rewarding year with some real fun.

Charlton was not good. Not exactly an offensive mastermind yet.

Coach in waiting? I hope not.

Reaction Score
Great season! Exceeded my expectations. Fingers crossed for a bowl game.

There are many opportunities to win 6+ games next year as well.

9/2 vs Duke… great opponent to kick off the season at home.

Reaction Score
We’re all completely disappointed with the outcome of todays game. Remember how low everyone had set the bar? Yeah…it’s was low! We all can’t be anything but thrilled with how HCJM’s first season went. This young team is going to be on the up n up! Fill the holes with some portal guys and we’ll get 8 wins next year! A bowl awaits this team!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
coming off the big win last week this was a letdown but could be expected against senior day at Army, especially with leaving at least 10 points on the field

Reaction Score
They did have a good season, don't know why I expected them to win today. This was a tough game for a young team. Not being able to score from the 1 was a killer.
With all due respect I can explain this for you. Just like the rest of us you knew Army had three previous wins, those being over Nova, Colgate and Louisiana-Monroe. No disrespect to them but not exactly power houses. This was a game where you play the opponent and the officials. They are home and multiple calls early on UConn (do officials kind of favor our military?) Can't say but for sure I wanted to take the chip shot field goal to put back some wind in our sails early.
No attack, see above for goal line stance and not taking the three early to get back some mojo. BUT and that's a big but Charlton did not throw two picks or drop two passes that hit a very good receiver in the hands.
He got open but tried too much to look up field before having the ball. Ugly but I don't want to give up on him another in the process.

OK was the game loss my only disappointment???? Not at all.... The military let me down!
Got up 0400 to to get tailgate things together and be on the road by 0600. This to make a early arrival @ West Point, set up and get to the parade field by 0900. First time visit to West Point and everyone says, oh you must take in the parade. I and my friend bought in only to find out the parade was canceled due to chilly weather.
I know why I speak English and I have respect for all our military and veterans. But our Army cant do their parade because it's chilly while they have no problem with 30,000 plus fans sitting on cold aluminum and concrete for four hours?
Something was a bit amiss today for me and then some.....

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
With all due respect I can explain this for you. Just like the rest of us you knew Army had three previous wins, those being over Nova, Colgate and Louisiana-Monroe. No disrespect to them but not exactly power houses. This was a game where you play the opponent and the officials. They are home and multiple calls early on UConn (do officials kind of favor our military?) Can't say but for sure I wanted to take the chip shot field goal to put back some wind in our sails early.

No attack, see above for goal line stance and not taking the three early to get back some mojo. BUT and that's a big but Charlton did not throw two picks or drop two passes that hit a very good receiver in the hands.

He got open but tried too much to look up field before having the ball. Ugly but I don't want to give up on him another in the process.

OK was the game loss my only disappointment???? Not at all.... The military let me down!
Got up 0400 to to get tailgate things together and be on the road by 0600. This to make a early arrival @ West Point, set up and get to the parade field by 0900. First time visit to West Point and everyone says, oh you must take in the parade. I and my friend bought in only to find out the parade was canceled due to chilly weather.
I know why I speak English and I have respect for all our military and veterans. But our Army cant do their parade because it's chilly while they have no problem with 30,000 plus fans sitting on cold aluminum and concrete for four hours?
Something was a bit amiss today for me and then some.....
Slow down. This is not "our Army." This is the US Military Academy at West Point. It is a school preparing young people to be Soldiers and leaders. They are college kids, not infantrymen. Also, they put on the parade as a spirit booster for themselves and their team, not visitors. If they decide not to have the parade, that's their business. Be glad they let you on base at all and thank them for being willing to defend you.

Reaction Score
Disappointing ending but very good season. I was originally scheduled to go to Army game but went to UMass game instead due to family function. I'm glad I missed the Army game since one of my primary reason to go was to see the Cadet parade and just read here that it was cancelled

Looking forward to go to bowl game if they are invited. Also some road trips to Rice and Tennessee next year as well. Much better season than I had hoped for.

Reaction Score
Slow down. This is not "our Army." This is the US Military Academy at West Point. It is a school preparing young people to be Soldiers and leaders. They are college kids, not infantrymen. Also, they put on the parade as a spirit booster for themselves and their team, not visitors. If they decide not to have the parade, that's their business. Be glad they let you on base at all and thank them for being willing to defend you.
With all due respect please don't ask me to slow down, at my age life might just stop. ;) No attack and I do not give the thumbs down as I think they are childish.
This is simply a forum of opinions and mine is different than yours. First we are talking a Military Academy not some liberal arts school. They promote what they are and encourage fans to arrive by 6 AM if possible to take in the festivities.
Gameday Events — Army Gameday

Now one can read if inclement weather permitting for the parade which is meant and promoted for fans not just their own. That and not inclement weather was predicted or accured, it was simply chilly.
While some may not agree with my opinion I can not remember a game The Uconn Marching Band did not take the field. Rain, wind, sleet and snow. And they are by no means supplied the garb the military are.
On your last comment about thanking them that is and has been a life long commitment for me. I thank every person in uniform for their service every day be it military or police. That along with vets wearing their hat's or shirts.

Not sure if you or those that may not like my comments where at the game, but it was a great day for tailgating, a parade and the game.

Reaction Score
UCF lost against to Navy today... service academies are match-up nightmares.
Service academies are tough because they play a system nobody plays anymore. So you need to install a special defense for 1 game unless you have the personnel to totally dominate them. Even then it can be tough. How many times has Navy givennNotre Dame fits for that reason? Plus the academies always get the calls and always have.
This loss was a tough one. I was worried about it. I kind of think UConn lost a bit of its edge too with all the excitement of beating Liberty, getting bowl eligible. Almost like this one was an afterthought. Add in going on the road and it had disaster written all over it.

Reaction Score
We dominated in the first half other than the scoreboard.

MSU choked and they won’t beat Penn State next week so there is one more bowl opening.
Isn't the scoreboard what matters?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom