6 Losses, 12 points. | The Boneyard

6 Losses, 12 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
6 of our 11 losses this year were the result of a combined 12 point deficit.

:eek:

Reaction Score
Texas, Yale, Temple, at Houston, and Memphis twice. If we split those games, we have 20 wins right now and probably a win away from being in the tournament.

Reaction Score
If my aunt had a.....

Texas, Yale, Temple, at Houston, and Memphis twice. If we split those games, we have 20 wins right now and probably a win away from being in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I don't think any coach could be successful having to play some combination of Facey, Brimah and Nolan for 60-70 minutes a game

Right but the point is the margin between decent season, dancing and building back up vs. KO and staff better get their "" together isn't very big.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
A very good point and I wonder if the confidence that may have come from more wins would have had the team feeling much better about itself and performing even better. However, you are what your record says you are and the team has not gotten better as the year progressed.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think any coach could be successful having to play some combination of Facey, Brimah and Nolan for 60-70 minutes a game

They’ve got the best shot-blocker in the country ... God, he’s unbelievable.

...on the defensive end, you’ve got somebody that goes after every shot. I was walking today with some of my staff. If you ask me to take one guy in our conference, besides some of the kids you hear mostly about, I’d take that center who corrects everything, every mistake you make. And he plays with passion...

Hall of Famer Larry Brown wants to start a team around Amida Brimah. You think no coach in the game can be successful playing him.

Interesting difference of opinion, but I'm going to lean with the Hall of Famer on this one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just remember last year - instead f being on the losing end UConn won many of those
Fate? Luck? whatever but what it results in is a good or bad season
UConn just happed to be on e dark side this season

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hall of Famer Larry Brown wants to start a team around Amida Brimah. You think no coach in the game can be successful playing him.

Interesting difference of opinion, but I'm going to lean with the Hall of Famer on this one.

His word is gold!!??
This guy is so over rated
51% WPct in the NBA 1 div championship and I title in 25 years
Barely right half the time
Danny Manning made his NCAA title not Larry Brown
If K or JC or Popovich talk then it has some basis

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
His word is gold!!??
Cool, now give me Husky91's credentials.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Disgusted and embarrassed fan who feels sick to his stomach every time he watched our frontcourt. Brown's got nothing.

Top 10 in the country in FG and block % as a Sophomore. Yes our frontcourt is offensively challenged which makes us 1 dimensional but holy crap, Brimah is so far down on our list of problems.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Actually, I need to back off a bit, the statement from @husky91 was specifically the combination of the three. That's not a completely crazy statement.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Last year we won 5 games by 7 points. Would have made us 19-12 and out of the NCAA. Who cares.

Reaction Score
2 hugely misleading statistics. 95% of his shot attempts are dunks. He goes for blocks on virtually every defensive play, he gets a few and his poor defensive positioning costs much more then any of his blocks which almost always results in sets for the offensive team.

Compared to the others Brimah has potential, but he's a ways away.

Top 10 in the country in FG and block % as a Sophomore. Yes our frontcourt is offensively challenged which makes us 1 dimensional but holy crap, Brimah is so far down on our list of problems.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
2 hugely misleading statistics. 95% of his shot attempts are dunks. He goes for blocks on virtually every defensive play, he gets a few and his poor defensive positioning costs much more then any of his blocks which almost always results in sets for the offensive team.

If the lob dunk is so easy, how come we haven't run it for Facey and Nolan when they are in the game? BS Brimah's FG% is deceiving, it indicates exactly what he is, a highly efficient scorer at 10 ppg. His quickness off the floor and size is what makes that play viable.

And defensively we need him to be overly aggressive. We have to score on the fast break which the block starts because the team can't score in the half court.

Reaction Score
His word is gold!!??

You wonder why I make fun of you and then you say nonsense like this.

Reaction Score
I think the basketball gods have forsaken us. Didn't we recently have a season or two which the opposite happened? And wasn't that a Championship year?

I'm just saying perhaps the well is just empty this year, or we used up our 4-5 year allotment.

Reaction Score
Just remember last year - instead f being on the losing end UConn won many of those
Fate? Luck? whatever but what it results in is a good or bad season
UConn just happed to be on e dark side this season

Thats what I blame it on to help me sleep at night, the basketball Gods turning on us. In order to get the swings that result in winning a championship as a 7 seed, the pendulum has to swing back at some point. I hope this season gets it all out of the way to clear our luck/karma and set the pendulum swinging back to our favor, lets get another ridiculous tourney run in the next couple of years!!!

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with basketball gods and more to do with this team not being very good.

It's one thing to lose close games, and quite another to blow then in importable fashion like this team has. The 2009-10 squad had that same trait.

This can happen when you lose 3/5 of the starting lineup from a NC team.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was at the Houston game. That was not really a close game. It should never have been close, but the team overall had an off day. A better team wins that game no problem (just look at Houston's conference record going into that game). The score was only close because of Boatright who had had enough and took over the game in the waning minutes. If we had an extra two minutes, Boatright would have won that game for us though. I just looked at the play by play again (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/connecticut-huskies-houston-cougars-201502010254/) and in the last eight minutes it appears that Houston was playing Boatright.

Reaction Score
It is amazing to watch a thread about UConn losing close games degenerate into a thread about comparing Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown's basketball IQ to a guy who is blocked by 95% of the people on this board so quickly.

Reaction Score

There is no such thing as a misleading statistic. A statistic is what it is. The meaning that one draws from a statistic can be misleading, but since the poster didn't really draw much of one thank you, again, for being such a good demonstration of unexplained anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom