5 ints and 0 tds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5 ints and 0 tds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All true. It's a non conference game and a loss doesn't keep you from a good season. You have to balance winning the battle with fighting the war - my only point is that it's not crazy to wonder if someone else would play better.

Did you see JMac's throw in the end zone at the end of the UMass game?

Happy feet happy feet throw a floater off your back foot into traffic to avoid the nonexistent rush.

Not for one second did I think Whitmer should've been pulled.

Reaction Score
Less we forget Cement Shoes JMac is sacked 5 times more minimum yesterday if he is in. Outside of improved receivers who thus far catch most of the balls thrown at them, everything else is a headwind for him (calls, line, rythem, penalties resulting in 1st through 3rd And long, etc.). Fix any of those glaring holes first and I will be more critical, until then he isn't part of the problem.

Reaction Score
Whitmer's the guy, we all know that, but he deserves all of the crap the fan base is giving him right now. He wants to be the qb of a div 1 school, then he has to do a better job period. In a few days the board will calm down and discuss the maryland game, until then...

Exactly.

Everyone here wants Whitmer to do well. I don't enjoy having to come on here discuss his miserable performance. I am extremely concerned. Some posters here keep talking about his potential and what great skills he has. But my question is, where have we seen this? A half of a spring game where the defense wasn't blitzing or showing any varied looks?

We talked previously about this (and my concern was shot down by other posters). Whitmer came in with a reputation of making poor decisions. So far during the season he has lived up to that - 5 INTS in 2 games. (and as an aside people blaming INT's on anything but Whitmer? What is up with that? He had 3 INTs. Period. We can talk about the other 2 that NC State dropped, but that is stupid, because NC State dropped them).

We don't need Graham Harrel, we don't need Colt Brennan, we don't need Andrew Luck. We need a qb who will play within the system, throw the ball away when a play isn't there, and who will hit the receivers in a position so they can make plays. Manage the game. We have not seen that this season.

Reaction Score

Happy feet happy feet throw a floater off your back foot into traffic to avoid the nonexistent rush.

And as miserable as he played, I agree. He was chosen as the starting qb, McEntee had his shot last season. Whether Whitmer gives us a substantial improvement remains to be seen, but he just finished playing his first BCS game. He has to be given an opportunity. He puts up another couple games like he did yesterday, then the practice reps of McEntee need to be increased.

Reaction Score
And just to add, I can care less about Whitmer's lack of td's. If he throws 3 td's all year and we win 8 games, I am fine with that. As long as its because he is hitting 60 % of his passes, limiting his mistakes, and the running backs are just punching in short (or long) tds.

Reaction Score

If P pulled Whitmer for JMac and we still lost this board would be in nuclear melt down.

Reaction Score
everyone here is a little bit out of wack with this. is it a bad ratio and a lot of int's? yes it is. but we are a throwing team now more than ever. whitmer is young as can be and the oline is the worst its been in years. by my thoughts, 3 of his ints were pure mistakes of youth, one of those was a once life time mistake. 2 were him forcing the ball downfield, both today trying to make up for our brutal oline and oc who fell asleep at the wheel with the game still in reach. i think he has a good mid ranage 5-15 yard ball, he feels the pocket alright and gets rid of the ball on dump offs well when pressure is there. he also rushes onmce or twice for + yards when needed. his deep ball is weak, a 2nd off season in burton will do that aspect wonders in the weight room. the future is bright with him. now delone and the oline is a different story.

i'll take soph whitmer and what he develops into the next 3 years over the others. u?

I do agree, but I am also wondering when Casey get his cast off? Of course same oline play and play calls and it makes no difference.

Reaction Score
I do agree, but I am also wondering when Casey get his cast off? Of course same oline play and play calls and it makes no difference.

Casey needs to redshirt. It is unfair for any true freshman to be thrown into the fire their first year. Get stronger, watch film, work with the scout team against a tremendous defense. That's what he needs.

Reaction Score
I find it weird that some people seem to mind sacks more than interceptions.

To put these interceptions in perspective, Whitmer is currently on pace to throw 30 of them. The NCAA leader last year was Dominique Davis with 19. Of Whitmer's 5 interceptions, I'd say that 4 were terrible decisions and 1 was just bad accuracy (Geremy Davis deep ball). The bad accuracy, I might be able to live with. The consistently bad decisions, though, YUCK.

Call me a traditionalist but I believe that winning the turnover battle wins you the game, especially with our defense being top 10 in the Nation. Whitmer should get the Maryland and Western Michigan games, no doubt, but if he's at 10 INT at that point you have to find someone who values the ball a little bit more -even if its Scott McCummings running it 50x a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom