4th Kentucky Transfer | The Boneyard

4th Kentucky Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyvin Goodin-Rogers is transferring too: LINK. What is up at Kenticky? Four transfers is stretching the coincidence theory. And each time Mitchell leaves the same no-info boring quote. Boy, I'd love to know the dish on this.

Reaction Score
Kyvin Goodin-Rogers is transferring too: LINK. What is up at Kenticky? Four transfers is stretching the coincidence theory. And each time Mitchell leaves the same no-info boring quote. Boy, I'd love to know the dish on this.
What is Mitchell going to say?? Hey fans, these kids hate my smiling A---, I say things and do things that are illegal and immoral??????
In todays world a public figure is best advised to say nothing or non committal pap.

Reaction Score
North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, something is definitely happening in the South with these women.

Reaction Score
North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, something is definitely happening in the South with these women.
Southern women are dainty "ladies" and require smelling salts for all occasions, a hand fan is also a necessary accessory--why sully their dainty hands with a basketball??
North Carolina (poor kids) is under a cloud of unknown Sanctions--so if you have any talent you should leave. K entuck--who knows?
When Mitchell lost his O'Neil group---he started losing kids. Do your think the don't believe they are winners ?

Reaction Score
There should be no doubt about the issue with UNC. Only total malfeasance by the NCAA allows the Tarheels to continue to operate. Their sins of near two decades of academic fraud needs the most significant punishment ever handed down by the NCAA, more than SMU, more then Syracuse, and even more than Penn. St. What issues are there at Vandy and Kentucky that have not been made public? Even UConn has had some transfers but I think most of them were a result of playing time issues as the singular cause. I know some may disagree but face it, Geno might not be the best fit for a lot of kids.

Reaction Score
There should be no doubt about the issue with UNC. Only total malfeasance by the NCAA allows the Tarheels to continue to operate. Their sins of near two decades of academic fraud needs the most significant punishment ever handed down by the NCAA, more than SMU, more then Syracuse, and even more than Penn. St. What issues are there at Vandy and Kentucky that have not been made public? Even UConn has had some transfers but I think most of them were a result of playing time issues as the singular cause. I know some may disagree but face it, Geno might not be the best fit for a lot of kids.

Bill I honestly don't know what's happening at Vandy or Kentuck--if it's internal and it doesn't bother UConn--I DoN"t Care!!
North Carolina PUNISHMENT by the NCAA is extremely complicated. 20 years of violations by a school top to bottom one would think ti easy ---it isn't.
How do you punish an institution whose criminals are probably gone. How do you punish current students and athletes for what was done in the past? The kids going to UNC expect and are owed athletic teams to cheer for--it's part of the college experience.
I have a dozen suggestions on how to punish the institution, coaches, academics, who were involved--fire their A---es NOW. But allow the games to be played. Take away funding, but allow the games. Anytime a team is not allowed to play dishonors and is punishment for the student body --who gains by that??
Uconn transfers, all except Samaria, in my memory were PT issues. Some too were for the convenience of Geno--why coach players who won't put forth the effort (and they wanted playing time). Oh yes there is ONE who was homesick and another who transferred to the Blue Hens (no comment).

Reaction Score
Bill I honestly don't know what's happening at Vandy or Kentuck--if it's internal and it doesn't bother UConn--I DoN"t Care!!
North Carolina PUNISHMENT by the NCAA is extremely complicated. 20 years of violations by a school top to bottom one would think ti easy ---it isn't.
How do you punish an institution whose criminals are probably gone. How do you punish current students and athletes for what was done in the past? The kids going to UNC expect and are owed athletic teams to cheer for--it's part of the college experience..
There is not a way to effectively punish the UNC people who were responsible for the acceptance if not the endorsement of the fraud. But to your point who suffered when the NCAA hit SMU with the death penalty? Who suffered from whatever the sanctions were at Syracuse. Who suffered at UConn when the program was prevented from playing any post season games because all of the bad grades people and the coach were gone when they were hit. And the ultimate who suffered when the NCAA fined PSU $60 mil, reduced scholarships, took away Paterno wins, banned the team from post season play including bowls. So we may have to agree to disagree about the level of sanctions that UNC should suffer as a result of the complete lack of institutional control (a wonderful NCAA catch phrase.)

Reaction Score
How do you punish an institution whose criminals are probably gone. How do you punish current students and athletes for what was done in the past? The kids going to UNC expect and are owed athletic teams to cheer for--it's part of the college experience.
I have a dozen suggestions on how to punish the institution, coaches, academics, who were involved--fire their A---es NOW. But allow the games to be played. Take away funding, but allow the games. Anytime a team is not allowed to play dishonors and is punishment for the student body --who gains by that??
Uconn transfers, all except Samaria, in my memory were PT issues. Some too were for the convenience of Geno--why coach players who won't put forth the effort (and they wanted playing time). Oh yes there is ONE who was homesick and another who transferred to the Blue Hens (no comment).

The NCAA no problem punishing UCONN when the "bad actors" were all gone from the program. They laid down the hammer in a very public and heavy handed way on UCONN for something far less important than the 20 YEARS OF VIOLATIONS @ UNC.

UNC should receive the DEATH PENALTY for next 5+ Years.

They also had no problem killing SMU back in the day.

Do the same with the UNC TAR "CHEATERS"!

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

I would endorse most of your suggestions, but I would a couple... take away a significant number of athletic scholarships (depending upon the sport) for many years(10?) going forward AND allow any and all scholarship athletes the ability to transfer without prejudice, i.e., no 1 year wait, to any other institution. That would effectively punish the university without adversely punishing the current student athletes.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The issue of punishment is complex as noted by the writers above
But to claim that the "bad actors" are all gone is nonsense.

The coaches knew, the assistants certainly all knew
Dept. heads knew
Administrative supervisors knew.

Punish them:
Large fines
Multi-year suspensions
In some cases, forced resignations.

Let the kids play and have their "college experience."
Make the responsible adults pay the price for their dishonesty.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget the dishonesty of the players. Ensure that any and all who were taking those "classes" are stricken from the record books, and have their "degrees", and all credits earned during their attendance, revoked. I don't want to hear that they were "just kids", they knew that taking credit for a class that wasn't being held was wrong.

The only problem with the best piece of the solution (letting current players transfer without having to sit out a year) is that multiples could choose to go to the same university, creating a Super Team for a couple of seasons. You can't limit the number of transfers to any school, because that places an unlawful restriction on the players. It's a great idea, but you have to be prepared for the impact. Not to mention the alumni shenanigans this would invite; could you imagine the SMU Alumni getting started, and "convincing" the stars of the UNC Men's Basketball team to sign on? Larry Brown would be on top of the world!

Reaction Score
I would endorse most of your suggestions, but I would a couple... take away a significant number of athletic scholarships (depending upon the sport) for many years(10?) going forward AND allow any and all scholarship athletes the ability to transfer without prejudice, i.e., no 1 year wait, to any other institution. That would effectively punish the university without adversely punishing the current student athletes.
This has been rehashed over and over. My only reason for this posting is, as much as I dislike the NCAA and some of their poor actions--UNC is a REAL problem that is probably too big for them to handle. May be allow the Courts to settle this one. I have no vested interest in anything UNC.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Barnhart: No ‘systemic issue’ within Kentucky says AD...actually says Headline.
“We want to make sure there’s no systemic issue"
" I don't think there is..."
Maybe... (unsaid)
Perhaps... (unsaid)

" I am not a crook."
Richard M. Nixon

Reaction Score
The NCAA no problem punishing UCONN when the "bad actors" were all gone from the program. They laid down the hammer in a very public and heavy handed way on UCONN for something far less important than the 20 YEARS OF VIOLATIONS @ UNC.

UNC should receive the DEATH PENALTY for next 5+ Years.

They also had no problem killing SMU back in the day.

Do the same with the UNC TAR "CHEATERS"!
None of the 30,000 UNC s
You missed the point. Uconn's violations were easy--something easily punished because the violations were minimal. It's like:: A single kid murders a person. Arrested, tried convicted on 1st, 2nd, or manslaughter. Jail or Reform school. Easy.
30 kids over 4 years collude to murder 10 people and 5 people are murdered--20 are over 21, 4 are 14, 5 are 17. What does the courts do with this?? This is the kind of problem the NCAA has---proof of crimes are evident and handy, you must punish, who, how much, and to what depth to go in your criminal punishment??
The issue of punishment is complex as noted by the writers above
But to claim that the "bad actors" are all gone is nonsense.

The coaches knew, the assistants certainly all knew
Dept. heads knew
Administrative supervisors knew.

Punish them:
Large fines
Multi-year suspensions
In some cases, forced resignations.

Let the kids play and have their "college experience."
Make the responsible adults pay the price for their dishonesty.

WE can go back an forth on this forever without solution. This is the US of America, not Nazi German or Soviet Stalin Russia--you can be certain all is done before this is done the FINAL SOLUTION will be dictated by the courts after years and years of legal wrangling. And the final solution will not resemble yours nor mine.

Reaction Score
None of the 30,000 UNC s
You missed the point. Uconn's violations were easy--something easily punished because the violations were minimal. It's like:: A single kid murders a person. Arrested, tried convicted on 1st, 2nd, or manslaughter. Jail or Reform school. Easy.
30 kids over 4 years collude to murder 10 people and 5 people are murdered--20 are over 21, 4 are 14, 5 are 17. What does the courts do with this?? This is the kind of problem the NCAA has---proof of crimes are evident and handy, you must punish, who, how much, and to what depth to go in your criminal punishment??

WE can go back an forth on this forever without solution. This is the US of America, not Nazi German or Soviet Stalin Russia--you can be certain all is done before this is done the FINAL SOLUTION will be dictated by the courts after years and years of legal wrangling. And the final solution will not resemble yours nor mine.
I must admit I haven't a clue what the Germans or the Russians of the 1930's era have to do with anything. The only issue I can see is that the NCAA in its' infinite wisdom is in my opinion consciously dragging this case on and on with what as a motive. They have more evidence than they had in the PSU case and yet they continue to allow UNC to operate as though nothing wrong was done. The PSU penalties were handed out in less than 18 months of the public disclosure that a criminal case was going to be brought, Before a trial, but they still killed the school for 4 years. One man, admittedly a despicable human being, but one man and 'x' number of victims. UNC 18 years, 3000 students nearly half athletes. And serious punishment after 5 plau years still not meted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom