44 points is 44 points but.... | The Boneyard

44 points is 44 points but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching the game again, I actually DO think we ran better offense than we did in the previous 3 losses. We pushed the ball up the court, guys looked like they were moving at full speed on offense, we moved the ball better from side to side. Against the zone, they clearly made an effort to get the ball to Olander/Roscoe at the high post.

In the Notre Dame/Tennessee games, our offense looked terrible because we stood around, dribbled too much, moped through cuts/screens in the first 20 seconds of every possession. I didn't see a ton of that in the Georgetown game - I mostly saw good shots that didn't go in.

Daniels was 0-3 from 3 point land - all 3 shots were wide open. Lamb missed 14 shots - a couple were forced, a couple were too many steps behind the line, but I'd say 8-9 of them were great looks that just didn't go down. Olander missed a handful of 10-12 footers that we want him to take. We got the ball inside enough for Drummond to make 9 field goals.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Maybe nobody else saw it this way. But I did actually see enough of a difference in the execution offensively to be slightly encouraged. The ball just wouldn't go in the basket.

Reaction Score
It was just a ridiculous game. Everybody was missing great looks, especially Lamb. I feel like if we were on a 3 game winning streak going into that game, many of those shots find their way into the basket.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
missed many wide open shots, and missed badly

I think they were pressing too hard, which made them play scared

just relax and play hard, you'll be successful

Reaction Score
I agree with the original post.

However, this is why we have to rebound better on the offensive end. When you miss that many shoots you should have a huge number of offensive boards and lots of second chance points. Drummond still is a little lost when it comes to blocking out (on both ends BTW) and AO has been nowhere as effective as last year. I might concede a few fast breaks if it meant an uptick in offensive rebounding.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I agree with everything said here and would add that too many tough shots were forced, though they may have fallen in the past.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
We did push the ball, but what kills ya is the inability to hit open shots in rhythum. We did force some shots, but that will happen when you look for your shot too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom