4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report | Page 4 | The Boneyard

4-star PG Jalen Carey no longer considering Miami Hurricanes Basketball per report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There would be so much time available for someone versatile like him to play both guard spots off the bench. I guess he's worried Adams is staying.

Yes I agree he would see probably 20 plus minutes right from the start. I was simply stating I don't think he would start, which is something that could be important to him.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I believe there is a chance that the orange are university 9, just sayin based on the bazely recruitment. I hate to say it, but every high level recruitment has to be reviewed.

I wish but they are Nike school... maybe down the road.

Reaction Score
Unless I'm a sure fire one and done, think going to a team that doesn't "need" me to be good enough to start day one would be a better place to go. Something to be said for learning from a AJ Price, Kemba, Shabazz and Adams/Gilbert.

Reaction Score
There is also Jalen, AG, Vitale and Anderson on hand.
Isn’t he 2018 Anderson for sure is gone and hopefully JA is a number one pick.
He would be the 4th which is what we like to have

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Isn’t he 2018 Anderson for sure is gone and hopefully JA is a number one pick.
He would be the 4th which is what we like to have
Yes, you are right on Carey as 2018 and Anderson gone.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Not so sure about this. I think next year's lineup starts Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, and any 2 of Williams/Diarra/Cobb. Carey would likely be the sixth man.
Sorry but Jalen Carey is 10000x better than Sid Wilson.

Reaction Score
Sorry but Jalen Carey is 10000x better than Sid Wilson.
That’s not true. About equal in scoring, Wilson is better at the line, Carey is a better shooter, but Wilson is a good rebounder and help side rim protector for his position.

Carey is basically Monta Ellis. He scores well but doesn’t contribute in other areas. If Wilson stayed 2018 he would have been the better ranked player.

Both are great talents, but Carey isn’t better than Wilson. Wilson also has a much better NBA profile. No offense to you of course, but I think this was off-base.

pj

Reaction Score
That’s not true. About equal in scoring, Wilson is better at the line, Carey is a better shooter, but Wilson is a good rebounder and help side rim protector for his position.

Carey is basically Monta Ellis. He scores well but doesn’t contribute in other areas. If Wilson stayed 2018 he would have been the better ranked player.

Both are great talents, but Carey isn’t better than Wilson. Wilson also has a much better NBA profile. No offense to you of course, but I think this was off-base.

Wilson scored very well for Brewster. I'm looking forward to seeing him play. As for Carey, will be happy to get him, but I think we're well positioned with Vital, Matthews, Polley, and Wilson to score and with Akinjo and Gilbert to distribute. Would like to have one more distributing guard with size. Would like to have Carey, but we can get by for 2018-19 with a 5th year grad replacing Antwoine Anderson, and try to get a top player in the 2019 recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Jalen Carey should have no worries about starting here because he will. Carey and Akinjo will be our starting backcourt next year. Jalen Adams is looking to go pro and even if he doesn't, Carey is still good enough to be a starter on our team. The Jalen to Jalen combo could be deadly if Adams stays. With Akinjo and Vital as well we would have the top backcourt in the nation with all 4 of those guys.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jalen Carey should have no worries about starting here because he will. Carey and Akinjo will be our starting backcourt next year. Jalen Adams is looking to go pro and even if he doesn't, Carey is still good enough to be a starter on our team. The Jalen to Jalen combo could be deadly if Adams stays. With Akinjo and Vital as well we would have the top backcourt in the nation with all 4 of those guys.

Ummmmm Alterique?

Reaction Score
Huskymagic has Alterique either sliding into the Donnell Beverly or ending his career early due to shoulder troubles.

Someone should tell him to stop sliding into former Huskies. It's rude and dangerous.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Someone should tell him to stop sliding into former Huskies. It's rude and dangerous.

Sliding into DMs is how you stalk these days tho

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ahh, the mandatory "we need a kid who wants to be at UConn" after the fact justification. Stage 3 of every UConn recruitment.

Reaction Score

Neither Akinjo or Carey would start next year. The starting back court will be Gilbert and Vital.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Neither Akinjo or Carey would start next year. The starting back court will be Gilbert and Vital.
Unless Jalen develops a 3pt shot this season then our starting backcourt next year will be Jalen and AG.

Reaction Score
Unless Jalen develops a 3pt shot this season then our starting backcourt next year will be Jalen and AG.

Made 36 on 35% up from 27% from freshman year and dealt with injuries and being focal point of opposing defenses last year. Bazz shot 35% from 3 as a sophomore while Kemba shot 34% as a sophomore from 3 and 33% as a junior. I hope Jalen comes back next year but I don't think 3 point shooting will be what keeps him from leaving.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Still, AG doesn't exist in your mind
Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member